Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,375 of 1849
    Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by seat_boy View Post
    If I could ask a favor, could anyone with an XL N9 measure their top tube and down tube diameters for me? I'm trying to get a ballpark stiffness feel for this bike, since they're pretty rare around these parts. I'm a little worried it will be too rigid for my supple steel loving self.

Thanks,

Eric
    Eric,
    I'm running a rigid steel fork and it's not "too" stiff. Besides, I think that is butted tubing, so measuring the outside diameters will only give you half the info you need.
    Generally the Honzo is stiffer while a Niner MCR/SIR is less stiff. Not sure where other frames fall on the spectrum of stiffness, but the N9 is probably just above average for higher-end steel frames. Hopefully that helps compare to bikes that you know.

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Reel Purdy Bike! I doubt they'd make one with vertical dropout but I'd like to see one with swapable dropouts to cater for gears!

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea@Dimbola View Post
    Reel Purdy Bike! I doubt they'd make one with vertical dropout but I'd like to see one with swapable dropouts to cater for gears!
    They do.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    I moved back to Ohio 2 years ago and finally succumbed to building a hardtail that would suit the (lack of) terrain around here. Did a lot of research and the Nimble 9 ticked the most boxes. What a good choice - I love the short stays, not-too-harsh-ride, and quick handling of this thing.

This is my first ever hardtail, so it's taking a little while to adjust my technique to smooth out the rough stuff...I'm used to a rear damper handling that job while my legs are just powering up the technical climbs.

Wanted to make it a little special so I did the custom graphics...Aspen trunks for fork legs and Aspen leaves around the headtube. Hey, you can always dream your out West...

Nimble_9_0003 by a.r.neumann, on Flickr

N9 Front by a.r.neumann, on Flickr

Nimble_9_0006 by a.r.neumann, on Flickr

Since I took these pictures I've added a Bling Ring and some chunkier tires for the winter months...Vredestein Black Panther Extremes. With a name like that, you know they kick @ss.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Awesome bike man! I love the graphics. Great job on the build.

hispanic mechanic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dovetrue View Post
    Awesome bike man! I love the graphics. Great job on the build.
    Agreed! Nice customization, Pslide!

Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

Professional Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pslide View Post

Wanted to make it a little special so I did the custom graphics...Aspen trunks for fork legs and Aspen leaves around the headtube. ...
    NICE!
    (and original)

-F
    It's never easier - you just go faster.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Cheers guys. Hardest part is not being able to ride it due to crappy weather this time of year...

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Cheers guys. Hardest part is not being able to ride it due to crappy weather this time of year...
    Nice graphics! They should hire you to replace their ugly cheap looking tacky stickers.

mtbr member
    That's definitely the nicest looking N9 I've seen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    Nice graphics! They should hire you to replace their ugly cheap looking tacky stickers.
    Thanks. I actually did the graphics for the original Banshee Legend Mk2. I knew Keith and sent him some designs just for fun and they went with it. I wanted something a bit more classic for the Nimble 9 though. I used wet transfer decals and then clear coated them with Spraymax 2k. Not perfect but not bad for a garage job, and seems like it will last.

(Sorry for non-nimble-9 content!)

mtbr member
    May 2009

killin' me

You guys are killing me with all these great builds. I've been shopping around for a used XL but no luck. Was 2012 the first year of the XL? It looks like there are still 3 XL's available on their website, maybe I should go new or wait for the updated 2013's?
    Anyone selling?

From their website
    "We are gearing up for our 2013 production. ETA on the new frame is mid Spring. Email us for more information."

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TBMD9er View Post
    You guys are killing me with all these great builds. I've been shopping around for a used XL but no luck. Was 2012 the first year of the XL? It looks like there are still 3 XL's available on their website, maybe I should go new or wait for the updated 2013's?
    Anyone selling?

From their website
    "We are gearing up for our 2013 production. ETA on the new frame is mid Spring. Email us for more information."
    Just got my Purple XL tonight! Wanted Orange but they were all gone!

mtbr member
    I like the purple!

bottom dweller
    Apr 2007
    NICE LOOKING NIMBLE!!!

have you considered making it SS and riding it in the crappy weather?

mine's a dedicated SS and I love it. Ride it all winter and don't worry about messing it up.

Cheers!
    "What's the use of a fine house if you haven't got a tolerable planet to put it on?" ~Thoreau

mtbr member
    May 2009

So that is were the purple one went

[QUOTE=SeaBass_;9945614]Just got my Purple XL tonight! Wanted Orange but they were all gone!

I've been watching their inventory for a while and they had 4 XL's left, 2 purple, 2 bone white, but now they are down to 3.
    SeaBass, what are your dimensions? I saw a couple of used larges, but I think I really need an XL, especially with the slack HT angle and if I want to go with the shorter stem trend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by unezridr View Post
    NICE LOOKING NIMBLE!!!

have you considered making it SS and riding it in the crappy weather?

mine's a dedicated SS and I love it. Ride it all winter and don't worry about messing it up.

Cheers!
    Thanks man!

I like the idea of SS, and my buddy is running his N9 single, but I don't think I have the legs for some of the hillier rides around here. I don't get out often enough to stay in SS shape. So I went 1x10 with a 30T in front and 11x36 in the rear. I feel it's a bit more versatile, pretty happy with it.

PS - It's not the bike I'm worried about riding in the winter, it's trashing the trails...

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=TBMD9er;9947504]
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass_ View Post

I've been watching their inventory for a while and they had 4 XL's left, 2 purple, 2 bone white, but now they are down to 3.
    SeaBass, what are your dimensions? I saw a couple of used larges, but I think I really need an XL, especially with the slack HT angle and if I want to go with the shorter stem trend.

I'm 6'2 with a 34" inseam and long arms. I'll be running a 100mm fork with a 70mm stem to start on the XL frame. Straight Al seatpost for now as well so I can see if I need setback before I drop coin on a Ti post. Call Sean at Canfield. He usually answers the phone. I spoke to him regarding sizing and he was happy to answer my questions.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    If it helps, I'm 6'3", have the XL frame, and started with 70 mm stem and straight seat post and ended up swapping to a 90 mm stem to get the cockpit to feel right.

Was kinda bummed because I liked how the 70 mm stem handled.

In my opinion the XL frame is a little short in TT length.

Gigantic Hawk
    Congrats on the frame. Purple looks bad ass.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    Congrats on the frame. Purple looks bad ass.
    Thanks Dub! See you at SSAP 2013??

mtbr member
    2 coats of frame saver and I was ready to check some clearances. Found out the BBG Bashwich wouldn't work because the inner bash would hit the stay. Fixed that and then mounted the rear wheel to see if the WWLT 2.55 would fit:

No Problemo!
    I'm really surprised how short the stays are!

Waiting on some parts and I can proceed.

mtbr member
    That's crazy fitment for a 2.55 tire!

WNC Native
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    That's crazy fitment for a 2.55 tire!
    Yep good clearance, but they never should have called that a 2.55 tire either though.
    "I ride to clear my head, my head is clearer when I'm riding SS. Therefore, I choose to ride SS."~ Fullrange Drew

human dehumidifier
    Found out the BBG Bashwich wouldn't work because the inner bash would hit the stay.Fixed that ...
    I had that same idea but read in some post that it wouldn;t work. What did you do to fix it?

Right now I've got an outer bash and one of these that I'm trying to get installed.

When I gave up last night, it was rubbing the chain in low gear so I tried another spacer and that jammed the crank up when I torqued the arms down. Back to the drawing board.
    NFL will punish America for its sins with Katy Perry as the Super Bowl halftime show.

Page 55 of 74 FirstFirst ... 5 45 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 65 ... LastLast