Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I was just there 3 weeks ago... the Supercell held it's own.Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-crested-butte.jpg

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    I was just there 3 weeks ago... the Supercell held it's own.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crested butte.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	133.2 KB 
ID:	1152236
    Glad to hear.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Anyone running a longer travel front fork? If so, how do you like it? I am thinking about upgrading the xfusion and I am considering going to a 140-150mm. Thinking that would get me a degree or two more head angle and make the steep down hills better. Any negatives to going this direction?

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
    Anyone running a longer travel front fork? If so, how do you like it? I am thinking about upgrading the xfusion and I am considering going to a 140-150mm. Thinking that would get me a degree or two more head angle and make the steep down hills better. Any negatives to going this direction?
    I've been thinking about going the same route. I don't think the Xfusion likes 240lbs beating the crud out of them on a repeated basis. I'd love to get some thoughts on this.

mtbr member
    I was 238 pounds when I started out on my Breezer now I'm 198 and it does write a whole lot better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Well, I am giving it a go to see. I am going to get a new rear shock too. So, we will see what happens. I don't totally need more travel up front but worth a try. Just need to find a good deal now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Insaneduane View Post
    I was 238 pounds when I started out on my Breezer now I'm 198 and it does write a whole lot better.

My weight was actually a big factor in me purchasing the bike. Most people said the Breezer was stout and the price sealed the deal. If I can loose 30 lbs all the better.

mtbr member
    I thought about upgrading the suspension but the more weight I lost the better it got my goal is to be 180 again I suspect the bike will be just fine

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by debo75 View Post
    I've been thinking about going the same route. I don't think the Xfusion likes 240lbs beating the crud out of them on a repeated basis. I'd love to get some thoughts on this.
    I've been using this fork on a Breezer Lightning for over two years and I weigh about 260 all kitted up. I did put 15cc of fork oil into the air chamber to get a more progressive ride as well as lower the air pressure required. I run the fork with about 30% sag. I have been extremely happy with this fork and everyone who has ridden my bike have been impressed with it.
    Change begins by doing something different.

mtbr member
    Subbed. Let us know how it rides. I was actually thinking of converting mine to 27.5. Geometry #ís are pretty much similar to Repack with the exception of chainstay. If 150mm or even 160mm fork works, I might keep it a 29er.

mtbr member
    Has anyone adjusted the travel of their X-Fusion fork on the Expert model? The video below says all RL2 forks which include the Slide for the Expert can be adjusted up to 160mm. Let me know how it works for you.

http://youtu.be/2wbTc-QwA2w">http://youtu.be/2wbTc-QwA2w" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

mtbr member
    I have the x-fusion fork on my expert and it only goes to 120 100 to 120

mtbr member
    Yup. I just looked at the specs of this model and it has itís offering from 80 to 100 to 120 which means 120 is the max travel for this model.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Well looks like any suspension upgrades just got put on hold as I tacoíd my front wheel today. And recommendations for replacement wheels? Iím looking at WTB ASYM and DT Swiss EX 511.

Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-taco.jpg
    Last edited by debo75; 11-16-2017 at 12:45 PM.

mtbr member
    I went with Stan's flow tubeless setup seems to work well on this bike really added to the handling and suspension qualities. These rims are 29mm and I'm running a Maxxis 2.5 wt
    Minion DHF and 2.4 minion DHR II WT.

I really like the way it rides now. If I can get down to 180 lb I think this bike will be just fine. I also upgraded the brakes I have 180 rotors front and back with Zee brakes and the rotors are ice Tech. Major stopping power now.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    I needed something on the quick and cheap so I picked up a set of Mavic Crossride UST Quest with tubless tires, sealant, and rim tape for $350. Not my first choice, but rated for someone my size, hubs were correct and cheaper than alot of the front wheels I was looking at.

Also- has anyone looked into slacking their head angle? From what I researched on Cane Creek I don't think it's possible with the IS 42 top.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by debo75 View Post
    I would probably look to get a better fork in the travel range the bike was designed for. If you're 240 lbs, then I would recommend something that has a way to adjust the volume in the air spring to make it more on the progressive side.

There is a significant difference between an OK fork and an excellent fork. The Supercell is a trail bike. It's made to climb as well as descend. Increasing the travel could have an adverse effect on turning as well as climbing.

My own personal experiences with going beyond the design criteria with regard to fork length/travel has not been overall positive in most cases, and just OK in others. If all you're going to do is descend steep hills, the Supercell was not the right choice in the first place. I think you would happier selling the Supercell and getting the right tool for the job rather than buying an expensive fork only to frankenbike the Supercell. The Supercell with a good fork is a good riding trail bike. I got to ride a Team Supercell for a couple months and liked it a lot.

JMHO and YMMV.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017

Hanger?

Anyone know where I can get a spare derailleur hanger for a Supercell?

Speed Thrills

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    So, I found a good deal on a DVO front fork and DVO rear shock. They should be significantly nicer than the xfusion stuff. The front fork comes set at 150mm but it can be adjusted to only be 120-130. So, I figure I will give it a go at the 150 just to see what it is like and if it messes things up I can drop it down to the stock travel. I really think just having a "nice" fork and shock will make a world of difference. The measurements I found for the DVO only put it about 1 inch longer than what I measure the xfusion to be.
    I am not really trying to turn this into a bike that it isn't but I also am curious if it will really negatively impact it. I already went to a super short stem and a riser bar with what I felt were excellent results. My shock and fork are both due for a service so what I save not doing the service helped offset the cost of the new stuff.

I got a sweet deal on some shimano XT wheels and thus far I would say that was a huge upgrade. Its amazing how much flex was in the stock wheel set.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by kbolser View Post
    Anyone know where I can get a spare derailleur hanger for a Supercell?
    I ordered mine through Performance Bike. The correct hanger for a Supercell is the DO28.

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    I put a deposit on 2015 Pro Supercell at PB, it's being shipped in. The only size they had was the 17. I'm 5 8" with 32 inseam 165lb. My current bike is a GT Backwoods HT Expert in a S/M basically 17. I don't have to take the bike, but the price is good. Will the 17 be ok or too small? There's not much difference between the 17 and 18 except for the top tube lenght. Total reach is about 1" difference.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by marx68 View Post
    I put a deposit on 2015 Pro Supercell at PB, it's being shipped in. The only size they had was the 17. I'm 5 8" with 32 inseam 165lb. My current bike is a GT Backwoods HT Expert in a S/M basically 17. I don't have to take the bike, but the price is good. Will the 17 be ok or too small? There's not much difference between the 17 and 18 except for the top tube lenght. Total reach is about 1" difference.
    What kind of rider are you? If you're more of an all-mountain kind of guy, the medium frame will give a little more "room" for a dropper post. If you notice, the seat post has a kink in it, and the dropper can only go in that far. Make sense?

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Almost 50 with back pain. Mostly ride CC trails with small climbs and small jumps. Only thing sorta mountain around here is Devou Park in Cov, Ky or Hueston Woods, Oxford Oh
    Looking for plush suspension to avoid those back stabbing jolts when I didn't stand at the right time. Not sure if I would bother with a dropper post.

mtbr member
    I'm 5-8 with a 30-inch inseam I have the 18 inch bike the medium .and it's almost a little too big with my short arms and short legs I cannot get far enough back on it to manual. I kind of wish I had ordered the small this bike is kind of on the big side especially with the 29 inch wheels. The 17 should be just fine for you.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Apr 2017
    Sounds like it should work out then. I noticed others saying the small is more like most other mediums. Thanks for the info.
    Perhaps you could try a shorter stem?

mtbr member
    Iím 5í8 and had the small (17). It feels and ride comfortably on it. If you look at the geometry #ís, it is similar to a medium size of other bikes.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by marx68 View Post
    Sounds like it should work out then. I noticed others saying the small is more like most other mediums. Thanks for the info.
    Perhaps you could try a shorter stem?
    I've got the shortest stem on there.

Sent from my SM-J727T1 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I used DNM dropper post cozí itís the only shortest (330mm) post with 100mm drop I could find. Replaced my crank arms with 170mm. My legs were kind of stretched if post is fully extended with a 175mm crankarms.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456