Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 1830
    mtbr member
    Wrote up a little review of my Nimble 9 this morning

Scfreak's life of Family and Riding

Gigantic Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post
    Thanks Dub! See you at SSAP 2013??
    Definitely. A handful of us will be there from Maine. My Nimble is getting a fresh rebuild this winter. I'll post up pics as it happens.

I have these waiting to be built up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-65121_10200092705979299_2019166688_n.jpg  

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrousjunky View Post
    Yep good clearance, but they never should have called that a 2.55 tire either though.
    True that!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by wv_bob View Post
    I had that same idea but read in some post that it wouldn;t work. What did you do to fix it?

Right now I've got an outer bash and one of these that I'm trying to get installed.

When I gave up last night, it was rubbing the chain in low gear so I tried another spacer and that jammed the crank up when I torqued the arms down. Back to the drawing board.
    I just took it off. Gonna run it as an SS so with proper alignment and tension I'm hoping not to address it again.

human dehumidifier
    I didn't have any problems with mine as a SS and only an outer bash so you should be good to go. I just wanted to give a 1x9 a shot more for the higher gears than for the lower ones ... any hill I can't get up with a 32x22 I'm not going to get up with a lower gear either.

I got the Hope keeper installed. This time I followed the instructions to the letter, even using a square and level to make sure I lined it up to the BB as per Hope. No rubbing at all. It's raining cats and dogs so may be no test ride for a week, this is what it looks like though:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dscn1034.jpg  

NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    I didn't have any problems with mine as a SS and only an outer bash so you should be good to go. I just wanted to give a 1x9 a shot more for the higher gears than for the lower ones ... any hill I can't get up with a 32x22 I'm not going to get up with a lower gear either.

I got the Hope keeper installed. This time I followed the instructions to the letter, even using a square and level to make sure I lined it up to the BB as per Hope. No rubbing at all. It's raining cats and dogs so may be no test ride for a week, this is what it looks like though:
    Holy Sh*t, I don't think I've seen a Hurst sticker since the early 90's!

human dehumidifier
    Holy Sh*t, I don't think I've seen a Hurst sticker since the early 90's!
    You say that like it was a long time ago ... and now I feel really old
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

mtbr member
    What is the car in the background?
    Last edited by tdee; 12-09-2012 at 06:52 AM.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

mtbr member
    Call Sean at Canfield. He usually answers the phone. I spoke to him regarding sizing and he was happy to answer my questions.
    Sean is a great guy, I've been emailing him the past week and he was really helpful with my questions. He is the main reason I'll be ordering a 2013 N9 instead of buying used. I also hear good things coming for the N9. Com on may!

Terry
    Last edited by tdee; 12-09-2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Dropbar SS Mamasita
    XTC Composite 29
    CruX
    Anthem X 29
    Unknown trials bike

human dehumidifier
    Quote Originally Posted by tdee View Post
    What is the car in the background?
    69 road runner

mtbr member
    69 road runner
    I'm a Mopar man myself. 2009 300C AWD with CAI and a Diablo 93 tune. Love to have a romp in a 69 Road Runner though!

mtbr member
    So what works best? 29.8 or 30.0 Seatpost clamp? Gotta pick one up.

I'm with stupid
    I have a 30.0 and it works just fine. So go whichever you want and can find easier.

29er
    Apr 2010
    i would go with smaller, too big could prevent it from clamping properly. and each manufacturer is going to have different tolerances
    i had an extra 29.6 laying around and it works

human dehumidifier
    I've had some slipping with a generic 30.0 bolt on. Went to a Hope thinking I'd get better clamping force but it's a 30.0 also. Waiting on a change in the weather to see if it helps. At least it's a QR so if the post slips I can raise it back up when needed..

hispanic mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by tdee View Post
    Sean is a great guy, I've been emailing him the past week and he was really helpful with my questions. He is the main reason I'll be ordering a 2013 N9 instead of buying used. I also hear good things coming for the N9. Com on may!

Terry
    Indeed, the entire (what is it, like 4 guys?!?) Canfield crew are top-notch.
    It's been a year and a half since I started this thread (1389 replies, and 183,188 views! ) and every time I ride my N9, I still get a smile on my face. It just does everything I ask of it, with no surprises.
    Definitely one of the best purchases I've ever made.

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I have 30.0 salsa and it is working fine so far

Gigantic Hawk
    So what works best? 29.8 or 30.0 Seatpost clamp? Gotta pick one up.
    I had a 30.0 IRD Tailfin qr at first. Could never get it to work smoothly. It would bind up, and never be tight enough. I have a 29.8 Thomson collar now, and the thing fits like a glove.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I had a 30.0 IRD Tailfin qr at first. Could never get it to work smoothly. It would bind up, and never be tight enough. I have a 29.8 Thomson collar now, and the thing fits like a glove.
    Ordered the Thomson 29.8 last night!

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Noticed in some of the pics of the bare frame, with the big Canfield label removed. So it's just a sticker over the clearcoat? Typically, the label is under the clearcoat.

human dehumidifier
    Yeah you could pick the decals right off the frame if you wanted to. IMO being able to peel them off is a benefit, not a problem. (They're ugly.) Mine sure seem to be stuck pretty darned good though. Can't imagine them coming off by themselves.

I thought of having some pinstriping done on mine that incorporates the Canfield skull logo, but to do that I'd have to tear my bike down and ship it off for a week or more. That's not going to happen.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Yeah you could pick the decals right off the frame if you wanted to. IMO being able to peel them off is a benefit, not a problem. (They're ugly.) Mine sure seem to be stuck pretty darned good though. Can't imagine them coming off by themselves.

I thought of having some pinstriping done on mine that incorporates the Canfield skull logo, but to do that I'd have to tear my bike down and ship it off for a week or more. That's not going to happen.
    Thanks! Yep, i can see the benefit, but was concerned that if they're left on, that they'd start to peel away at the edges. I haven't seen one in person, but from some of the white frame pics, they look good to me.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Anyone considering letting go of a small or know of any deals? Guess for the most part, they're only sold directly from Canfield? Seems like a great complement to my Jabber to change things up once in a while.

29er
    Apr 2010
    Last edited by Dan GSR; 12-23-2012 at 12:03 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by goldenaustin View Post
    Thanks! Yep, i can see the benefit, but was concerned that if they're left on, that they'd start to peel away at the edges. I haven't seen one in person, but from some of the white frame pics, they look good to me.
    Canfield provides a sheet of various stickers with each frame. There are multiple copies of each version allowing you to mix and match or replace stickers. Some of these went on my bike rack but I've still got plenty left in case the ones that came on the frame get damaged.

Page 56 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6 46 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 66 ... LastLast