Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Am ss?

  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3

    Am ss?

    Am a SS fan in the 29 variety. So . . . want more action up at Tahoe & Downieyville. Like dirt jump bikes, but bigger? New Fox Talus 34 is in a nice performance spot and QR seatposts were popular for a reason. Why not an AM SS? Here’s a first crack at one . . . any ideas along these lines?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Am ss?-am-ss-sm.jpg  


  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,189
    Nimble 9 seems right up your alley.

  3. #3
    Glutton for punishment
    Reputation: ScottN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    575
    I have a Nimble 9 set up as SS with a 120 fork. It's as AM as I need it to be.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: dRjOn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    1,678
    ...
    Last edited by dRjOn; 05-18-2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: irrelevant

  5. #5
    local trails rider
    Reputation: perttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    11,774
    My 26er 2soulscycles was pretty much along those lines.
    Then I got a Chromag and put a tall rigid DJ fork on it....

    "it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

  6. #6
    jk
    jk is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: jk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    83

    Am ss?

    Am ss?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1368868238.130841.jpg

    Here is mine
    A9C
    WB Loop 100mm
    Reverb
    Arch/King
    XT brakes/crank
    Niner carbon bar
    Yadayadayada

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    34
    I think 2SoulsCycles slim jim / qh is as close as it gets if thinking of a large dj. Here's my ss slim jim.

  8. #8
    oh crap...
    Reputation: farmerfrederico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    497
    REEB and Lenz Milk Money 4.0?
    Grow some food for yourself.

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    2,675
    Banshee paradox

  10. #10
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    175

    Am ss?

    You AM SS riders are my heroes. Bringing simplicity to enduro style riding. Bonus kudos if you leave from your house to the trails on your bike. My friend out in Idaho rides like that. He wanted a bike that could handle the terrain but overspent on frame fork and brakes so he went SS and never looked back. I am working my way up to be strong enough for longer climbs on my SS.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,651
    Kona Honzo with 140mm fork. I still need to take mine up to Downieville and Northstar, but so far it rocks. Had it out at Soquel recently and it loves to jump and is much more forgiving on the downhills than my SIR9. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than the WFO it replaced, although it definitely takes more of a toll after landing those big airs.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    168
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor29 View Post
    Kona Honzo with 140mm fork. I still need to take mine up to Downieville and Northstar, but so far it rocks. Had it out at Soquel recently and it loves to jump and is much more forgiving on the downhills than my SIR9. I actually enjoyed it a lot more than the WFO it replaced, although it definitely takes more of a toll after landing those big airs.
    So you happy with the Honzo over the WFO? I've got both and am thinking about moving the WFO on - too much bike for 90% of my rides and too little fork for the other 10%.

    Unfortunately though, the Honzo is stripped so I can't just back to back them on the same trails.

    To the OP, my Nimble 9 is my SS AM.

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Captain_America1976's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,548
    Quote Originally Posted by n plus one View Post

    To the OP, my Nimble 9 is my SS AM.
    Mine too. 120mm fork, Ardent 2.4 front a rear with the rear wheel way forward, and a dropper post to top it all off. I love it.

  14. #14
    human dehumidifier
    Reputation: wv_bob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4,813
    Coincidence? I was thinking yesterday about converting my N9 back to SS duty.
    I Just Wasn't Made For These Times

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •