Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1901
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I ordered the rims through my shop/sponsor. I had Shawnee Trail Bikes cerakoat them and the spokes. It did cost more, but the price wasn't bad for the overall quality. It's been raining up here in Maine quite a bit so no riding yet. Hopefully I can get out tomorrow after work.
    Awesome wheel set. Any chance of turning the bike over and getting a picture of the clearance between the tire and chainstays? Thanks..
    neg rep for contributing to thread deterioration and posting useless comment. - wadafuq.

www.fattiremassive.com

Gigantic Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by gulljammer View Post
    Awesome wheel set. Any chance of turning the bike over and getting a picture of the clearance between the tire and chainstays? Thanks..
    I thought about that when I put them on, but there was so much mud on the bb that I couldn't get a good pic. I'll clean it up a bit, and slam the dropouts forward to show off the clearance when I get a chance.

Ride On

Re: Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!

Version 2.0 of my gen 1 N9 in the works waiting for bits to install my new tower pro. New logos and Flatforce stem installed more pics to come. Still loving this ride!
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-uploadfromtaptalk1373083923159.jpg
    Michael

Ride on!

squish, squish in da fish

might as well whore 'er out here too

'13 N9
    mainly she's done, but i am waiting for a hope hub to replace the am classic up front. future buys are a saddle n dropper & new brakes. this frame looks and handles awesome. big thx to the bros.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dscn3092.jpg  

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dscn3094.jpg  

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dscn3095.jpg  

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by geraldooka View Post
    Version 2.0 of my gen 1 N9 in the works waiting for bits to install my new tower pro. New logos and Flatforce stem installed more pics to come. Still loving this ride!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373083923159.jpg 
Views:	461 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	813824
    Nice, where'd you get the logos?

Ride On
    Do it yourself lettering great quality for the price.

New Adamo seat now installed, still patiently waiting for the tower pro. I decided to keep the forks white which is why I altered the logos. Need some balance.

Loving the Flatforce stem! Still undecided on bar width a few close calls and excessive body english on the last ride are encouraging me to go down from 800 to about 740ish me thinks.

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-uploadfromtaptalk1373225359897.jpg
    Michael

Ride on!

looks good, especially when you get that tower on there. 740 are what i have my bars at and i couldn't go any bigger or the trees would eat me up left n right. are those ti seat rails? if not, it looks like they will bend to all hell

Ride On
    Thanks. They are Ti, the seat is that far rearward as I was in the middle of seat adjustments when I snapped the pic. Having said that the max line is much further forward than on my regular seats... The Adamos are a bit odd to fit. One sits much further forward than traditional seats, that and a complete lack of setback on the GD post makes it appear odd even at my current setting. Unfortunately Adamo designs their seats to accommodate racing rules which apparently have total seat length requirements... I'd prefer it if they simply lopped off all that extra in the rear.
    Michael

Ride on!

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    '13 N9
    mainly she's done, but i am waiting for a hope hub to replace the am classic up front. future buys are a saddle n dropper & new brakes. this frame looks and handles awesome. big thx to the bros.
    Red + Silver = AWESOME!

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

gerladooka, those seat do look funky but i bet they sure are comfy. yeah that setback sure looks scary, bet you could manual easy though.

flea, thanks. it took me a minute to decide red or blue but the choice was obvious. red's hot, especially for a sexy frame like this.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

mtbr member
    ...Still undecided on bar width a few close calls and excessive body english on the last ride are encouraging me to go down from 800 to about 740ish me thinks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1373225359897.jpg 
Views:	882 
Size:	89.9 KB 
ID:	814497
    i like wide bars, but was threading the needle at a decent pace between a rock wall and a boulder when the bar end tagged the wall. next thing i know, i got catapulted off trail and somehow both bike and i landed on a ledge about 6ft below the trail. i got super lucky, since i would have been cartwheeling down a pretty steep, rocky drop off if that ledge wasn't there to save me...

great job on your graphics too! if those are DIY decals, can you post link or PM me with DIY info? thanks!!!

Ride On

Yikes. I have had a few nasty bar clip accidents in the past as well... though nothing quite as painful as that sounds. I was on a ride with a fellow that clipped his bar on a tiny tree (the irony) and ended up splitting a log in half with his face.. oh man it was hard not to laugh at that one... I like them wide but there are physical limits.

Re graphics thanks, that's the actual name of the site. Doityourselflettering.com

I will be ordering another set from them for another bike. I also spent a few extra bucks and got the higher quality 3m material. They are great. The nimble 9 bit are separate letters that come ready to basically peel and stick.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Michael

Ride on!

Gigantic Hawk
    Finally got some time in on the new wheel set. Wow. These things are big. These seem a tad bit slower than my old set (Velocity Blunts with Bonty 29-4's) but roll nicely once up to speed. The rear HD is also slightly less grabby on rocks and roots than my old 29-4. I ran about 20-25 psi in both tires, and I think it was too much. These things had some serious bounce to them. It was quite fun on stair sets, and I gained a few inches on my bunny hop. It is still quite wet up here in Maine. These things floated over mud which isn't always a good thing. I took some pics of the rear tire's clearance, but it's hard to see the spacing. I'll have to work on getting better photos.

Crappy photos...

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-20130709_203139.jpg

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-20130709_203150.jpg

mtbr member

Blue Bomber SS Build

del... but can't figure out how to delete photos :/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-1.jpg  

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-2.jpg  

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-3.jpg  

mtbr member

Blue Bomber SS Build

Hello All!! First Post on this Forum!!!

I'm currently building a 2013 chrome nimble 9 as a ss and will be posting pictures as soon as the frame gets here!! as for now here are the pics of the wheels I picked up yesterday for the build!!

it's going to be Blue accent everything!!

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-1.jpg
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-2.jpg
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-photo-3.jpg
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-frame2.jpg
    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-frame1.jpg

blue was my 2nd choice. can't wait to see 'er

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    blue was my 2nd choice. can't wait to see 'er
    Thanks!! I actually have your bike ( @fishwrinkle ) as my iphone background because I thought it was so well done!! mine will be the same but blue so I stair at yours and imagine the red bits blue

lol thanks, i'm glad you like it cuz i sure do. i have a red pro 2 sitting here but cant bring myself to destroy a mike curiak lacing, just to get an inferior LBS lace. although i am in the market for new wheels as i keep blowing through velocity rims on the rear. all 3 velocity blunt style rims are blown out for a rear wheel. thats another story, but i can't wait to see your bike.

Ride On

Version 2.0 of 2012 N9 Done... For now ;)

Ok maybe not completely. On a mission for lighter wheels now, the Canfield and Sun Ringle wheels I have both sport hefty rims at about 550grams each looking at the Stans Crest at 340grams thats nearly .5lb each in weight!!! As it stands she's a hair under 27.5lbs now. My seat and bar height is also now nearly even!

Changes:

-Manitou Tower Pro Forks
    -Syntace Flatforce Stem 55mm
    -BlackSpire 808 (cut to 740mm) these replaced my Syntace Flatrider (which actually have a 5mm rise, the 808's are truly 0 rise) The Syntace bar is excellent quality but the 12 degree sweep was just too much. The 808's have very little sweep guessing 5 degree or so, stretches the cockpit out nicely.
    -Ikon Tires
    -Canfield wheels
    -New logos!

Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-1.jpg
    Michael

Ride on!

MTB B'dos
    If you ride rough, chunky stuff I'd forget about the Crest and stick to the tried and true either ArchEX or FlowEX, especially if you weigh anywhere close to 190lbs, but if you're a weight weenie that only how heavy matters and not how true, then go right ahead. Bike looks really sweet BTW Did you buy the 2nd Manitou fork as a backup then so no down time if anything happens to this one?

Ok maybe not completely. On a mission for lighter wheels now, the Canfield and Sun Ringle wheels I have both sport hefty rims at about 550grams each looking at the Stans Crest at 340grams thats nearly .5lb each in weight!!! As it stands she's a hair under 27.5lbs now. My seat and bar height is also now nearly even!

Changes:

-Manitou Tower Pro Forks
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??
    MTB Barbados
    My Phantom pics

geraldooka, she looks good & i also love my bars. i really would like to have tested your seat this wkend, as i did a ass chapping trail in MI called high country pathway. i commend you on the weight as mine is a hefty 30.5#'s & weighted down to a whopping 62 LBS flat for that trip. i'm in the market for wheels, is it much too soon to ask how you like them as a rear. i'm going to build up a rabbit hole and a knard spun on a voodoo 500 fork with jones loop bars for packing the trails.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-img_0755.jpg  

Ride On

@Lynx - Thanks. No, if I was that into light weight I'd be on a different bike altogether though there is a limit for me. Lighter bikes are more fun for me easier to hop, manual etc... Too bad about the Crests, I would rank the Canfield and Sun rims as equivalent to the Flows. The arches look like the next best thing then, still shave about 1/4lb per rim which is not bad at all especially for rolling weight. I only weigh about 160ish. There is a lot of chunk here and much of it is just unavoidable to get to the trails. Re Manitou no that is the only one I got. I still have the previous Marz 44 that I will likely keep as back up though.

@fishwrinkle - I commend YOU for hoofing 62lbs down an "ass chapping" trail!

Re rear I'm not sure what your referring too. If it's the seat I'm still undecided... it's not uncomfortable just not sure it's $150 better than my old Specialized. If you mean the Canfield wheels they are quite good, quiet freewheel, sturdy, about the same weight as the Stans Flows and Gorilla Tape ghetto tubeless without a hitch. They were a steal at the deal Sean sold them to me, that helps!

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
    Michael

Ride on!

thanks geraldooka, i was referring to the rear wheel, but good to know about the seat.

Page 64 of 77 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 ... LastLast