Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041
Results 2,001 to 2,007 of 2007
    mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    I am a long time fan of rigid forks on bikes. I ran my gen 1 N9 rigid, and then my replacement gen 2 the same way. Both had Niner carbon forks, and were great bikes. Now that I have put a DVO Diamond on the bike, the whole bike has come alive. This bike is truly designed for a big fork. If you have only ridden yours with a rigid fork, you owe it to yourself to try it with a big fork on the front. Manuals and wheelies are easier, less pedal strikes, carves corners better, etc.
    While I agree that big 130mm+ sus forks make the N9 awesome, I don't think it is just because of the suspension. I also love rigid forks, but the problem is that there is almost nothing with an A-C above 470mm. I really wish there was a 500-520mm rigid fork because it would solve the issues of pedal strikes, manualing and head tube angle.

Gigantic Hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by braaapbraaap View Post
    While I agree that big 130mm+ sus forks make the N9 awesome, I don't think it is just because of the suspension. I also love rigid forks, but the problem is that there is almost nothing with an A-C above 470mm. I really wish there was a 500-520mm rigid fork because it would solve the issues of pedal strikes, manualing and head tube angle.
    Indeed.
    Gigantic Hawk
    gigantic-hawk.com

squish, squish in da fish
    love the bike/color scheme, dub . i too agree on the a/c issue of rigid forks. i run a zombie 500 usually in the winter, but a 9mm axle won't cut it for me during the real riding season. custom i suppose is the only answer, even though i keep hoping someone would produce a robust tall fork to run up to 3" meats

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by fishwrinkle View Post
    love the bike/color scheme, dub . i too agree on the a/c issue of rigid forks. i run a zombie 500 usually in the winter, but a 9mm axle won't cut it for me during the real riding season. custom i suppose is the only answer, even though i keep hoping someone would produce a robust tall fork to run up to 3" meats
    I have been wondering if there is no such on the market because there is just not enough interest or whether it is due to strength concerns - maybe a long rigid fork that does not compress under load would put too much stress on the headtube (especially for slack HT angles). Either way, it has been so difficult to find (even custom over 500mm that isn't $$$$) that I have thought about learning to weld haha

Gigantic Hawk
    I think the answer would be a custom ti fork like the ones from Black Sheep. You could get the a2c height right and a bit of vibration dampening.
    Gigantic Hawk
    gigantic-hawk.com

squish, squish in da fish
    yeah a ti truss would be sweet, but at $1500. i think 510-520mm with a tapered bottom cup, adding ~10mm would be the sweet spot for me.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    Hope this is Koser.

Just dropped the price of this beauty. Need to get ride of it as bills are pilling up

2016 Canfield Nimble 9 PRICE DROP - Buy and Sell Mountain Bikes and Accessories
    "Yep, Redding sucks alright, just way less than you think." - Fiskare

Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 313738394041