mtbr member
    Mar 2013

Airborne Hobgoblin XO

I just learned of this company but cannot find many reviews on the XO model. Can anyone give me some insight or feed back?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I can tell you this, that value wise it's really good. I have an original Green Goblin, and I have been riding the crap out of it for a year. They are a great company with excellent customer service.

SSolo
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by FullsizeMike View Post
    I can tell you this, that value wise it's really good. I have an original Green Goblin, and I have been riding the crap out of it for a year. They are a great company with excellent customer service.
    From what I've read they have good customer service and I was definitely impressed with what you get for your money. Nice looking frames too.
    Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life son...

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I guess I am just a doubter and always think if it is to good to be true it must be. I am caught deciding if I should get the hobgoblin xo or a used bike at the same price range the problem is i can get the hobgoblin with a great component group and a good frame or a really good frame and a decent component group from a used bike.

Airborne Flight Crew
    *biased* reply, as I'm affiliated with Airborne.... just throwing that out there.

I wouldn't have any reservations about the frame not being up to par with any of the big names. I've been riding an X7 Hobgoblin since December, and have put it through the ringer, riding it in more of an all mountain attitude. I can say, it pedals very much like the Giant Maestro - no bobbing, and very little pedal feedback. It has pretty snappy geometry for XC riding too. With that component spec on the XO, it's an amazing value, I'd rather have a NEW frame with keen components that an used frame with okay stuff...

There's a couple guys in the Airborne Forum that have purchased them recently, cruise by there and ask questions...
    Airborne Flight Crew

Jerry Hazard website

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I think I feel the same way I was looking at maybe an ibis mojo sl or a santa cruz tall boy but used with a decent group set cost what a hobgoblin costs new and new is new.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by spartacuslv View Post
    I think I feel the same way I was looking at maybe an ibis mojo sl or a santa cruz tall boy but used with a decent group set cost what a hobgoblin costs new and new is new.
    As much as I love my TBc, keep in mind used means no warranty.
    13 Lenz Lunchbox punkass

TXTony
    I bought a Airborne Goblin. Have never regretted the purchase. Great value for the dollar. Great customer service and a active company with its customers.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Yes the warranty will be nice I just wish I could ride one before I sent the money I think that s the hard part.

Sleek Jamis Exile Rider

Airborne Hobgoblin XO

Quote Originally Posted by spartacuslv View Post
    Yes the warranty will be nice I just wish I could ride one before I sent the money I think that s the hard part.
    I'm in a similar boat. I'm impressed with the specs on the (hob)goblin. The problem is that no one near me has one of these bikes so I can't ride one.

I purchase other types of equipment online for my work all the time, but I'm familiar with what I buy because I use it.

Purchasing a bike online is risky to me. I don't want to buy a (hob)goblin and it not be what I need it to be. Ie light, durable, and a blast to ride.

I can read what some of you guys who took the risk. I haven't gotten my head around that you might be on to something.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I would have to agree I know in the world of bikes $3000 is not a lot but it is a lot to me. I am a touch it and feel it buyer and I would like to ride I can assure myself that it fits and feels good to me.

mtbr member
    I know what it's like to want to get a feel for a bike by throwing a leg over it. After not riding since getting my driver's license nearly 15 years ago I did a few demos at local shops on Trek, Giant, Spec., GT, etc. Then I found Airborne on here, read some reviews, and did a lot of research. In the end I bought an Airborne Goblin (first Gen green bike) and I couldn't be more happy. The bike has done everything I need it to and it still has more capability than I have skill so I will grow with the bike. I've also done a demo ride on a HobGoblin (perks of being local to Airborne) and can tell you that I will be adding one to my "stable" this summer. I couldn't get over the way the HobGoblin pedals, absorbs bumps (obvious) and corners. Yeah, I feel it corners just as good as or better than my Goblin. When you put your weight through the pedals it just hunkers down and carves through the corners.

So, I wouldn't worry about quality or think these bikes are inferior to the big names. Jerry puts these bikes through their paces and the guys at Airborne ride nearly every day and test the bikes and make adjustments and changes before production.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Thanks for the feed back it is good to hear

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    What did you end up deciding?

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I am still undecided I have to go and demo some bike and see what I think feels good to me. I am not in a hurry to buy anything so I am just trying to learn as much as I can so I can try to make an informed decision.

mtbr member
    I don't know how I missed this thread but anyway. I have the XO! Its to good and its true! The bike is light for an aluminum bike, it handles awesome on down hills and climbing, climbs great hardly any pedal bob, the component set up is just sweet, it shifts flawlessly. The front reba fork speaks for its self and the monarch does what its supposed to do on a 100mm travel bike. if you live in the central Florida area id let you ride mine. If you don't like the bike when you get it they have a 30 money back guarantee. And a 5 year warranty on the frame! Hard to beat. If your worried about your LBS working on it don't as my local shop loves the bike. The only thing they don't like is the customers asking if he has any more of those black airborne hobgoblins in stock!!! If you have any other questions about the bike don't hesitate to ask. Hope this helps.