mtbr member
    Oct 2012

Build quality - Soma Juice vs. Felt Nine 60

Contemplating a move to a different frame.....my new Felt is too small. Is the build quality different across manufacturers like Felt and Soma given that one is steel and one is aluminum? I can pick up a Juice for $450 but I dont think my week old RS SID XX fork will work on it...I guess I could sell it and get the right one but for the purposes of this thread how does the build quality compare?

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Anyone?

mtbr member

I know nothing about the Felt but...

Quote Originally Posted by ddublu View Post
    Anyone?
    can vouch for the Soma. Its not custom quality, but its good for the money. The ride is even better. You will be hard pressed to find a smoother riding, better handling frame in its price range. Unless you prefer slack angles and relaxed handling. If that's your style, then the Soma is not for you.
    EAST COAST
    CLYDESDALE
    DREADLOCKED
    STEEL RIDER

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I know steel is supposed to be a cushier ride but the Soma is a good bike and i love the looks of it. Dont know enough about how bikes are built to know if Felt's product is something that will hold up in the long run or if im making way too much out of this. Wondering if just going up a size would be the smart thing to do so I wouldn't have to recreate the wheel with fit/parts/etc.

mtbr member
    If you do decide to get a Juice you can save a few bucks here:Soma Fabrications Juice XC 29er Bicycle Frame.

I got mine quick, with no issues.

Been riding the Juice for about 4 months now SS and love it. I swear that paint glows in the dark.

Jeff

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by azbeersnob View Post
    If you do decide to get a Juice you can save a few bucks here:Soma Fabrications Juice XC 29er Bicycle Frame.

I got mine quick, with no issues.

Been riding the Juice for about 4 months now SS and love it. I swear that paint glows in the dark.

Jeff
    They only have a medium and XXL left or I would have already ordered. Trying to decide what to do at this point. Ill be at my lbs at open tomorrow. Thanks.