mtbr member
    Jul 2006

Anyone running 26/39 on a Nimble 9 (or Yelli)?

If so what crank did you use and how much spacing? I have 22/36 on mine right now but would really like to run 26/39. If that won't work I may go back to 1x9. The 22/36 is not really the best for my area and riding style.
    I am more of a masher and the lowest couple of gears don't do me any favors because spinning makes me more tired than a slower mash plus if I climbing steep in that lowest gear or two my front wheel ain't on the ground anywhoo. I like the idea of the 26/39 because I could actually use the 26-34 low gear and the 39 would be great for downhill fire roads and riding the road.

So what set ups have you used with success on either the Nimble or the Yelli (which ultimatly i may end up with)?

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I have a Sram XO 39/26T crank I'll trade.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Kudos to you WVJon75 for needing the 26....I'm running 26/39 on my XC race bike and wished I strong enough to turn that 26 consistently. I need a 22 or 24.all too often.
    Regarding the Canfield Bros bike's that you are specifically asking about, while I haven't owned one, there are enough articles on the internet with many different combinations of crank setups that would have me believe the option you want is quite doable. I'm also thinking that .Bird's offer on the XO package will be hard to beat.Good luck.

Bill J

AOK
    mtbr member
    I ran my Nimble 9 for a while with XO cranks using 39/26 rings with no issues. Currently running a 1x10 setup using XO cranks with a direct mount 28T MRP bling ring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    i have a Yelli that I ran a XT 770 crank with a 26/36 set up with 1 extra .7mm spacer to get clearance for the rings.
    I now have a Rotor 3d XC2 crank with 27/36 rings....and I did not need the extra spacer