Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72
Results 1,776 to 1,792 of 1792
  1. #1776
    squish, squish in da fish
    Reputation: fishwrinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    987
    yup, i thought about selling it to get the balance, but i just can't.

  2. #1777
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,087
    My wife and bank accounts hate each and every one of you sob's now!!

    Must resist urge to have another bike....must resist urge to have another bike!!

    d@mn you

  3. #1778
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,596
    You're not having "another" bike, you are doing the most feasibly cheap possible upgrade in purchasing only the new FS frame and transferring over all parts that will from the Nimble, it is not worth it to take the big hit selling the old Nimble frame, so you just hold onto it until parts "wear out" from the Prime and then need upgrading, and voila in a little bit you have back your Nimble
    Quote Originally Posted by jonshonda View Post
    My wife and bank accounts hate each and every one of you sob's now!!

    Must resist urge to have another bike....must resist urge to have another bike!!

    d@mn you
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  4. #1779
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2

    Pictures and build sheet for my Nimble 9 build

    2013 Nimble 9 Large Frame - Red

    Brakes
    - Hope Sawtooth Floating Rotor Black, 203mm, 6 Bolt
    - Hope Sawtooth Floating Rotor Black, 183mm, 6 Bolt
    - Hope Tech 3 E4 Disc Brake Black, Braided Hose, Right Hand, Rear

    Drivetrain
    -Shimano CN-HG94 MTB 10 Speed Chain 10 Speed (CH272C02 10SP)
    -Shimano M771 XT 10 Speed Cassette 11-36T, 10 Speed (CS272B01 1136 10SP)
    -Shimano M640 Zee Shift Lever Black, Right Only (SL245A00BLK RGHT)
    -Shimano M640 Zee 68/73mm Crankset Black, 170mm (CR245A01BLK 170)
    -RaceFace - 32 tooth chainring
    -Shimano M640 Zee Rear Derailleur Black, FR, 11-32T/11-36T (RD245C00BLK FREE)

    Misc
    -Deity Fantom V2 Stem Black, 50mm Length (ST244A01BLK 50 0)
    -Deity DIRTY30 Handlebar Red, 760mm Width, 25mm Rise (HB244A02RED 760 25)
    -Canfield Brothers wheelset
    -142x12mm dropouts
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-img_20140607_183544608_hdr-1-.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-img_20140601_091221136.jpg  


  5. #1780
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    116
    Sweet, another red one. I like it!

  6. #1781
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    2,943
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    You're not having "another" bike, you are doing the most feasibly cheap possible upgrade in purchasing only the new FS frame and transferring over all parts that will from the Nimble, it is not worth it to take the big hit selling the old Nimble frame, so you just hold onto it until parts "wear out" from the Prime and then need upgrading, and voila in a little bit you have back your Nimble
    HAHA You are the devil. lol Although it's hard to argue with that logic.

  7. #1782
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    136
    '14 N9, medium, 32:18 with a half link in a stretched chain (maybe a new chain with a full link in place of the half would allow a similar slider position)
    Wheels: Stans Crest on Hope Pro 2 Evo
    Dropped: XFusion HiLo
    Brakes: XT
    Forks: Reba RL 120mm
    780mm bars on a 35mm stem

    Despite the lack of rain in the picture, this is in the UK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-img_20140709_192704_nopm_.jpg  


  8. #1783
    squish, squish in da fish
    Reputation: fishwrinkle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    987
    gbone that is a sic whip. i have a question about your saddle as i have the same one with about 200 miles on it. other than it being a superb fit and plush on the arse, does yours creak at the nose where the rails join the plastic? mine is driving me nuts(pun intended), i might have to call bike bling. i didn't like how flexy it was at 1st but now i don't even notice.

    ghetto, how long have you been using the hi-lo & what are your thoughts on it? also, what size is it? currently i'm running a GD clone and want to upgrade. gotta love the charge spoon, inexpensive and comfy. i finally bent a rail on it after 3 seasons, best $26 i spent on bike shyte.

  9. #1784
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2
    The front of the saddle does creak a little bit but I don't notice it that much. I recently moved to colorado and a lot of my riding now has me out of the saddle.

    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    gbone that is a sic whip. i have a question about your saddle as i have the same one with about 200 miles on it. other than it being a superb fit and plush on the arse, does yours creak at the nose where the rails join the plastic? mine is driving me nuts(pun intended), i might have to call bike bling. i didn't like how flexy it was at 1st but now i don't even notice.

    ghetto, how long have you been using the hi-lo & what are your thoughts on it? also, what size is it? currently i'm running a GD clone and want to upgrade. gotta love the charge spoon, inexpensive and comfy. i finally bent a rail on it after 3 seasons, best $26 i spent on bike shyte.

  10. #1785
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Canfield Nimble9. GREEZO

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-image.jpgCanfield Nimble 9 build thread!-image.jpgFinally done.

  11. #1786
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3

    Canfield Nimble9. GREEZO

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	251.3 KB 
ID:	907294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	907295Finally done.

    2013 Canfield nimble 9
    2014 Reba Rockshox
    ChrisKing Headset
    Shimano XT M785
    Shimano XT Rotors
    29er Easton EA70 XCT (UST)-Rims
    Schwalbe Nobby Nic 2.25 Front Tire
    Schwalbe Racing Ralph 2.25 Rear. Tire
    Raceface Chester 175mm Crankset
    Ethirteen 34t Chainring
    Surly 18t cog

  12. #1787
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,087
    I know I am going to regret it, but I have to!!

    Sparkle Blue...glows in the DARK!!

    2012 Canfield Nimble 9 w/ Manitou Tower PRO - Buy and Sell and Review Mountain Bikes and Accessories

  13. #1788
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jkidd_39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    751

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!

    What?! What bike is next sir?!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  14. #1789
    mtbr member
    Reputation: rob1035's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    815
    Out of curiousity, I put a 135mm skewer into my front hub to check rear tire clearance. Not a scientific test at all, and I need to take a couple of pics, but I was pretty surprised. Gen 1 N9, sliders about 2/3 of the way forward, Velocity P35 + Maxxis Minion 2.5" tubeless, ~18psi. Fit fine, plenty of room to spare; and I don't mean just barely enough room for the tire to move....I'll take some pics ASAP. I guess it's not a huge surprise though, I ran an Ardent 2.4 on an Arch rim with the sliders completely slammed forward.

  15. #1790
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    116
    It helps that the 2.5" Minion is kinda undersized. It's closer to a 2.35" or 2.4".

  16. #1791
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    28

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!

    My Gen 1. Just added Chinese carbon rims.

  17. #1792
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    28

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!

    2nd angle

Page 72 of 72 FirstFirst ... 22 62 68 69 70 71 72

Similar Threads

  1. Jones steel diamond frame or Canfield Nimble 9
    By Clink in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
  2. Canfield Nimble 9?
    By Professor in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:17 AM
  3. Canfield One - building thread
    By jetmotor in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
  4. Canfield Bros Nimble Nine
    By Fly Rider in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 07:39 AM
  5. Canfield Nimble 9 29'er, get your pedal on!
    By pajak in forum Canfield
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •