I'm in my mid 30s, trying to decide onto a new bike after a decade long brake. I plan to ride mostly on light to intermediate trails on weekends (nothing too technical) and use it to commute to work on roads/urban trails during the week.
I was wondering if someone can tell me anything about the Ghost brand and their parts below? I cannot seem to find any decent review of this new bike model. This is what it say on their website:
Ghost SE 2970
The 29'er wheels have the mechanics of size to help them maintain momentum and roll smoothly over rough trails. Large scale disc brakes control your velocity and premium Shimano® components provide fast reliable shifting so you can pinpoint your focus on the curves and swerves ahead.
- 7000 series aluminum frame is strong and durable, while keeping the weight low and the cost reasonable.
- Tapered head tube is wider at the bottom for better force transfer from the fork to the frame. The increased stiffness offers direct, reactive steering.
- Continuous cable housing so dirt and grit can't get in to affect shifting performance.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rock Solid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC Bike Shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ghost Bikes are designed in Waldsassen, Germany. Every model reflects a deep passion for cycling and meticulous attention to detail. (Made in Taiwan).
Weight 13.98kg (48 cm)
Frame Ghost SE 29 7005 DB aluminum
Fork RockShox XC 32 PopLoc
Stem Ghost light AS-007N 31.8mm
Seatpost Ghost light SP DC
Headset Ritchey tapered
Handlebars Ghost Flat light 31.8mm
Front Travel 100mm
Grips/Tape Ghost lock-on
Brakes Shimano M395 (hydraulic disc)
Brake Levers Shimano M395 Disc
Shifters Shimano SLX SL
Derailleur (Front) Shimano SLX
Derailleur (Rear) Shimano XT
Crank + Rings Shimano FCM 552 42-32-24T
Bottom Bracket Shimano BB-51 BSA
Pedals Sold separately
Hub (Front) Shimano 435 Disc
Hub (Rear) Shimano 435 Disc
Cassette SRAM PG 1030 10-speed 11-36T
Spokes DT Competition
Rims Ryde Taurus
Tires Schwalbe Smart Sam 29 x 2.1
Saddle Ghost VL 1535
Ghost SE 2970 Bicycle (Unisex) - Mountain Equipment Co-op. Free Shipping Available
I was also thinking about Airborne Goblin - it seems great, but it has an extra $300 shipping charge to Canada, so I am leaning towards the Ghost, since my budget is $1300.
Airborne Goblin 29er Hardtail Reviews
I would like to hear any opinions about the Ghost frames, this fork, and brakes. How do these breaks compare to Goblin ones? Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Thread: Advice about Ghost SE 2970