Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker72 View Post
    It's probably safe to say it will work similar to other Faux Bar Link bikes like the Kona Hei-Hei 29 or the Voodoo Canzo 29. There will always be some variance but it should give you the general idea. Hopefully they are only trying to get a max of 4" of travel out of that shock instead of the 5" they claim on the 26" Motobecane full suspension frame.
    Pogostick... bobtastic design

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidw View Post
    Pogostick... bobtastic design
    Probably very similar to my Canzo the Turner TNT designs.
    My Canzo with my rockshox rear shock in middle position rides great with a minimum of bob.
    Check out the reviews on the Canzo on this site. They are very positive.
    A pogo stick it is not. I find the worst pogo action on hardtails and suspension bikes alike come from the front shock.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    All.... I lied. Cancelled my order and I am going with a Spec. Camber Pro 29er. I will post pics when I have it. Thx.

mtbr member
    A 2011 or a 2012?

I am also on the fence between a Camber and the Moto... Its for the wife and until I hear if they uprated the specs on the 2012 Camber I will wait. To me a bike with a 9x drivetrain and no thru axle front fork is really outdated. If they go 2/3x10 with a 20mm front axle on the Camber for 2012 I will go that route if not its the Moto for her...

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by subspd View Post
    A 2011 or a 2012?

I am also on the fence between a Camber and the Moto... Its for the wife and until I hear if they uprated the specs on the 2012 Camber I will wait. To me a bike with a 9x drivetrain and no thru axle front fork is really outdated. If they go 2/3x10 with a 20mm front axle on the Camber for 2012 I will go that route if not its the Moto for her...
    I'm getting a 2011. I wan't a bike now so it will have to do. Not to mention I'm getting a pretty good deal on it. I hear the 2012's wont be out until after the Interbike expo in mid September, and even then they will only be available on a very limited basis to the biggest of spec. dealers.

The Camber Pro 29 has a 2x10, so no worries about the 9spd Additionally, for what I am going to do with the bike, a 20mm thruaxel may be overkill.

mtbr member
    Didn't notice the Pro ran a 2x10 thanks for the clarifiaction. Still I am basically hoping that the 2012 comes up to the Stumpjumper comp spec level with 20mm, tapered head tube, 2x10, but with only 100mm travel. Because that is what the Moto now offers and to many those should be standard items on ANY full suspension bike.

ballbuster

Yeah....

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbikej View Post
    The BD bike looks almost like the KHS Flagstaff.

EDIT: Nevermind.....the pivot on the rear dropout is different.
    ... but like you pointed out, The KHS is an FSR 4 bar suspension, not glorified single pivot faux bar.

I love FSR design. Too bad Specialized owned the patent on it, therefore gets the royalties for it.

mtbr member
    I just noticed someone felt the need to give me negative rep for a post in this thread... with a comment of "clueless" What gives? Just because I posted in a BikesDirect thread???

mtbr member
    I just noticed someone felt the need to give me negative rep for a post in this thread... with a comment of "clueless" What gives? Just because I posted in a BikesDirect thread???

Don't let it bother you. The whole "Rep" thing is kinda fcuking ghey IMO. But who am I to say?

PS... +1 Rep to you for posting in a Moto thread.
    Mind your own religion.

mtbr member
    Right back at you! +rep for thinking the same way I do. Isn't that what the whole 'rep' thing is really all about...

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    probably has to do with the general disdain for moto/bd in general

mtbr member
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect View Post
    Once poroduction can catch up on Sml, Med, and Lar
    I expect these bikes will be basicly sold out for the first year [like the Ti 29er hardtails]

We will offer more sizes probably this time next year
    "Next year"?? Why such limited quantity? Why so long to restock?

I'm in the market for around a 17" frame MB or 29er or HT in the $500-750 range, maybe a bit more, and I don't think you have one left in that range in your entire inventory.

I'm tired of looking, and signing up for your newsletter is a major hassle, too.

I've pretty much given up on Bikesdirect for the above reasons. Very sad...

Thanks for listening.

Frt Range, CO
    Quote Originally Posted by bikesdirect View Post
    ...Framesets will go on bikeisland in about 6 weeks or so....
    I see full bikes are shipping today, what's the ETA for frames/forks on bikeisland?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    So brand new to the forum and pretty excited. I just received the fs 29er. I bought the cheaper one (I am sort of new to the mountain bike world) and after a little adjustment here and there the bike was ready to go. It rides really well and looks clean! Definitely going to have a lot of fun on this beast!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikepyle8 View Post
    So brand new to the forum and pretty excited. I just received the fs 29er. I bought the cheaper one (I am sort of new to the mountain bike world) and after a little adjustment here and there the bike was ready to go. It rides really well and looks clean! Definitely going to have a lot of fun on this beast!
    Pics...

mtbr member
    x2^^^

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I received mine today too, I got the SRAM XO in the large frame. Its spending the night at the LBS waiting in line to get the brakes and gears dialed in better than I can. Should have her tomorrow afternoon. First impression, the bike looks huge but I expected that being a 29er.

mtbr member
    yes pics please

mtbr member
    Let's see it!!!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Im no photographer so that being said here are some pics that i would have liked to see in the ad for the bike. Its the SLX/XT 47cm model.
    Attached Images Attached Images          

mtbr member
    Man they are almost sold out of all of these. Where are all the ride reports? I want to know how this thing rides and what it really weighs. Is it plush or is it more of firm setup?

After talking with the LBS today about the 2012 Camber it's off my short list. So it's really down to this and another Stumpy.

EvilRider
    Oct 2008
    My girlfriend purchased a small size. Packed well, tapered steerer, platform fork with lockout/ blowoff that works and platform rear shock. Good breaks and excellent mix of xt slx finishing kit. For $1400 shiped!? How can you find fault with that ? The frame is beautiful . Only drawbacks, hubs are cheap and bar could be wider .... But for $1400 !? Good job bikes direct way to challenge the big names on value !

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Looks nice..

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    kind of a related question... can you buy the ti fly 29er frame only??

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gfourth View Post
    kind of a related question... can you buy the ti fly 29er frame only??
    Try the classified section of mtbr and bikeisland.com.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast