Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post

I have been slowly backing off the pressure in the fork and shock. I am making it through about 3/4 of the travel in the rear shock and maybe 2/3 of the travel in the front fork. To me that means I probably have it too stiff. I need to measure sag again and see where these last changes put me.
    I'm new to setting sag so to help me I measured out on the edge of a piece of paper where 30% and full travel of the fork and shock are. I never got any sort of consistent results from just sitting on it so I took it for very gentle rides up and down the street (no curbs or bumps) and set 30% sag front and rear that way.

The fork still looks like it has some travel left but the shock looks like I'm using it all up (same reason I asked in an earlier post if the o-rings are prone to moving on their own), although I have never felt it bottom out so........I dunno.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I am new to the suspension on mountain bikes too. Your rear shock has 51mm of travel. It appears to be quite progressive. I have taken some pretty good hits (I feel) and I haven't been able to eat up more than 3/4 of the travel. I keep reading that on a hard ride you should be able to use up the full travel. I don't know that I ride hard enough to do that though. The rear moves through 1/2 its travel very easily. Just riding down my driveway into the street seems to burn through half the travel. I think that is normal though, it gets stiffer the further it travels.

I initially was setup with about 25% sag in the rear and 20%ish in the front, my friend said he liked the front a little stiffer. After a couple days riding I think I want to try more sag in the front. I need to measure again but I am guessing I am getting closer to that 30% rear and 25-30% front.

Riding around won't give you good numbers either, sag is just a static number. It literally is just how much the suspension compresses when you put your weight on it in the position you will mostly be riding.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Nothing terribly magical about sag itself. It's just a reference point so you can get it set up to use almost all, to all, of the travel you paid for on your average ride (while rarely bottoming out) and know how to keep it there. That said, I would think that the sag for this bike would fall somewhere between 25% to 35% for most riders, both front and rear. Then fine tune it to suit from there if you prefer it a little stiffer for pedaling, or vice versa. Sometimes you need to compromise one part of the ride quality for another if you have a wide variety of riding conditions.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    What "jeffj" said... Sag is just a starting point. Once you have first measured it to get you in the "ballpark", make note of the pressure. After a few rides, you can make incremental adjustments in pressure to suit your riding style. I'm 6'-2" and 210 pounds... and have been hovering around 180-190 rear, and 100-110 front.

mtbr member
    It should be noted that people have complained about blowing through travel and finding the best sag settings etc on other models of bikes that come with the Fox CTD. A lot of posts around here claim a dramatic benefit when switching to a different rear shock, like a CCDB, Monarch plus, or a Push or Avalanche tune of the CTD.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

What a ride

Finally got out for a good ride on it yesterday. Even w/o my new stem (arriving today) the fit was pretty darn good. We have serious mountain biking around here (annadel st park). And other than the time we made a wrong turn and ended up on a trail appropriately called "rough go" I didn't find anything that bothered me on a mountain known as challenging, even in Northern California. Not that I was riding it blazingly fast.

Climbing a long 1,600' elevation to start out, I forgot to lock out the rear shock and didn't notice for a mile or two because it still climbed so nicely. Even better after I locked it out.

I weigh 210 and have fork at 97 lbs, shock at 147. Took plenty of hard hits yesterday and bottomed out neither of them (no true air other than drops though). Still want to slow down the rebound a bit. Gotta resolve to fiddle with those.

Couldn't be happier with the bike. I'll update when I get my new stem finally. Riser bar is a possibility too. Just taking it little by little.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    afterburn,
    Sounds like your shock pressures are headed where mine are. I weigh pretty similar with my camelback on.

I also didn't lock out my front or rear for the climbing and honestly didn't feel it was much different than the previous week on my HT. I didn't notice any bob unless I was standing up and hammering it, but that doesn't happen much for me. Maybe next time I will try the lock out but I do like the suspension action while riding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I didn't notice the rear suspension moving much while I was climbing. But it did seem easier to maintain a slow, bottom gear climb on steep terrain, with it locked. It didn't feel different, I just didn't get as tired if you know what I mean. This particular part of the climb wasn't rocky, otherwise I'd probably just keep the suspension engaged.

Funny, I feel the suspension on this bike less than any other FS bike i've ridden. This is my first to own, but I've borrowed or rented them before. That said, maybe it just means this is the first time i've been on a FS bike that was sized and set up for me instead of somebody else.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I will have to try the lockout. I was just pleasantly surprised how well it worked without it engaged.

Another thing I noticed is this bike tracks very well and goes where you point it. With my old bike it was near impossible to take a hand off the bars while climbing, it wanted to wander and was hard to keep a straight line while climbing. This bike just goes, I could take a hand off to wipe the sweat away and not worry where I would end up. A couple hours in the saddle was a lot more fun than with my old bike.

mtbr member
    Update on my Supercell Expert:

I have a decent number of rides on it now in a variety of conditions. I have added a KS Lev DX dropper post and the more I use it the more I like it, kinda like the bike itself! Mine is a medium and I'm about 5'9" and 170#.

The rear suspension is just amazing really, it just seems like I never even feel anything back there at all. Super stiff/no flex operation and supple as can be, it also takes the bigger hits. At 30% sag it seemed like it was using too much of the suspension too soon when checking the o-ring for travel, but once you get the bike out and really pound on it you'll realize it's just fine. (BTW, I did remove the stock o-ring and replace it with one that fits tighter and is smaller in cross section.) Anyway after the aforementioned variety of rides I can definitely say that above 25% and closer to 30% is where the sag needs to be on this thing.

As far as the front X-fusion suspension, it does pretty good but it can't match the rear. If it had some external adjustments for damping I think it could easily be great. The fork is free of flex and and I've only felt it bottom harshly once. It's normally set up at about 30% sag as well.

Pressures with my pump are at about 70/75 in the front and 100/105 in the back.

I took the bike to China Peak ski resort near Shaver Lake, CA on Sunday, I did 6 runs totaling about 20 miles and was very impressed. Obviously this type of ride is more suited to a Repack than a Supercell, but the bike did outstanding. I did put an 80mm stem on there, and I'm going to use it on a "normal" ride or two before I decide if I should switch back or not.

I took a bunch of GoPro video, if I get around to editing it soon I'll post it.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Nice feedback. I've been debating whether to take mine to Northstar at least for some of the easier runs. This gives me the confidence to do so. I added an 80mm stem, with i think 12 degree rise instead of seven. Will ride it friday with that config. Interested in your feedback on it in "normal" terrain.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Like the shorter stem

Got to ride it with the 80mm, 17 degree stem today. What a difference. Perfect fit now (6'2" with 34.5" inseam). The steering felt quicker, without being too quick. On a very, very steep uphills I was powering the front wheel off the ground with my pedal strokes. But then I realized I was tired and lazy and not paying attention to balance. So when I got my weight forward and down, it plowed right up the slope quite nicely actually. Definitely the right fit for me. Loving this bike more each time I ride it. I bought some used riser bars in case I didn't like the new stem (40mm) but I think I'll save them for another project.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Awesome man! I have some 20mm riser bars, 90mm stem, and a setback set post... and it's just about perfect as well. I'm down to adjusting things by millimeters now.

mtbr member
    I am loving my Supercell. I've been riding twice a week. I'm 6'4" with long legs so I would like to raise up the handlebars a bit. I see that many of you have riser bars and/or angled stem. If I was going to replace one of those what would be your recommendation? Riser bar or an angled stem?

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyham View Post
    I am loving my Supercell. I've been riding twice a week. I'm 6'4" with long legs so I would like to raise up the handlebars a bit. I see that many of you have riser bars and/or angled stem. If I was going to replace one of those what would be your recommendation? Riser bar or an angled stem?
    I would just suggest that you make sure you can still get your weight over the front wheel in corners. It's a series of compromises when getting bikes set up for us as individuals. Getting a new handlebar is a chance to alter the upsweep, and backsweep if you aren't loving those of the stock handlebar.

If you like the stock handlebar, you could go with the stem route. I would take a look at the stems that Specialized sells that use various angled shims that could give you as many as ten different angles on a given stem. That gives you more options to fine tune the rise of the stem, without having to buy more of them. JMHO.

Specialized Bicycle Components

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    So, being new to a FS bike and a bike with a lot more advancements than my previous bike (8 year old Gary Fisher) what should the maintenance be? I read in the shock/fork manual that these need a "rebuild" every year? They also say this should be sent in to the factory for a rebuild, which seems very silly to me. Can these not be serviced? Is there something special about these that makes them not "user" serviceable?

What about the pivots, how often do these need service?

I try to do a quick wash on the bike after most rides, and give it all a wipe down. I keep the chain lubed, etc. The breezer manual is pretty generic and worthless. What should an average joe like me be doing on a regular basis (I ride 1-2 times a week).

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I did the stem first. In hindsight, I think 90-100mm with the same 7 degree rise and 20-40mm riser bar would probably be the ideal in terms of balance (being able to keep weight on the front wheel). But its plenty good enough now and I probably won't mess with it anytime soon. You're a little taller than me, so hard to say.

To guesstimate I picked up a dowel rod I had lying around that is about handlebar diameter. I sat on the bike with one foot on a bench and the other on a pedal and just kinda played around with position. Then I guesstimated how much rise and recede (toward me) was represented by the position that felt best. Your family or friends will have a good laugh while you do it.

Then I just found a stem to accommodate that.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
    So, being new to a FS bike and a bike with a lot more advancements than my previous bike (8 year old Gary Fisher) what should the maintenance be? I read in the shock/fork manual that these need a "rebuild" every year? They also say this should be sent in to the factory for a rebuild, which seems very silly to me. Can these not be serviced? Is there something special about these that makes them not "user" serviceable?

What about the pivots, how often do these need service?

I try to do a quick wash on the bike after most rides, and give it all a wipe down. I keep the chain lubed, etc. The breezer manual is pretty generic and worthless. What should an average joe like me be doing on a regular basis (I ride 1-2 times a week).
    I'd be really careful with the wash after the ride, which you probably know. You need to displace the water with something afterwards. I don't have my Supercell yet, but when I do I will be very careful not to get water in the bottom bracket, headstack, pivots for the suspension, and hubs.

Are the pivot bearings pretty standard off the shelf parts or are they proprietary for this bike?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SMUAlien View Post
    I'd be really careful with the wash after the ride, which you probably know. You need to displace the water with something afterwards. I don't have my Supercell yet, but when I do I will be very careful not to get water in the bottom bracket, headstack, pivots for the suspension, and hubs.

Are the pivot bearings pretty standard off the shelf parts or are they proprietary for this bike?
    No idea on the pivot bearings.

I don't use a pressure washer, just spray it down with the hose and give it a wipe with a wash mit. Then dry it off with a towel. If it can't handle that then there are serious problems with the new technology.

mtbr member
    Thanks all for the thoughts on the riser bar and stem. I think I will start with a riser bar so I'm waiting for the right deal to come up. I'll let you know how it turns out. What's your thoughts on carbon fiber handlebars? Is it all about the weight or are the things I hear about vibration damping true?

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Thanks all for the thoughts on the riser bar and stem. I think I will start with a riser bar so I'm waiting for the right deal to come up. I'll let you know how it turns out. What's your thoughts on carbon fiber handlebars? Is it all about the weight or are the things I hear about vibration damping true?
    I just ordered one of these for my Repack. Azonic World Force Riser Handlebar 2014 > Components > Handlebars, Headsets and Saddles > Mountain Bike Handlebars | Jenson USA - Mobile Seems like a great deal and can be shortened if it's too long for you. I happpen to like wide bars though.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    I purchased a 2014 Supercell Team approximately 3 months ago as my KHS Flagstaff kept having frame and suspension pivot related failures. KHS made great efforts to rectify, but kept coming up short and I was tired of having a broken bike for weeks and months at a time while processing warranty claims.

The Breezer is solid so far. Very plush, it's spoiling me. I'm in hopes it doesn't let me down like the KHS did. It's heavy but makes up for the weight with a solid, stable platform. Although heavier, it climbs as well if not better than my hard tail. The components are top notch as if Joe Breeze picked them personally for his own bike.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I ordered a set of the 40mm rise bars on sale for $20. I figured they'd be too high but for 20 bucks, whatever.

Actually got to ride with them today and yeah, 40mm is too high. I feel like an old lady sitting upright on a cruiser with a basket of bread on the front.

Debating now putting the stock bars back on or trying a set of 3/4" or 1" instead.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
    I ordered a set of the 40mm rise bars on sale for $20. I figured they'd be too high but for 20 bucks, whatever.

Actually got to ride with them today and yeah, 40mm is too high. I feel like an old lady sitting upright on a cruiser with a basket of bread on the front.

Debating now putting the stock bars back on or trying a set of 3/4" or 1" instead.
    You can drop the stem by removing spacers from below it and putting them on top of the stem and drop the whole thing down. This might be enough to get you into the sweet spot. Doesn't cost anything so it's worth a shot.

There's always next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMountainsBiker View Post
    You can drop the stem by removing spacers from below it and putting them on top of the stem and drop the whole thing down. This might be enough to get you into the sweet spot. Doesn't cost anything so it's worth a shot.
    Also, if you haven't done so already, flipping the stem.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Got the bike in June, weighed 290. Weighed myself this morning and now my setup is 18lbs lighter! Love this bike. Was thinking about changing it to a 10 speed with a 28 or 30 front and the new Praxis 11-40 on the back but changed my mind, why mess with a good thing!
    Down a total of 33lbs since I started riding again in March, way more confident and making climbs I could only dream of 6 months ago.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    That's awesome, I am hoping to shed a few pounds. I have struggled to find exercise that I enjoy. I used to work construction and keeping fit just happened. Getting back into mountain biking has been enjoyable and I am slowly getting back in shape and feeling better.

mtbr member
    I found a good deal on an Easton EA70 40 mm riser bar. I put it on the bike Monday and rode around the block. It was a much more comfortable riding position. I have really long legs so now the handlebars are almost even with the seat.
    I was excited to try it out on a ride this morning and before the half mile point my chain broke. That's the first time it's happened to me. Should I just fix the original chain or find a stronger one?

mtbr member
    I ended up taking it to my LBS. Apparently the plates on the master link failed, the pins were still in. That is something they said they have never seen before. New link and I am good to go. I'll be testing out the new riser bars this weekend.

mtbr member
    Aug 2015
    Hi
    I am thinking of buying a Breezer Supercell and installing a Bafang BBS02 motor kit to it.
    The kit requires a 73mm BB shell width.
    Can someone please measure their shell width (exclude bearing) and post it here.
    much appreciated!

Dude
    Feb 2015

Picked up the Team model

This is the second FS I've ridden and by far the best. Worth every penny and the weight is not an issue. I'd be happy to answer and questions for those who are curious or interested about the bike. Also, I emailed the parent company about maybe purchasing a tshirt, but they have no "swag" as they called it. They did send me two water bottles though. Pretty cool.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpg  

Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Wow

I love my Supercell Expert, but that blue Team is sweeeeeeet!

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlisbre View Post
    This is the second FS I've ridden and by far the best. Worth every penny and the weight is not an issue. I'd be happy to answer and questions for those who are curious or interested about the bike. Also, I emailed the parent company about maybe purchasing a tshirt, but they have no "swag" as they called it. They did send me two water bottles though. Pretty cool.
    I had the same questions and they replied back to me just last week saying they do have t-shirts and get this Jerseys. Send me your email adress and I will fwd you the email.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Tire upgrade

So it is about that time already for new tires. Any guesses if a 2.4 Conti will fit in there?

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Shirt/Jersey Info

Hi Marc,

Thanks for contacting Breezer Bikes and thanks for riding the Supercell! We have some Breezer cycling jerseys (Club Cut sizes SM – XL) in stock and some Breezer T-Shirts in Sm, Md, and 2X, which you can order through your local Breezer Dealer. If you’re unable to visit an authorized of Breezer and/or our other brands (Fuji, SE Racing, and Kestrel), let us know because we probably get you what you want via our webstore: Advanced Sports International

We don’t have the Breezer jerseys and t-shirts up on the site, but we can work it out. The MSRP for the jersey is $99 + shipping and the t-shirts are $25 + shipping. We don’t have an image of the Breezer T-Shirt (dark gray, light blue Breezer logo across the chest, M-Link logo on the side), but here are some images of the jersey:Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image001.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Marc Jorgensen View Post
    So it is about that time already for new tires. Any guesses if a 2.4 Conti will fit in there?
    Oh yeah. I think so. Its just 1/4 inch bigger. Easily that clearance and more.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have run a 2.4 Ardent front on a 23mm rim... no issues. Can't comment on the rear, but I could throw one on and let ya know.

mtbr member
    Make sure your pivot points are tight! I lost one today on the trail.
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20150822_104837%7E2.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20150822_104845%7E2.jpg

mtbr member
    Ouch! Any other damage when it departed the bike?

I checked mine during assembly and after the first ride, adding a bit of torque each time. Sine then they haven't moved.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Wow, I will check mine again. Like Doug said, I did when I first got it, but have not since with a coupe hundred miles on it. The bearings are in there that loose? That is strange, i would have thought they would be press fit.

mtbr member
    No damage when it came out. In fact I don't know when it did come out. About half way through a ride I started hearing a funny noise. I found what was causing the noise and with a prayer and some cautious riding I finished the loop. The suspension is stiff enough that it stayed in place. Hopefully the warranty will cover a new one.

mtbr member
    Thank goodness it is only a $25 bolt. Should be here this weekend.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Thank goodness it is only a $25 bolt. Should be here this weekend.
    Is it coming from Breezer? Or 3rd party? I'd love to know the spec on it. Just in case, you know, I ever need to know the spec on it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015
    Thanks for your post Slyham, I went and tightened everything on mine yesterday. Found the right inner suspension pivot bolt very loose but thanks to you caught it before it came out.
    Hope you get her back together soon!

mtbr member
    Got my bike back and went for a great ride last Saturday. The bolt came from Breezer. The invoice didn't list any specs just mlink bolt. I think this problem was discovered and corrected on the 2015 models. This same pivot has the bolt reversed on the 2015 model. I think the suspension movement may sometimes unscrew the bolt on the 2014 models. Something to watch for.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Maybe loctite would help to make sure it stays put.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    265 miles in on mine in a couple of months and it is still performing flawless. I checked my bolts, the one on the left was a little bit loose, but not much. The drive side was fine. When I first got it I was set on replacing the stem, bar, and seatpost to move the riding position back and up. But I have got used to it honestly, yes, you have to work a little bit to lift the front but nothing to bad. It still flys pretty even over small jumps. I am far from xtreme so its fine for me. Overall I am still very satisfied with the bike and the best part is I have not ran into another rider with one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I was initially looking for a setback seat post, but after I swapped to a wider seat I didn't feel the need any more. I actually moved the seat forward a bit before my ride this morning and it felt good. I'm still pleased with the stem and riser bar I installed.

I need to check my pivots before the next ride. I haven't had any issues, but I heard a pretty loud click right at the end of the trail on a decent bump. Other than that noise, the frame has been smooth and quiet.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    I found a good deal on an Easton EA70 40 mm riser bar. I put it on the bike Monday and rode around the block. It was a much more comfortable riding position. I have really long legs so now the handlebars are almost even with the seat.
    I was excited to try it out on a ride this morning and before the half mile point my chain broke. That's the first time it's happened to me. Should I just fix the original chain or find a stronger one?
    Most chains I know of are rated at 200kgf (IIRC). The only one I know of rated stronger than that is the SRAM 991 CrossStep (sp?). And that is a 9 speed chain. I am not aware of a 10 speed equivalent It's hard to hear that it is most likely that your chain broke from damage from less than stellar shifting technique.

I think SRAM, Shimano, and KMC all sell good quality chains. SRAM and KMC both use quick links, which I find handy. KMC makes Shimano chains.

It's possible to get a defective chain, but other than an occasional stiff link, II find manufacturing defects to be quite rare.

My advice is to get one from of the three companies I mentioned above, install it correctly, keep your derailleurs adjusted properly, and work on shifting technique.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    How are everyone's brake pads holding out? I cleaned the bike Saturday and noticed my rear pads are looking pretty worn. I would guess better than 3/4 gone, I probably need to get a new set ordered. I have probably only put about 90 miles on the bike, though nearly half of that is down hill and some of the trails require some pretty heavy breaking. A quick search shows the rotors shouldn't have sintered pads, are there any pads for these that are better than others? This is my first go with disc brakes on a bike.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

11 miles down today

Loving this bike!
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20150910_164415-1280x720-.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Hey everyone! Im glad that everyone are enjoying their supercell. Im new to this site, pls be patient on me. Any ways here my supercell witj with some little upgrade.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Even though the description says a small will fit 5 feet. I am trying to find a fs for my wife, she is 5 feet with 27" inseam.. I know a X Small will be the good fit but they are just so hard to find on a budget. Do any of you have a Small, do you thing it would fit a 5 feet woman? How long is the Stem, is the room to shorten it ? How about stand over room.

mtbr member
    Jun 2015

New Stem

Quote Originally Posted by Kidd6370 View Post
    Any ways here my supercell witj with some little upgrade.
    How are you liking the ride with the shorter stem? How much has it changed the feel?

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean-->NM View Post
    How are you liking the ride with the shorter stem? How much has it changed the feel?
    the handling is a lot better, specially on cornering. i feel like i have more control of the front tire, ive change the tires from bronson to wolverine too, i think it help a little bit. but im thinking to swap back the bronson to my rear tires. the wider handle bar feel more stable on down hills here in norcal.

mtbr member
    Anyone else notice that the Mlink is on some of the new Fuji bikes?

Norđwegr
    Anyone else notice that the Mlink is on some of the new Fuji bikes?
    Breezer and Fuji have the same owners afaik, so the fuji you're thinking of is essentially a breezer without the heft.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
    Breezer and Fuji have the same owners afaik, so the fuji you're thinking of is essentially a breezer without the heft.
    It could turn out that way, but I am not quite ready to assume that it's a foregone conclusion.

Norđwegr
    Too nitpick the fujis are slacker and boosted

Dude
    Feb 2015
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-image.jpg

I love the Supercell Team that I bought earlier in the year. Longer bars were strange on the narrow trails I ride, but no issues at all.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Barlisbre View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	174 
Size:	227.8 KB 
ID:	1018270Click image for larger version. 

Views:	302 
Size:	327.5 KB 
ID:	1018271Click image for larger version. 

Views:	245 
Size:	164.0 KB 
ID:	1018272

I love the Supercell Team that I bought earlier in the year. Longer bars were strange on the narrow trails I ride, but no issues at all.
    I was the same way with the bars....I liked them so much I switched to even longer bars. I just got Haven Carbon 35MM bars and a 70MM Haven stem. I really like the new cockpit setup. I have a Thomson dropper on the way as well, I will post pics of my updates when I get the post.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Got rid of all the Oval crap...Thomson Elite Dropper, Easton Haven 70mm length stem, Easton Carbon Haven 35mm clamp bar. Much better feel to this thing now. Love the bar and stem combo.
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151006_163205-720x1280-.jpgBreezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151006_163133-1280x720-.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151006_163149-1280x720-.jpg  

Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151006_163222-1280x720-.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankuota View Post
    Even though the description says a small will fit 5 feet. I am trying to find a fs for my wife, she is 5 feet with 27" inseam.. I know a X Small will be the good fit but they are just so hard to find on a budget. Do any of you have a Small, do you thing it would fit a 5 feet woman? How long is the Stem, is the room to shorten it ? How about stand over room.
    I shortened stem from 120 to 80 w/ no regrets.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Looks good, I have considered swapping bars and stem too. And I think a dropper post would be nice.

RFB
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Anyone know if you can fit a bottle cage and bottle in the triangle of the Supercell? Don't mind zip tying it down. Because of 3 bulging discs in my back, I can't wear a hydration pack. I don't want to put it on the underside of the down tube.

Thanks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFB View Post
    Anyone know if you can fit a bottle cage and bottle in the triangle of the Supercell? Don't mind zip tying it down. Because of 3 bulging discs in my back, I can't wear a hydration pack. I don't want to put it on the underside of the down tube.

Thanks.
    Bolts right in there. Watch the torque on the fastener that holds the cable guide or your shifting will suffer...

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_J View Post
    Bolts right in there. Watch the torque on the fastener that holds the cable guide or your shifting will suffer...
    I think he means on top of the down tube, not underneath it.
    My frame is the XL for reference, it would be tight in there, but I switched to packs a long time ago, so I have nothing to try it out for you. Is that still really a deal breaker on why someone buys a bike these days?

RFB
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I think he means on top of the down tube, not underneath it.
    My frame is the XL for reference, it would be tight in there, but I switched to packs a long time ago, so I have nothing to try it out for you. Is that still really a deal breaker on why someone buys a bike these days?
    Unfortunately with the bulging discs, the packs I've tried are very uncomfortable/painful to wear. Is it a definite deal breaker? Not yet, but it does become an issue as to how to carry water on the bike.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    I have seen bottle holders that go on the back of the seat post as well. Some guy at the trail had one on his bike and he said it works great, he never lost a bottle. That could be a good solution for you.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

And on the seat rail

Quote Originally Posted by NoMountainsBiker View Post
    I have seen bottle holders that go on the back of the seat post as well. Some guy at the trail had one on his bike and he said it works great, he never lost a bottle. That could be a good solution for you.
    Nashbar sells an adapter to attach a cage to the seat rails as well.

mtbr member
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-mtb-sedona.jpg
    Still loving my Supercell Pro. I have about 230 miles on it so far.

I just noticed the 2016 models are out.

The Pro model looks nice, but I am not a fan of the other colors.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I noticed the 2016 models have slightly shorter stems... maybe Breezer has been listening to us.

RFB
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Thanks for the help with the bottle cage mounts. I was at my chiropractor today and met a guy with similar back issues who also rides. He started using a Camelbak FlashFlo for longer rides and a Gregory Tempo H1 for shorter rides. Once straps are adjusted properly he said the bouncing was almost eliminated. Friends mock him for the fanny pack look, but it allows him to keep riding. I'll be looking at all options.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lemke View Post
    I noticed the 2016 models have slightly shorter stems... maybe Breezer has been listening to us.
    Interesting, I hadn't noticed that. I went from the 100mm to an 80 and there doesn't seem to be any downside to it.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    And the 2016 Limited Supercell comes with a dropper post. Not that you couldn't put one on yourself, but it's nice to offer a model that comes with one. The LTD also has 1x11, and Race Face stem and bars.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffj View Post
    And the 2016 Limited Supercell comes with a dropper post. Not that you couldn't put one on yourself, but it's nice to offer a model that comes with one. The LTD also has 1x11, and Race Face stem and bars.
    Looks like all the other models also have Race Face stem, bars, and seat posts. The only oval product I see on any of the models is the grips.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I really like the upgrades. I really really like the red. The oval stuff is not that bad, it jsut does not have the cred of the raceface. I wish they would put race face cranks on them though those are pretty nice.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

I wonder where they are made . . .

I really like the upgrades. I really really like the red. The oval stuff is not that bad, it jsut does not have the cred of the raceface. I wish they would put race face cranks on them though those are pretty nice.
    I am all for it. I bet you that one or more of the following is true:

a. Oval makes some RaceFace parts
    b. RaceFace makes some Oval parts
    c. Both RaceFace and Oval have some of their products made in the same third pary factory

Because of this, they can reciprocate with branding.

Either way, its good for Breezer (and Fuji) not to look like Oval's *****, because they both still make a great product under ASI.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I just ordered the supercell expert, but I am unsure about sizing. I usually ride a medium 17"-17.5". But Breezer sizing recommends a 18.5" bike which is usually close to a large size from other manufacturers. I am 5'8" with a 31.5" inseam with shoes.
    For those that are similar in height as to me, do you think medium would fit better. I would have tried locally but nobody around here has the supercell in. I did try a Repack in a small and medium, the small fit better. But if you look at the specs for the small in a repack, like top tube length, and wheelbase its closer to medium supercell. Cant decide what size I should get, need to order it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Hi everyone, getting my first new mountain bike in 25yrs. Decided to order the Breezer supercell expert in small size. I am 5'8" tall with a 31.5" inseam. I ordered the small but am unsure of the size I should have ordered. There are no shops around me that have the supercell in stock to test fit. I did find a the repack, tried the small and medium, felt the small fit better. Maybe because I have a 25 year old bike and used to shorter reach and wheelbases. Also the repack in a small is similar to specs of the supercell medium. Same top tube and wheelbase, just the reach is shorter. Those of you similar in height as me, did you try the small and medium, you think medium would be a better fit? Worse case I can return if I feel its too small and order the larger size.
    My old bike is a 17" and I usually fit a medium, so when I see Breezer says 18.5" is a medium, which for other bike makers is closer to a large. Just unsure about the size I ordered, and tips would be helpful.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Not a close comparison, but . . .

Quote Originally Posted by roktoy View Post
    Hi everyone, getting my first new mountain bike in 25yrs. Decided to order the Breezer supercell expert in small size. I am 5'8" tall with a 31.5" inseam.
    I am 6;2" with a 34.5 BIKE INSEAM. If you are uncertain what that is, you should google it, because it isn't the same measurement as a tailor's inseam.

I bought the XL. It was a perfect fit other than the 120mm stem. I replaced with 90mm and then it IS perfect.

Your inseam is 3" less than mine and you are 6" shorter, so you are relatively evenly proportioned like me.

Bottom line is you are probably right on the border like I was. If you buy the smaller, I doubt you will experience tire strikes unless you have clown feet. If you buy the larger, it will probably feel a bit more stable (man is this bike confidence inspiring in its stability), but you may need to consider a new stem (if you aren't brand conscious, you can spend $20 for a used stem on ebay).

Good luck, and be sure to tell us what you decide and share your impressions of the bike. As you can tell, there are a lot of fans of this bike here!

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Sorry I posted twice, first time I posted I didn't see it on this thread. So rewrote it, I guess since this is my first post, it had to be approved by the forum admin.

My measured inseam is with shoes on using the book in crotch method. As for feet, did try a Trek Caliber 29er in a Small (15.5") and my size11 feet seem to hit the front wheel sometimes. The Medium in a 17.5 fit better.

Breezers sizing seems to run large, every calculator online said I should be a medium in 17"-17.5" range. If breezer labeled their 17 as a Medium I probably wouldn't have worried about the size.

mtbr member
    I'm 5'9" and frankly not exactly sure on the inseam measurement, it's 32 or 33ish...

I have the Supercell Expert in Medium, I have changed the stem to an 80mm. It sounds like you may be right on the border of the Medium or Small. For what it's worth, I'm extremely comfortable on mine, more than anything else I've been on. I was astounded right from the start with the quick handling yet stable feel. I do have my seat pushed all the way back, and it was there before I went to the shorter stem. Based on that detail I don't think I could get along on the Small size. Also, I added a KS Lev dropper post and it's about 1/4" from full insertion into the frame at my seat height.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by roktoy View Post
    Hi everyone, getting my first new mountain bike in 25yrs. Decided to order the Breezer supercell expert in small size. I am 5'8" tall with a 31.5" inseam. I ordered the small but am unsure of the size I should have ordered. There are no shops around me that have the supercell in stock to test fit. I did find a the repack, tried the small and medium, felt the small fit better. Maybe because I have a 25 year old bike and used to shorter reach and wheelbases. Also the repack in a small is similar to specs of the supercell medium. Same top tube and wheelbase, just the reach is shorter. Those of you similar in height as me, did you try the small and medium, you think medium would be a better fit? Worse case I can return if I feel its too small and order the larger size.
    My old bike is a 17" and I usually fit a medium, so when I see Breezer says 18.5" is a medium, which for other bike makers is closer to a large. Just unsure about the size I ordered, and tips would be helpful.
    I am 5'10" Not positive what my inseam is. Anyway, I ride the medium and like the fit but I am probably on the small side for the bike. With the stock seat post, I can barely lower it. I don't know that you could lower the seat enough at 5'8" without cutting it. I think you will be good on a small. I occasionally wonder if a small would have fit me better but I couldn't find one to try and the medium seems okay for me.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    What I was told, and take this with a grain of salt, is to order a larger size for a full suspension versus a hardtail. I have a GT hardtail 29er in a large size, and my Supercell is an XL. I'm 6'-2" with a 35" inseam. At first it seemed too big, but once I got my cockpit dialed in with a shorter stem and a laid back seat post, it is absolutely perfect.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    Haven't checked in on this thread for a while but I'm dropping in to update.

So far my only problems have been a bent RD hanger from falling off a log (solved by just bending it back, then a trip to the shop to look it over)and the rear tire rubbing the cable that's routed behind the seat tube when the suspension was really compressed (solved by pulling the slack in the cable forward).

I've added 20mm riser bars, a 20mm setback seatpost, and a new saddle ($20 Amazon jobber. Mainly to get rid of the big Breezer logo on the stock saddle).

