mtbr member
    Mar 2009

candy c's on monocog flight stock fsa cranks

HHmmm I bought a set of Candy C's for my Redline Monocog flight. Tried to put them on today and, i dont think they will fit. tried many times to thread and just doesnt catch right. I dont want to crank down on them and end up cross threaded.

Any insight?

Thanks,
    newb

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    yeah try each pedal on each crankarm and rotate in different directions becasue some pedals are threaded for a certain crank motion which in turn is a certain arm in a certain direction
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    makes sense to me I will try it out

Thanks

mtbr member
    The right side pedal has a right hand thread (removes counterclockwise, installs clockwise). The left side pedal has a left hand thread (removes clockwise, installs counterclockwise). Some pedals are stamped "L" and "R" for left and right.

offroader
    Dec 2008
    The right side pedal should fit the right side crank normal threading. The left side is counter clock wise.

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    and i know that this is sorta jackin your thread but I am looking into that pedal and if you could tell me the model and where you picked it up for the price that would be steller (I'm trying to bring back this old word that no one seems to use )
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

4 Niners
    Dec 2008
    Easy pedal memory trick. Pedals always tighten toward the front of the bike and loosen toward the rear. This assumes the wrench is traveling over the top.

808+909 = Party Good Time
    I have Candy C's and from memory the right pedal has two tiny marks on the top and the left has one or maybe now marks.

Recovering Weight Weenie
    Are these the 29er specific Candy's?

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    lol

M_S
    mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Yeah, the 29er candies have a larger platform and cast iron spindle to account for fat-ass 29er riders.

fool goin up, joker down
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by M_S
    Yeah, the 29er candies have a larger platform and cast iron spindle to account for fat-ass 29er riders.
    so true my friend
    Mamma speed I'm back!!!

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I am usually tad bit sharper on mechanical items. Thanks for the help guys. When I was originally trying to put them on I looked at threads and followed which way it should go, but as you all pointed out they are L and R dependent and can only thread on the correct side.