Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 1851
  1. #76
    hispanic mechanic
    Reputation: sslos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,248
    Quote Originally Posted by pingleseed View Post
    Speaking of front, what length is your Fox set to? 100 or 120? The reason I ask, I am considering the Marz fork on chainlove and it does not go down to 100 and I am wondering if that is what I might prefer in the long run. I am a more trialsy XC guy than a DHer..

    Also, do you run 180 cranks and might that be a reason for heel hits on the stays?
    My fork is actually still at 80mm (or 65mm, if you know Fox...) but I'll be converting it to 100mm as soon as we get back to San Antonio.
    I think the Canfields are fans of the 'Zocchs, and the frames definitely set up to be able to run 120mm easily.
    I am using the same 170mm cranks I've used for years.

    Los
    "Shut up body and do what I tell you."
    Jens Voight

    http://teamjva.com/jens-voigt-soundboard/

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by sslos View Post
    My fork is actually still at 80mm (or 65mm, if you know Fox...) but I'll be converting it to 100mm as soon as we get back to San Antonio.
    I think the Canfields are fans of the 'Zocchs, and the frames definitely set up to be able to run 120mm easily.
    I am using the same 170mm cranks I've used for years.

    Los
    Thanks! Ouch on your travel sets..! I run 175 now and am considering 180's...

    Cheers!!

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    344
    Nice Los ! Looks like you have are getting pretty comfortable on the bike now. If your ever in the Tetons, stop by. The frame really wasn't designed for 180mm cranks, thats why clearance may be tight for some. Some nice looking builds out there.....


  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    193
    better pics coming soon



  5. #80
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    You guys suck!!! I want my f%@#*ing fork

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    351
    looks sick with the lefty

  7. #82
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by MyMilkExpired View Post
    You guys suck!!! I want my f%@#*ing fork
    If it makes you feel any better, my E13 bb has blown bearings. The whole bike is built up, but now I have to try to make my old Stylo crank work since there is enough play to rub my chainstays.

    Other notes of interest.
    -I wouldn't feel comfortable running 180's on this bike. 175's are very close to the chainstays.
    -My current build weighs in at 24#.
    -The riding position with a Niner carbon fork is excellent.

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    351
    Quote Originally Posted by dubthang View Post
    If it makes you feel any better, my E13 bb has blown bearings. The whole bike is built up, but now I have to try to make my old Stylo crank work since there is enough play to rub my chainstays.

    Other notes of interest.
    -I wouldn't feel comfortable running 180's on this bike. 175's are very close to the chainstays.
    -My current build weighs in at 24#.
    -The riding position with a Niner carbon fork is excellent.
    how long have you had your e-13 bb?
    can you get a picture of how close the cranks are?
    how long of a stem?

  9. #84
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowme17 View Post
    how long have you had your e-13 bb?
    can you get a picture of how close the cranks are?
    how long of a stem?
    I've had an E13 crankset for about 6 months, but only have a couple hundred miles on them. They don't really take the water and mud abuse that New England dishes out very well. I still not sure if this is the crank that should even be on this frame due to spacing concerns.

    I'm running a 100mm stem right now. My last bike had a 70mm, but I lost about an inch of ett, so I compensated with stem length. The fit is quite nice.

    I'll try to get pics up asap. I'm at work now, and have a race to get ready for.

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    175's Pictured here.


  11. #86
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Nice pedals.

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    83

    fat front

    I'm starting to build up my medium. Enabler fork with Larry 3.8 on 47mm Trialtech rim. The b.b. height looks like 11.5" with this setup. 70 degree head angle setup like this. In the back I have a 2.4" Racing Ralph, good clearance despite slammed forward dropouts.

    Can't wait to ride it! Hopefully this weekend.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-3.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-1.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-2.jpg  


  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    Wow absolutely wicked!

