banned
    Apr 2009

Bontrager Jones XR Discontinued??

My new favorite tire is 1/2 price now on Bontrager's website, and the 2.25 (front) and 2.2 (rear) are no longer available??

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?...&bShopOnline=1

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by 247
    My new favorite tire is 1/2 price now on Bontrager's website, and the 2.25 (front) and 2.2 (rear) are no longer available??

http://store.trekbikes.com/jump.jsp?...&bShopOnline=1
    Not surprising. One of their oldest designs with a love it or hate it reputation.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Mac & Jacks African Amber
    All selections are 1.8" width, hence the discount I suppose. Seems like a uniquly non-applicable tire size for typical mountain bike applications.
    My Current Rides:
    '09 Trek 69er SS '08 Trek 69er 3x9 HT

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by LongviewTx
    All selections are 1.8" width, hence the discount I suppose. Seems like a uniquly non-applicable tire size for typical mountain bike applications.
    The Bonty site does still have the 2.25/2.2 models listed, but not in stock. Still would not be surprised to see them all being discontinued.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Ya, right.
    Tried to special order one from a Trek store and was informed it has been discontinued.
    I hope you have a big trunk... 'cuz I'm puttin' my bike in it.

mtbr member
    Yes, I spoke with Bonti CS a while ago and was informed they were clearing the stock and not making any ones. That's it...

They also indicated XDX is going the Jones way. Their intent is solidify the line around the 29-X nominator. X--0, X-3 and X-4 are already in place.

Tulsa
    I liked mine enough to get an extra set when they still had all sizes on sale. My experience is limited but they and racing ralphs both work well around the rocks, roots, hard clay around here. Wet clay not quite so much.
    There are some guys on ebay bailing on them from time to time but I doubt i'll buy more, too many others to try.

they set up sooo nicely with duster tlr that i'm probably going to stick with bonty in future, what's the closest to the jones in their current/future lineup?
    wherever you go, there you are

a.k.a. BicycleKicks
    I ran into the same issue when trying to find tires for my new 29er build. I ended up getting the 29-3 Team Issue 2.25's and think they're pretty awesome. I am thinking about trying the 2.0's eventually.
    I read that on the internet.