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon_ View Post
    I've added 20mm riser bars, a 20mm setback seatpost, and a new saddle ($20 Amazon jobber. Mainly to get rid of the big Breezer logo on the stock saddle).
    WHAT?! That's my kids favorite part of the bike. I told them the "B" is there to tell you where your butt goes.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Pricepoint is having a sale right now, an extra 15% off, which would bring the supercell expert down to 1190 and the pro down to 1444, an already screaming deal is even better.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Sorry for posting twice, since I am new, my post don't go up right away. Needs to be approved by moderator.
    Last edited by roktoy; 10-29-2015 at 12:40 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    I went on an awesome ride last weekend, beautiful area but getting into fall and with the starting elevation at 10,000ft the temp was 31deg F. Anyway, the first bit of the ride is a gradual down hill through some trees. I went to hit the brakes and there was nothing in the back. Went straight to the bars. I gave it a few quick pumps and it came back but it would fade everytime I didn't use the brakes for a few minutes. Made for an interesting trip. Started at 10000, ended at 7400 and had 1600ft of climbing over 15.5miles. I am going to try to bleed them and see if that was the issue but they have been completely trouble free all summer. Just seemed kind of weird.

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Some of you guys who have swapped out just the handle bar, would you mind posting a link to what you got. I am feeling like a riser bar might be a good idea, just unsure of what I should get.

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I have these in a 20mm rise and am happy with them. Ritchey Comp Rizer 20mm BB Black Mountain Bar

Tried Truvativ Hussefelts 40mm first because I found them really cheap but that was waaaay too much. Felt like riding a beach cruiser I was so upright.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I have a Truvativ 20mm riser bar... the fit is perfect with a 90mm stem, and setback seatpost.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    I got the 40mm version of this bar. Also swapped a 90mm stem.

Truvativ Hussefelt Comp Riserbar > Components > Handlebars > Mountain Bars | Jenson USA

mtbr member
    Jul 2015

Higher Angle Stem

I got a 90mm stem with 14 degrees of rise instead of a riser bar. The stock was 120mm, and 8 degrees IIRC. Brought the stock bar about 1" back toward me and up about 1/2 to 3/4". Very happy with this position.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I've been eye-ballin' the Supercell for a while now, and you guys twisted my arm just enough that I pulled the trigger! The free shipping and -15% PP had last Friday pushed me over edge. My current 26" FS doesn't get much ride time after getting a 29er so this bike just makes sense to add to the quiver, right?! That's what I'm going with any ways. Carefully studied the geo and went with a SM (5'9" w/ 30" inseam) Expert. The only thing that has my doubts is the wire bead Bronsons, haven't ridden WTB rubber in many years and wasn't a big fan back then but I'll give them a shot. If my wife gets mad I'm blaming this thread

mtbr member
    Jul 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    The only thing that has my doubts is the wire bead Bronsons, haven't ridden WTB rubber in many years and wasn't a big fan back then but I'll give them a shot. If my wife gets mad I'm blaming this thread
    Where do you ride? I like the Bronsons a lot for Northern California trails which are mostly dry and somewhat loose.

As for the wife, that's what we are here for, to take the blame so you can go ride.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    I'm in SoCal so loose over hard but I like a tire that can hold thru corners and still feel like it rolls well. I might like them tread wise, dunno I'll see, but the wire bead not so much.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Breezer Supercell -Any thoughts?-20151101_200552s.jpgI picked up my Breezer Supercell Expert this weekend. I ended up ordering both the Small and Medium size to see which fit better.
    Stock setup the small seems like it fit better, but the medium felt fine too, maybe a little stretched out. I have a 31.5 inseam so the stand over on this bike is rated at 30.1, seems a little tight but not too bad. I actually felt I had more standover clearance on the medium than the small, maybe because of the angle of the top tube.
    I decided on getting the Medium and replaced the stock 100mm stem to a race face ride 70mm stem. Which made the reach feel perfect. I changed the seat out to a forte xfc gel seat for more comfort and added the Shimano Saint pedal. At 5’8” the seat post is almost all the way down to fit me on the medium, while on the small the seat post was at the max line to fit me. Might have to cut it for downhill and obstacle.
    I think my next purchase might be a KS eten dropper and BBG bash guard.
    My impressions of the bike are better than expected, it has a matte black and white paint, which looks awesome. This thing feels like a tank and well built. Coming from a 26er, a 29er looks big.
    Can’t wait for the weather to improve so I can test it out on some trails.
    FYI, to get the warranty from Breezer the bike has to be professionally built, although I am not too worried about the frame breaking.
    Last edited by roktoy; 11-02-2015 at 12:05 PM.

mtbr member
    Feb 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
    I've been eye-ballin' the Supercell for a while now, and you guys twisted my arm just enough that I pulled the trigger! The free shipping and -15% PP had last Friday pushed me over edge. My current 26" FS doesn't get much ride time after getting a 29er so this bike just makes sense to add to the quiver, right?! That's what I'm going with any ways. Carefully studied the geo and went with a SM (5'9" w/ 30" inseam) Expert. The only thing that has my doubts is the wire bead Bronsons, haven't ridden WTB rubber in many years and wasn't a big fan back then but I'll give them a shot. If my wife gets mad I'm blaming this thread
    The Bronsons are a very underrated tire in my opinion... they do well in a variety of conditions. I'm glad I kept mine.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast