mtbr member

BH Lynx Race Anybody got one?

I've been looking for a new XC sled and this one has me interested. 16.7" chain stays, 68.5 head angle, and room for 27.5+ should make a fun go fast bike the trails in N Carolina. Of course, I called a couple of dealers here in the region and none had even heard about it because it's a secondary line for them.

Anybody happen to have one or any first hand knowledge about these?

BH Lynx Race     Anybody got one?-bh_lynx-race-carbon.jpgBH Lynx Race     Anybody got one?-bh_lynx-race-alu-recon-gold-20sp_aluminum-short-travel-100mm-cross-country-xc-marathon-race-moun.jpg

mtbr member
    I am getting three of them, delivered tomorrow. I have a cycling tours company in Crete, working with BH Bikes. I will get back with a review as soon as I put some miles on the mountains here.

mtbr member
    BH Lynx Race     Anybody got one?-20170724_114633-2-.jpg
    BH Lynx Race     Anybody got one?-36685275055_c595d5bbeb_k.jpgBH Lynx Race     Anybody got one?-20170801_124027-2-.jpg

This is a seriously capable bike!
    It is a great climber, very efficient and stiff, and I get this feedback from all of my guests. "I can't believe how this thing is climbing" is a common reaction. Split pivot makes wonders back there on the rear end.

Still it's pretty comfortable and fast on descends too, as a cross country / trail bike. I've extended the front suspension to 120 mm, by removing the spacers in the fork, witch gave the bike a bit more aggressive characteristics, with more supple front end a slightly slacker angle.

I've been riding all sorts of bikes, given the cirqumstances of my job as a bike guide at and this is the first 29er bike that didn't feel like a boat to me.
    It's quiet manouverable and playful, with geometry that's modern and sorted.
    BH bikes have very good quality in construction generally speaking, all the bikes I've had so far has been proven bombproof reliable, so I expect these to follow along and last. Terrain in Crete is very rocky, bikes get through some real torturing most of the time.
    I like this bike so much I am gonna get one for myself for next season.
    If you can get your hands on one it's really worthy to ride it and get a feeling of it's capacity.