mtbr member
    May 2013

to all the Salsa Fargo owners...!

I need an help from all the Fargo owers, better if some of them also tested or owned an On One Inred 29er.
    This summer I will spend my holiday for a long bikepacking trip around the Italian Dolomites, when I took this decision around 1 month ago, I immediately started to think about the perfect bike for this job.
    I built a cheap (but great!) Inbred frame with low components, just to make a test about the kind of bike "mtb-with-dropbar", the result was.....GREAT!!!
    I love this bike, it can give me an amount of fun in all the situation, it's fast in all the conditions that I can image (but the pure offroad downhill of course).

This test was absolutely positive, therefore I would like to build now again since the beginning an high-end bike like this because it's really too funny!

For this reason I'm now in a great debate with myself, the point is: is it better to keep the Inbred and just upgrade some componentes like the wheels (that now are poor) or take the chance to sell the Inbred and build a brand new Fargo?

Does anybody is able to convice me that the Fargo will be totally better that this Inbred or it will be so similar?
    I love this Inbred but in fact I never rode a Fargo, it's always in my mind when I think about the ride, and this year should be the right year to do that.

Pls help me with your suggestions!

Thank you!
    Paolo

my Inbred:
    to all the Salsa Fargo owners...!-img_3476.jpgto all the Salsa Fargo owners...!-img_3475.jpgto all the Salsa Fargo owners...!-img_3512.jpgto all the Salsa Fargo owners...!-img_3511.jpg

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    I have close to 7000 miles on my Fargo. Great bike! Long, stable and carries a load well. Not the most inspiring ride though. I would go with what you have. Searching for the perfect bike is great fun, but you seem to like the Ogre. Improve it to your satisfaction and go. I have seen people out on really nice bikes and others on bikes that I would be embarrassed to be seen on. We all have the same fun, some just are content to be out doing it . Just my $.02. Harry

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    If the fit is right stay with it. Fargo would have slightly heavier gauge tubing to carry loads, but that makes it slightly less compliant on unloaded riding. I am a Salsa fan but I have considered an Inbred for a drop bar bike because the top tube on Fargo is too tall for my short legs. Your setup looks great, what do you need to upgrade besides the wheels?