Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 645
  1. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    30
    5'10" rider here...i went with a large based on a TT measurement similar to my large el mariachi, which fits me well. i pulled the trigger last weekend (went with mojito) and am eagerly awaiting the bike's arrival. one package is due here monday, but the other hasn't shipped yet so i'm not sure what's up; hopefully they threw everything in one box.

    right now the plan is to swap the 2.3 nevegals to my el mariachi, and move 2.2 x-kings to the luddite, both set up tubeless. figure that should drop a bit of weight from the luddite, and i've been wanting to go a bit larger on the el mar for a while.

    i'll chime in with something after i get it rolling.

  2. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    not sure what reservations you might have, but their customer service is top flight, and looks like their builds are too, this is a pick of the packaged bike from the on test review dgaddis already posted



    im also in the not concerned about the weight category, it seems to come in 1 or 2 pounds at least below comparable bikes (monocog flight, kona unit) from what ive seen posted by others here on mtbr
    I'm not concerned - just curious as to what the build was like. All my experience with HnR and all Backcounty companies has been top flight.

    On the weight front, just tires and light tubes or a tubeless conversion would do wonders.

  3. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by rocktownrook View Post
    5'10" rider here...i went with a large based on a TT measurement similar to my large el mariachi, which fits me well. i pulled the trigger last weekend (went with mojito) and am eagerly awaiting the bike's arrival. one package is due here monday, but the other hasn't shipped yet so i'm not sure what's up; hopefully they threw everything in one box.

    right now the plan is to swap the 2.3 nevegals to my el mariachi, and move 2.2 x-kings to the luddite, both set up tubeless. figure that should drop a bit of weight from the luddite, and i've been wanting to go a bit larger on the el mar for a while.

    i'll chime in with something after i get it rolling.
    Cool! Make sure to post some photos. I like that color a lot, but I think I'll go with Orange.

  4. #79
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    589
    Quote Originally Posted by rocktownrook View Post
    5'10" rider here...i went with a large based on a TT measurement similar to my large el mariachi, which fits me well.
    It'll be interesting to see if you have any standover clearance. I'm the same height, and don't have any clearance.

  5. #80
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    wish the mojito came with the matte fork that the orange comes with...not a fan of glossy or orange

  6. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Just got back from my ride this morning. I love it but it's going to take some getting used to. This is my first single speed and my first 29er.

    Before my ride. Nice and clean...



    And during...


  7. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyFeet33 View Post
    Just got back from my ride this morning. I love it but it's going to take some getting used to. This is my first single speed and my first 29er.

    Before my ride. Nice and clean...



    And during...

    Looking good! What size?

  8. #83
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    I got a large. I'm 6' 1" and it seems perfect for me.

  9. #84
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    fyi, all sizes come with a 100mm stem according to CC

  10. #85
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    589
    Oh yeah - put a piece of tape between the front brake cable housing and the fork, right where it first touches it on the crown, just above the top guide. Mine got scuffed up, tape will keep that from happening.

  11. #86
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    187
    Nice looking bike. Thanks for the photos.

  12. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    After looking at these photos, I just realized that Clayton is on the inside of my fork giving a salute. Pretty sweet. I love the attention to detail Tyson used when designing these bikes. I haven't seen anything else like them.

  13. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by clewttu View Post
    wish the mojito came with the matte fork that the orange comes with...not a fan of glossy or orange
    This is weird; the flat would look cool on the green too. Not a fan of gloss anything on MTBs.

  14. #89
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyFeet33 View Post
    After looking at these photos, I just realized that Clayton is on the inside of my fork giving a salute. Pretty sweet. I love the attention to detail Tyson used when designing these bikes. I haven't seen anything else like them.
    As a graphic designer and marketing guy, I love how well the graphics are done. I can't stand must bike graphics (sorry).

  15. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Possum Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    463
    Nice pics!!!!
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

  16. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    I'm a designer too and I totally agree. Most bikes are hideously designed with logos and crap all over the place. That's part of the reason why I bought a Civilian. All of their stuff is tasteful and understated. Their whole brand has been executed extremely well in my opinion.

  17. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Possum Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    463
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Hack View Post
    As a graphic designer and marketing guy, I love how well the graphics are done. I can't stand must bike graphics (sorry).
    Same here. I love the clean and uncluttered look.
    Ride Bikes
    Drink Beer

  18. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Kona does a pretty good job with their bikes too. But I think Civilian has nailed it.

  19. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyFeet33 View Post
    I'm a designer too and I totally agree. Most bikes are hideously designed with logos and crap all over the place. That's part of the reason why I bought a Civilian. All of their stuff is tasteful and understated. Their whole brand has been executed extremely well in my opinion.
    You are right. Typically you have to pay for some really high-end esoteric frame to get clean design. The overall branding is excellent and appears much higher end than the prices would indicate. If they're owned by Backcountry, that would also make sense as their sites and branding are pretty good overall.

  20. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Zakman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    147
    Mine is coming on Tuesday. I hope to read some reviews after this weekend from the guys who already got them. Hint hint.

  21. #96
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2

    Young Turk

    I purchased the Young Turk a week ago and I have ridden the young turk twice now and I love it. Awesome bike. I am a 220 lb rider and it handles my weight well (I need to lose about 20 lbs). Not too whippy, and the bike just feels good all around. I used to ride an FSR, and I definitely like the Turk a lot better. The bike gives you some different options like running single speed, which I may try at some point.

    Bottom line, the bike looks awesome and rides awesome. Definitely recommend it. I will post some photos when I get the chance.

  22. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippa Shredda View Post
    I purchased the Young Turk a week ago and I have ridden the young turk twice now and I love it. Awesome bike. I am a 220 lb rider and it handles my weight well (I need to lose about 20 lbs). Not too whippy, and the bike just feels good all around. I used to ride an FSR, and I definitely like the Turk a lot better. The bike gives you some different options like running single speed, which I may try at some point.

    Bottom line, the bike looks awesome and rides awesome. Definitely recommend it. I will post some photos when I get the chance.
    Same situation as me! Very different from my FSR, it tracks and rolls/carries it momentum better.

    Just now see Competitive Cyclist selling them for $1149
    If you on the fence about getting either SS or geared version, I say go for it w/ these prices.

  23. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3,248
    Quote Originally Posted by Rippa Shredda View Post
    I purchased the Young Turk a week ago and I have ridden the young turk twice now and I love it. Awesome bike. I am a 220 lb rider and it handles my weight well (I need to lose about 20 lbs). Not too whippy, and the bike just feels good all around. I used to ride an FSR, and I definitely like the Turk a lot better. The bike gives you some different options like running single speed, which I may try at some point.

    Bottom line, the bike looks awesome and rides awesome. Definitely recommend it. I will post some photos when I get the chance.
    How's the paint on the bike? The reason I ask is that I was planning to get one for my wife and then Huck N Roll pulled them from the site and when I enquired, they said some had bad paint jobs and they were inspecting all the bikes.

    Where did you get it from? If they're 1149, that is a screaming deal. The fork isn't cheap.

  24. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2
    No issues with the paint or anything with the frame. Pretty well set up from the get go. For the price, I think it is a fairly good deal. Not that it matters much, but the understated graphics are pretty cool. I am not a designer, nor do I know anything about graphics, but I love the way the bike looks. If there are issues with it, it is nothing I am aware of. Great clearance with the single gear up front too.

  25. #100
    meh
    Reputation: clewttu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,075
    well, i just ordered mine
    btw:
    2 day free shipping through backcountry
    free economy shipping and free jersey through huck-n-roll
    no deals from competitive cyclist

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •