Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Master of the Obvious
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    Nice bike but not AM.

But its ALL his bike on a MOUNTAIN.....
    Check out my Blog!
    Yes ! I am posting on my Blog again! come visit!

mtbr member
    New fork fitted: Black Beauty just got more beautiful and serious
    So far the new 34 terra fork is a 10/10, stiffer, plush and I use the travel adjust alot, 110 for climbing and tight tecky stuff, open it up for the rest. I'm afraid the old Reba 120mm was pants in comparison. The Yelli has really ramped up, personnally I can't see why anyone would want a 100mm fs
    The only negative about the fork I would say is the price, I got mine from the US £580, if I had got one in the UK £980 Is any fork worth it that much?
    This is going to the Alps with me next year

mtbr member
    Great upgrade!!!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    neat thread. more lusty bikes, please.

And He was Not
    I've had several 29 XC machines this is MY first 29 trail bike. Fun Bike.

The Truth is out there. Here it isThe TRUTH

Trail Prospector
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster1200 View Post
    I've posted this before, but I'll gladly post it again!

With the fork at 120 mm, the head tube angle is 67.5 degrees with a 12" BB height. Chainstays are at 16-5/8".

This thing is a ripper!
    Okay, I'll bite.. Post #19 What make / model?
    The best is the one you want to ride most often..

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    IIRC he built it himself. Worth PM'ing him about it.

Old school BMXer
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyin_W View Post
    As eurospek replied, I built it myself. That bike has been a ton of fun to ride. However, since we now have newborn twins in the house, I don't get to ride as often, and it's a little tough pulling the hills.

So...I'm just now finishing up a geared bike with similar geometry. I have a few details to finish, and hopefully I'll have it to the powdercoater this week. I'll post pics when it's done!
    May the air be filled with tires!

mtbr member
    May 2010

I call it the do it ALL bike

I play in the rough and then just change the stem lenght and wheel set and endurance race it for fun.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AM-Hardtail Gallery-copy-banshee-bike-021.jpg  

Hardtails are for the road, Full Sus is for the dirt. Guess what...PARADOX... Its wrong that a Hardtail can be this much..FUN

Bikes!
    Oops!

Last edited by Just J; 11-22-2011 at 10:47 AM. Reason: Because I am nuckin' futs!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just J View Post
    Just built this up today:

Untitled by Jamie Whitfield, on Flickr

Error 404: 29er not found.

Bikes!
    Ooops! Sorry guys I didn't notice that I'd posted in the wrong place, I'll sort that and post my 29er early next year!
    2014 Yeti SB95c
    2014 Trek Stache 8
    2013 Trek CrossRip Elite
    2015 Trek Farley 8

Made to Shred

More Mountain

Kristofer Henry - 44 BIKES - Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com - 44 Flickr - 44 Facebook

mtbr member

Not custom, but I wouldn't change a thing.

Built it myself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails AM-Hardtail Gallery-img_1522.jpg  

mtbr member
    ^ Hottest Honzo around. BTW, that shop you recommended for the black Floats still hasn't replied to an email lol, guess they don't need the business. Picked up a Rockshox Revelation RLT 140 anyway and couldn't be happier.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    ^ Hottest Honzo around. BTW, that shop you recommended for the black Floats still hasn't replied to an email lol, guess they don't need the business. Picked up a Rockshox Revelation RLT 140 anyway and couldn't be happier.
    Thanks. Are you building up a Honzo, or is it for something else?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by carabao View Post
    Thanks. Are you building up a Honzo, or is it for something else?
    ATM, I'm just stock piling parts for a HT 29er build for next season. Had a Canfield Yelli Screamy frame, but turns out with the 20" ST, I would be sitting lower than on my current 19.5" Transition TransAM 26er. Sold it this week. Bigger diameter Thomson posts have less useable length it turns out. Was planning on a Transition TransAM 29er afterwards but it turns out you can only use 2.4 Ardents (or similar volume tires) with a 1x9 drivetrain. I need my granny gear lol. Been talking with Chromag about the Surface 29er, and it fits the bill quite nice, excellent geometry, 21" ST, and massive chainstay clearance with a 2.4 Ardent and 2x10 or even 3x10 cranks. Maybe Santa will be good this year for me?

mtbr member
    ATM, I'm just stock piling parts for a HT 29er build for next season. Had a Canfield Yelli Screamy frame, but turns out with the 20" ST, I would be sitting lower than on my current 19.5" Transition TransAM 26er. Sold it this week. Bigger diameter Thomson posts have less useable length it turns out. Was planning on a Transition TransAM 29er afterwards but it turns out you can only use 2.4 Ardents (or similar volume tires) with a 1x9 drivetrain. I need my granny gear lol. Been talking with Chromag about the Surface 29er, and it fits the bill quite nice, excellent geometry, 21" ST, and massive chainstay clearance with a 2.4 Ardent and 2x10 or even 3x10 cranks. Maybe Santa will be good this year for me?
    Good call.

mtbr member
    Feb 2011

minute 29

hey, does anybody know the length of stanchions(upper legs) of 120 mm 29inch MINUTE from crown to the end?

mtbr member
    I had to Google the Surface, looking good.

CHROMAG GO BIG | Spoke Magazine

mtbr member
    Here's mine

local trails rider
    By:Stickel and Wolfhound?

... not bad ...

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

local trails rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortyfour View Post
    That looks good!

Is different sizing included in your "stock design" prices? What about tube selection for rider weight etc?

Your website looks otherwise nice but some of the texts are not readable on a small screen or in a window that does not cover the whole screen. There might be a line break missing somewhere there too.

"it IS possible that you are faster or slower than anybody else who is having at least as much if not more or less fun"

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I would like to add my bike to this thread. I believe it falls into this category, it is more mountain than less mountain. Steel with a 120mm fork and a pretty slack head angle. You can really roll back off the saddle and cut loose on the descents. Stan's Flows and Kenda Karma 2.2s (my favorites, I think you can really push these suckers when they are tubeless) on the way as an early Christmas present to myself. The parts configuration is not really all that aggressive with retention systems and stuff because it does pull double duty as a commuter with my modified road wheelset on it.

Post stealth mission.

Made to Shred
    Quote Originally Posted by perttime View Post

Your website looks otherwise nice but some of the texts are not readable on a small screen or in a window that does not cover the whole screen. There might be a line break missing somewhere there too.
    I'm putting together an update for the site after the holidays. I'll address these issues which have popped up over the past year as individuals have given me great feedback. (Thanks for your thoughts.) Along with brewing the coffee and sweeping the floors, I also build the website which has a bit of a learning curve so my apologies if things don't jive on every screen and operating system. It's best viewed in Safari, Firefox and Chrome. Concentrating on finishing tooling, installing lighting in the shop and building out the rest of the shop space before the snow arrives. PM sent regarding your other questions. I update my flickr site weekly with progress.

On another note: Everyone's builds are very inspiring. Makes me want to go out and ride!
    Kristofer Henry - 44 BIKES - Made to Shred™
    www.44bikes.com - 44 Flickr - 44 Facebook

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast