In the rear with the gear

Anyone use a Burley d'lite with a 29er

Buddy just gave me one today and I think the yoke is too short, not to mention, I think my rear discbrake assembly, and rotor, gets in the way of the hitch.

Is there anything I can do without getting a 26er with Canties?
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

breathing helium
    I haven't tried mine with my 29er yet, but they make a replacement skewer that has a mount on the end of it. You simply replace the standard skewer on your bike with the Burly one and the trailer hooks right up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocheese
    I haven't tried mine with my 29er yet, but they make a replacement skewer that has a mount on the end of it. You simply replace the standard skewer on your bike with the Burly one and the trailer hooks right up to it.
    That would work but my rear wheel is bolt on.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

Witty McWitterson
    In that case, yer screwed. either get a wheel that can accept a QR, or grab a non-disc frame. I've used a D'lite with my Haro Mary and a QR wheel with no issues. The Yoke is plenty long enough.
    Just a regular guy.

Found something called the Alternative Hitch Assembly which is bolt ons. Now, I just have to figure out my axel width.
    Get some Cycle Snack!

Iron Horse MKIII
    Q Ball 29er
    Fetish Fixed-ation 69er

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Other ideas

Same problem -- wore a hole in the fabric. Later figured out that the cloth can be unscrewed right there where it rubs and left to drape down and out of the way. Still get rubbing on right turns (only) but it's just noise now. Try a smaller tire with a round tread -- FastTrac works pretty well, but Jones (XR? I can never remember) should be better. Also found that with sliding dropouts there was some wiggle room in wheel mounting/chain length. Finally, agreed the axel mount should be the best solution.

Edit to add: P.S. The 29er seems to spit more sand and dust into my kid's face, but I figure that's good training, . . . or something?