553K views 2K replies 300 participants last post by  dubthang 
#1 ·
Mine's here!
Here's the first pics.

Los
From Drop Box

See less See more
#11 ·
I want to see a time lapse movie of the build. Think you could get that up by Sunday night? :D

Really, I'm almost as excited as Los and I don't even have one. :eek:ut:
New bike stoke is awesome! More new N9's please.

-F

#23 ·
Hey guys, wr're in Sun Valley, and I'm having problems posting pics from my phone from Picasa.
The frame built up rrally well, incredibly well prepped. I've never built a production bike that wrmt together this easily.
I have only gotten about a 15 minuyr shake down ride, but it handles steeps really, really nicely!
I'll post more when I can.

Los

#26 ·
From Drop Box
Outside the condo where we're staying in Sun Valley.
Word of warning if anyone is planning on using a White Industries crank: I ended up needing a 122mm BB for it in order to clear the driveside chainstay. Probably the same for most other square taper cranks, too. A 115 worked fine on the Unit.
As far as the geometry, it feels more playful, and definitely easier to pop the front up over stuff... even in flip-flops!

Los

#33 ·
So I got my nimble 9 friday and had it built up that night it went together with no set backs. First thing I thought was I'm glad I went with the large because this is a small frame compared to my SIR 9. Actuall top tube length is only 23" and set tube length is 18.5". Compared to my niner frame its quite a bit different and will take a few ride to get use to the geometry.
I took it out for a shakedown run through my local canyon after I got it built up. My first impression was it felt like a 26" wheeled bike, and it was super easy to lift the front wheel up and over rocks and logs. On a short but steep climb this thing really kicked ass, with the short stay and slack seat angle theres plenty of traction to conqure the steepest climbs out there. The only thing that i can gripe about is my heels rubed the chains stays, but I will get over it.
I set mine up SS with a 32x18 and with that gear ratio my chainstays measure out to 16.750. I think if i play around with the chain length I can get it down to 16.5
So here the build list

Frame=large
Fork=Niner
Headset=King
Wheels=Salsa grodos
Hubs=Mango kings SS
Cranks=SLX
Brakes=Magure Marthas SL
Stem=Thomson 100mmx0
Seatpost=Thomson
Seatpost collar=Salsa
Bars= Salsa promoto 5 degree bend
Grips=ESI
Tires=front Schwable RR 2.4 Rear Maxxis Ignitor

#34 ·
So I got my nimble 9 friday and had it built up that night it went together with no set backs. First thing I thought was I'm glad I went with the large because this is a small frame compared to my SIR 9. Actuall top tube length is only 23" and set tube length is 18.5". Compared to my niner frame its quite a bit different and will take a few ride to get use to the geometry.
I took it out for a shakedown run through my local canyon after I got it built up. My first impression was it felt like a 26" wheeled bike, and it was super easy to lift the front wheel up and over rocks and logs. On a short but steep climb this thing really kicked ass, with the short stay and slack seat angle theres plenty of traction to conqure the steepest climbs out there. The only thing that i can gripe about is my heels rubed the chains stays, but I will get over it.
I set mine up SS with a 32x18 and with that gear ratio my chainstays measure out to 16.750. I think if i play around with the chain length I can get it down to 16.5
So here the build list

Frame=large
Fork=Niner
Headset=King
Wheels=Salsa grodos
Hubs=Mango kings SS
Cranks=SLX
Brakes=Magure Marthas SL
Stem=Thomson 100mmx0
Seatpost=Thomson
Seatpost collar=Salsa
Bars= Salsa promoto 5 degree bend
Grips=ESI
Tires=front Schwable RR 2.4 Rear Maxxis Ignitor
These frames are all getting damn fine lookin' builds. :D :thumbsup:

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.