Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 1835
  1. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    I gave up on waiting for a color matched fork. My quick shake down around the neighborhood, this bike feels awesome! I still need to clean up the brake cables, but will have to wait until i get a bleeding kit. That and I cannot dial-in the cockpit until I've got some runs on it.

    Can't wait for the weekend to hit the trails!


  2. #152
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    That came out awesome. Lovin' the blue details.

    I'm loving mine more and more with each ride. I'm sure you'll have the same results.

  3. #153
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,703
    OK, that looks really nice but have to ask....How tall are you and do you have a really long torso and short legs? Also what size frame is that? From just looking at how you have it setup now it looks like if you wanted the bars level or below the saddle that it'd be a royal PITA and you'd need to run a flipped 10 dgeree stem, maybe even needing to flip some rise bars.

    Quote Originally Posted by MyMilkExpired View Post
    I gave up on waiting for a color matched fork. My quick shake down around the neighborhood, this bike feels awesome! I still need to clean up the brake cables, but will have to wait until i get a bleeding kit. That and I cannot dial-in the cockpit until I've got some runs on it.

    Can't wait for the weekend to hit the trails!

    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  4. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    351
    hardcore running flats on a single speed...

  5. #155
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    OK, that looks really nice but have to ask....How tall are you and do you have a really long torso and short legs? Also what size frame is that? From just looking at how you have it setup now it looks like if you wanted the bars level or below the saddle that it'd be a royal PITA and you'd need to run a flipped 10 dgeree stem, maybe even needing to flip some rise bars.
    I'm 5'6", size S frame. I do realize that the bars are above the seat, I haven't trimmed in the cockpit yet. It will probably end up with the stem slammed down onto headset dust cap. For my riding style, the bars at or above the seat is fine.

    I also think I'll need to go with a offset post, I need just a smidge of offset. For now It'll be fine.
    Last edited by MyMilkExpired; 08-11-2011 at 09:40 AM.

  6. #156
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    341
    Hey MILK ! Loving that black niner fork on your N9 ...Flats are where its at SS !

  7. #157
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    64
    Here is another N9. I will post again when it is done.

  8. #158
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Sweet looking cross bike. I was hoping somebody would try this since the front end is so high.

  9. #159
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,703
    That would explain it then, had a feeling. Hope someone posts up an XL to see how they sized it up as compared to the SM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMilkExpired View Post
    I'm 5'6", size S frame. I do realize that the bars are above the seat, I haven't trimmed in the cockpit yet. It will probably end up with the stem slammed down onto headset dust cap. For my riding style, the bars at or above the seat is fine.

    I also think I'll need to go with a offset post, I need just a smidge of offset. For now It'll be fine.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  10. #160
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    That would explain it then, had a feeling. Hope someone posts up an XL to see how they sized it up as compared to the SM.
    At 5'8.5" with an inseam around 29-30", my medium also has its bars above the seat. It will be interesting to see if this is different on a large, and I don't believe there are any xl's right now.

  11. #161
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10
    ..............

  12. #162
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lumbee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,909
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    That would explain it then, had a feeling. Hope someone posts up an XL to see how they sized it up as compared to the SM.
    I don't think they make an XL. That said, I am 6'2" and from the geometry figures, I would be perfectly comfortable on a Large. I ride a Large Monkey right now.

  13. #163
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    11
    J.A.M., that is going to be killer!

  14. #164
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,238
    Quote Originally Posted by J.A.M. View Post
    Here is another N9. I will post again when it is done.
    Berry interesting...

    Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

  15. #165
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,703
    Also 6'2" with long inseam 35.25" and I could probably make a L work, but I'm done riding bikes I have to make work instead of being the size I want running the stem/bars I want. Right now I ride the XL/22" Monkey and I have to make it work as the ETT is similar to the N9. No rush right now, so we'll wait and see if they produce an XL and what happens with the Honzo - heard production was stopped for some reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1 View Post
    I don't think they make an XL. That said, I am 6'2" and from the geometry figures, I would be perfectly comfortable on a Large. I ride a Large Monkey right now.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  16. #166
    MTB B'dos
    Reputation: LyNx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17,703
    Just wanted to post this just in case no one else figured it out - I didn't know myself.

    I'm a Kona shill, so said the person who negged repped me Wow, I mean seriously, ask a few questions about a bike you're interested in and dare to make a comparison to another similar bike, maybe point out some features are better on one than the other and they call you a shill Guess they didn't read the Honzo thread then
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

  17. #167
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    351
    as much as i want the nimble.... its looking like the kona is going to be the winner for me... we will see though... keep the pictures coming this thread has some slick builds

  18. #168
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    Just wanted to post this just in case no one else figured it out - I didn't know myself.

    I'm a Kona shill, so said the person who negged repped me Wow, I mean seriously, ask a few questions about a bike you're interested in and dare to make a comparison to another similar bike, maybe point out some features are better on one than the other and they call you a shill Guess they didn't read the Honzo thread then
    I googled shill and this is the first one i got. WTF is a shill?

  19. #169
    the air is thin up here..
    Reputation: noot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    433
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    WTF is a shill?
    Not sure if you're serious or not...
    But if you are:
    Urban Dictionary: shill
    2012 Honzo SS
    2011 Trek Rig - SOLD
    2008 Fisher HiFi Deluxe - SOLD
    www.mngnt.com

  20. #170
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,136
    according to Canfields website:

    Two water bottle bosses for the epic long rides or night riding.

    This means it can hold 2 water bottle cages right? And is this feature available in all frame sizes?

  21. #171
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    351
    I only see one on the photos posted.

  22. #172
    Singlespeed Enduro Poser
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    according to Canfields website:

    Two water bottle bosses for the epic long rides or night riding.

    This means it can hold 2 water bottle cages right? And is this feature available in all frame sizes?
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowme17 View Post
    I only see one on the photos posted.

    Paging Canfield brothers!

    I just received my Nimble 9 today and built up and noticed that there is only 1 boss for 1 bottle cage!

  23. #173
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,238
    Only room for one on my medium.

    Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

  24. #174
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    according to Canfields website:

    Two water bottle bosses for the epic long rides or night riding.

    This means it can hold 2 water bottle cages right? And is this feature available in all frame sizes?
    Probably a design change along the way and they missed updating the website. No way a second cage could fit on the small...

  25. #175
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott forty G. View Post
    according to Canfields website:

    Two water bottle bosses for the epic long rides or night riding.

    This means it can hold 2 water bottle cages right? And is this feature available in all frame sizes?
    Each bottle cage has two bolts that mount into two water bottle bosses (nuts welded into the frame, if you will). You need four bosses to hold two bottle cages.

    I read the website copy as meaning you probably carry a hydro pack and the frame can carry a bottle as well for long rides, or carry a battery in the bottle cage for night riding.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 57 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jones steel diamond frame or Canfield Nimble 9
    By Clink in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 10:27 PM
  2. Canfield Nimble 9?
    By Professor in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 08:17 AM
  3. Canfield One - building thread
    By jetmotor in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 08:33 PM
  4. Canfield Bros Nimble Nine
    By Fly Rider in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 07:39 AM
  5. Canfield Nimble 9 29'er, get your pedal on!
    By pajak in forum Canfield
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •