Keep on Rockin...

Bonti TLR OSB Mustang rim mini rev...

You don't hear much about these rims on the boards so I thought I'd make a short post to hit the highlights.

I'm moving away from Stan's to the Bontis. The rear wheel several weeks ago and the front just a few days ago. Too many burps with the Stan's and one TLR tire blowing up in my face during installation and one non-TLR explosion. Not bashing Stan's at all, but IMO this Bonti rim is nicer than Stan's by far.

The Bonti's make for a super tight bead fit that I'd confidently run many non-tubeless tires with.

The valve-stem setup is very robust and pretty much leak-proof. The rim strip is very sturdy.

Mounting Bonti's TLR tires (Dry X rear and Jones ACX front) was probably easier than mounting a tubed tire. Zero leaks. Solid snap. So far seem very resistant to burping and rolling (rolling off the rim that is).

Lateral stiffness feels much improved on the Bonti over the Stans. Maybe the OSB? It makes a lot of sense on paper. Though I didn't build these wheels myself the Bonti rim appears to be able to handle more spoke tension than the Stans.

The older Bonti non-TLR rims I used in the past were OK but seem quite different and not as nice as these TLR models.

Not a very sexy review, I know. But when you are in need of your next set of rims this might be helpful.

No longer 26
    I'll concur. Have been using a Mustang TLR rear rim and Race TLR front wheel with much success. Tires have been standard Bonti XR fronts, ACX, and IRC Mythos fronts. Working very well and very robust for a fairly light rim.

G
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...