mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Anthem 29er X1 how to put my rear shock back in. Exploded diagram anywhere?

I hope this is the right forum, my search came up empty.

2011 Giant Anthem X1 (Chrome) - did I mention I love this bike?????

I just got my rear shock back from warranty work and I was going to put it back in, but I can't find the sticky note I made on where the spacers went, since it has been several months.
    Does anyone have an exploded diagram or maybe have made a note (and not lost it) when taking out the rear shock?

Also, the settings appear to have been changed. Does anyone know the default settings for the shock?

Thanks, Tim
    (3 weeks until my March break trip to Virginia!)
    Tim
    When all is said and done, it seems that more gets said than done.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I don't have an answer for you, but since your getting no response here you might want to post it in the Giant Anthem thread. I'm sure someone there can help you..

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I got a 2012 Anthem with Fox Shocks and took photos. If you like PM me your email.
    Bill

mtbr member
    Lower shock tab - thin washers between linkage and frame, thick washers on either side of shock tab. Push the bolt from the drive side through linkage, then thin washer, then thick washer to hold it all together while you align shock and 2nd thick washer, (second thin washer will usually stay put between linkage and frame. Do all of this with rear wheel removed and upper shock loosely installed. Starting pressure in shock should be 5 lbs under body weight, then check sag - looking for 8 to 10mm or 20 to 25 %.
    Sun Summit South in Hailey, Idaho
    http://crankandcarve.webs.com/

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    All I remember when I did mine, was, it was much easier to lay the bike down on it's side when sliding everythingthing together