mtbr member
    May 2004

Cane Creek Zonos disc 29 SS

Anyone have any experience with this wheelset?I came across a pretty good deal on this set of wheels but would like to get some feedback from anyone who has used them.I weigh 180 geared up and am looking for a SS wheelset that will be reasonably light,spin up fast with quick engagement.I can't find too many reviews on these so I would really apprecciate any opinions you might have.Thanks

I don't huck.
    Jun 2005
    I don't have any personal experience, but I was eyeing some on eBay a while back and all the searching I did came back with glowing reviews. The owners/riders seemed to be really happy with them and stated they "spun up really fast", etc.

Not much help, I know, but there ya go.
    Blog Ramblings
    West Coast writer for twentynineinches.com

Surfing trails
    I have 2 sets of Cane Creek Zonos Disc Team wheels (26") with Sapim CX-Ray spokes that I ride almost every day. One set is on a hardtail commuter and the other is on a full suspension trail bike that I just built up. I am 220 lbs. in my riding gear and I couldn't be happier with them and the only wheels I would consider replacing them with would be Industry Nine All Mountains. The Zonos are very reliable and a nice hand built wheelset. I've never tried the 29" version but a few of my customers have and they love them. For the money, you can't beat Cane Creek's hand built wheels. Let me know if your deal doesn't go through - I currently have a pair of those SS 29er's on order with Cane Creek and you can have them if you like.