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    171
    Here is my Large Nimble 9. I originaly had a Voodoo Zombie fork on it (470mm) and just switched to the Zombie 500mm.
    The BB was too low for me; alot of pedal and foot strikes on rocke etc.
    Other than that, my Yelli and now Nimble are AWESOME!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dsc00598.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dsc00601.jpg  


  15. #90
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    The gf took some pics earlier. This shortly before I dialed it all in. The cranks have been swapped out for a set of Stylos for now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dsc_0121.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dsc_0138.jpg  

    Canfield Nimble 9 build thread!-dsc_0150.jpg  


  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    193
    LOL dude I had no idea who you were, but look at the banner of my personal website, wheels look familiar?
    http://gtluke.com/

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    193
    Hopefully I get a shot this good of you on Sunday on the Canfield!


  18. #93
    Gigantic Hawk
    Reputation: dubthang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by gtluke View Post
    LOL dude I had no idea who you were, but look at the banner of my personal website, wheels look familiar?
    http://gtluke.com/
    That's too funny. My gf was looking at your site earlier, and she didn't even notice. I'll be sure to create some more photo worthy moments for you this Sunday.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Lumbee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,909
    Please tell me that 180mm crankarms will fit the Nimble 9. Please...

    This is turning out to be the perfect frame I have been looking for; electric blue, super short chainstays, sliding dropouts, and the ability to tuck a 2.4 Ardent with room to spare.

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1 View Post
    Please tell me that 180mm crankarms will fit the Nimble 9. Please...

    This is turning out to be the perfect frame I have been looking for; electric blue, super short chainstays, sliding dropouts, and the ability to tuck a 2.4 Ardent with room to spare.
    You can see above where I posted the clearance for 175's. On the drive side you'll notice I already have one spacer in place to clear the chainring. You'd probably need to have two spacers drive side and one spacer non-drive to give clearance at the stay for the crank arm.

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation: JoshM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    448
    Quote Originally Posted by osty View Post
    Here is my Large Nimble 9. I originaly had a Voodoo Zombie fork on it (470mm) and just switched to the Zombie 500mm.
    The BB was too low for me; alot of pedal and foot strikes on rocke etc.
    Other than that, my Yelli and now Nimble are AWESOME!

    What fork travel is on that yelli? Looks awsome! Nice nimble too

  22. #97
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,710
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1 View Post
    Please tell me that 180mm crankarms will fit the Nimble 9. Please...

    This is turning out to be the perfect frame I have been looking for; electric blue, super short chainstays, sliding dropouts, and the ability to tuck a 2.4 Ardent with room to spare.
    175mm to 180mm is 0.196850394 inches.......

    Quote Originally Posted by MyMilkExpired View Post
    You can see above where I posted the clearance for 175's. On the drive side you'll notice I already have one spacer in place to clear the chainring. You'd probably need to have two spacers drive side and one spacer non-drive to give clearance at the stay for the crank arm.
    Slighlty more than 1/8" and less than 1/4" additional length. Do you really think two spacers would be needed? It looks like there is that much room, from your photo.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MyMilkExpired's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    175mm to 180mm is 0.196850394 inches.......



    Slighlty more than 1/8" and less than 1/4" additional length. Do you really think two spacers would be needed? It looks like there is that much room, from your photo.
    Looks like it may work with just the single spacer but it will be pretty close.


  24. #99
    FKA Malibu412
    Reputation: Glide the Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,401
    Love the N9. Great builds, BTW. I wish the bros would build a frame size suitable for 6 and a half footers+ like me. It would then be on my very short list of frames to consider for my next SS build.
    "I love the bike. It's my meditation. I think I'm bike-sexual." -Robin Williams

  25. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    193
    your frame would be on my very tall list

Page 4 of 75 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Jones steel diamond frame or Canfield Nimble 9
    By Clink in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 11-02-2012, 11:27 PM
  2. Canfield Nimble 9?
    By Professor in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 254
    Last Post: 09-23-2011, 09:17 AM
  3. Canfield One - building thread
    By jetmotor in forum All Mountain
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 06-23-2010, 09:33 PM
  4. Canfield Bros Nimble Nine
    By Fly Rider in forum 29er Bikes
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-24-2010, 08:39 AM
  5. Canfield Nimble 9 29'er, get your pedal on!
    By pajak in forum Canfield
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-17-2009, 07:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •