Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

918xc.com joins Hammerhead Bikes

Hello fellow 29er fans! This is Scott Robertson w/ 918xc.com
    We wanted to share some exciting news about the Future of Hammerhead Bikes & 918XC.com.

I have attached the Official Press Release about the Merger as well as a link to our new Hammerheadbikes.com website.
    Hammerheadbikes.com - Your 29er Source

The 918XC.com domain name will forward to the new site & we will be changing over our MTBR profile info to Hammerheadbikes.com.

We are extremely excited about this Merger, have some really get things in the works, & look forward to an exciting future.
    If you have questions please feel free to post here, call us at 918-794-8356 or e-mail me at sales@918xc.com

One last thing: .Cody will still be a part of the "new" Hammerhead bikes....HH is his baby...he will still have his HH e-mail, Forum profiles/admin status, FB page Admin status, etc

Thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

transmitter~receiver
    interesting...
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 918XC View Post
    Hello fellow 29er fans! This is Scott Robertson w/ 918xc.com
    We wanted to share some exciting news about the Future of Hammerhead Bikes & 918XC.com.

I have attached the Official Press Release about the Merger as well as a link to our new Hammerheadbikes.com website.
    Hammerheadbikes.com - Your 29er Source

The 918XC.com domain name will forward to the new site & we will be changing over our MTBR profile info to Hammerheadbikes.com.

We are extremely excited about this Merger, have some really get things in the works, & look forward to an exciting future.
    If you have questions please feel free to post here, call us at 918-794-8356 or e-mail me at sales@918xc.com

One last thing: .Cody will still be a part of the "new" Hammerhead bikes....HH is his baby...he will still have his HH e-mail, Forum profiles/admin status, FB page Admin status, etc

Thank you
    Interesting. And the forum will be back when?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunrugger View Post
    Interesting. And the forum will be back when?
    We are working hard on that....website transitions can take longer than planned sometimes. We will post once it is live again.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    interesting...
    Do you have concerns?

transmitter~receiver
    Do you have concerns?
    Not at all.
    I just live in Austin and know Cody and HH... it was a closet bump to see if anyone else chimed in.
    Sounds like y'all bought him out, but it's not really any of my business.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvd
    Time to stop believing the hype and start doing some science.
    29er Tire Weight Database

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by meltingfeather View Post
    Not at all.
    I just live in Austin and know Cody and HH... it was a closet bump to see if anyone else chimed in.
    Sounds like y'all bought him out, but it's not really any of my business.
    Ha! Good bump....HH is definitely Cody's baby....he still involved & will be a key part of HH in Austin still. This is a great merger...we have brands HH Austin was unable to offer, we will be shipping Lonestar Overnight for Free on orders over $100.
    We are here 24/7 w/ the site, and pretty much all waking hours w/ our iPhones, iPads, etc!
    Hammerheadbikes.com really looks forward to keeping the great service going forward.

Oh...our site will be switching between Live & Under Construction for the next 24-48 hours as we are transitioning everything over. Thank you for your patience on that

Scott

Never Satisfied...
    Jan 2009
    Ha! Good bump....HH is definitely Cody's baby....he still involved & will be a key part of HH in Austin still. This is a great merger...we have brands HH Austin was unable to offer, we will be shipping Lonestar Overnight for Free on orders over $100.
    We are here 24/7 w/ the site, and pretty much all waking hours w/ our iPhones, iPads, etc!
    Hammerheadbikes.com really looks forward to keeping the great service going forward.

Oh...our site will be switching between Live & Under Construction for the next 24-48 hours as we are transitioning everything over. Thank you for your patience on that

Scott
    I can attest to that....

I just had a great experience dealing with Scott on my 2012 El Mar frame (excellent communication from start to finish).....

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I know very little about Hammerhead and even less about 918xc.......but I wanted to wish you good luck with the venture.

The little that I had heard about Hammerhead in the past (I almost bought an old Hammerhead Titus Racer X frame but it sold just before I got to it) was very good.

Once again...best of luck.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    ooppss

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie1992 View Post
    I know very little about Hammerhead and even less about 918xc.......but I wanted to wish you good luck with the venture.
    The little that I had heard about Hammerhead in the past (I almost bought an old Hammerhead Titus Racer X frame but it sold just before I got to it) was very good.
    Once again...best of luck.
    Thank you! We are working hard on becoming more familiar to people out here in 29er land. We are rolling out a new site, that will have all the info about us hope to have it live later tonight

In the meantime here is a rundown of my personal 29er experience:
    I converted to 29ers in 2005. It was during one of my yearly pilgrimages to Interbike, I saw the Kermit Green SIR9 Niner had on display.
    It blew me away, loud & beautiful Kermit Green paint, build kit all chromed out, set up SS, but could also go both ways. SS & Geared, get your mind out of the gutter!

I had been doing a lot of research about 29ers and was leaning that way, then seeing that bike sealed the deal. I placed an order for a Kermit Green SIR9 the second I was back home & haven't looked back.

Since then here is a rundown of some of the 29ers I have Owned:
    Titus RX Aluminum, Titanium, & Exogrid (was a rep for Titus)
    Titus FCR Titanium HT
    Bianchi Rita (was a rep for Bianchi)
    Niner SIR9 - Geared & SS, ONE9, EMD9, Mcr9, AIR9, JET9 (all three versions) Geared & SS,
    RIP9 - two set ups: 120mm/QR Rear & 140mm/Maxle Rear
    SC Tallboy (Monarch & RP23)(Geared & SS)
    Lenzsport Leviathan 4", Lenzsport Milk Money
    Lynskey Pro29 & Pro29 Lefty
    Salsa Spearfish, Dos Niner, Selma, Selma Ti
    Ellsworth Evolution, Evolve

Thanks for getting to know us a bit....
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Shop Owner/Frame Builder
    May 2004

Scott
    Yes this is a very exciting thing thats going on right now!

In essence, I feel like HH as its been known lately has been stalled out to some extent. I know that we have done some great things with the brand, its image, and depth of knowledge. However, with 918xc's resources and infrastructure, we can now do things that had been previously impossible.

As Scott mentions, the immediate transition is underway as we get the website and social media details worked out. The forum should be up right soon and we can get back to all the usual goodness over there. This should really free up some of my time to do some of the things I enjoy the most...promoting the sport and culture of "cycling".

Thanks
    CJB
    cody AT hammerheadbicycles.com
    www.HammerheadBicycles.com
    Austin's dirty little secret

www.TrueFabricationBicycles.com
    Texas Born; Texas Bred

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Congratulations on the new venture. Will there still be a local HH shop in Austin? Same one?
    If you're really honest about it, they're all "cheater lines".

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by attaboy View Post
    Congratulations on the new venture. Will there still be a local HH shop in Austin? Same one?
    Thank you very much....Doug McAfee will still be available to help w/ local/Austin service/repairs. We are working on the best way to coordinate that, will post updates as we have them.

Scott

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Does this mean I get to ride with my friend again? I hear he still owns a few bikes.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    Is Ray still with 918 / Hammerhead?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by batokstate View Post
    Is Ray still with 918 / Hammerhead?
    He sure is

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Wow, you almost did not have a choice on which of the two names you had to choose from.

Considering that HH is my shop of choice I wish you the best of luck.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    I have known Scott for a long time
    he's good people as we say in Texas

I am very happy for him and think there will be some REALLY exciting stuff coming out of HH

LONG LIVE HAMMERHEAD!!!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles_Coker View Post
    I have known Scott for a long time
    he's good people as we say in Texas

I am very happy for him and think there will be some REALLY exciting stuff coming out of HH

LONG LIVE HAMMERHEAD!!!
    Thank you Charles! Excited to be carrying the torch!

mtbr member
    HH Forum is poop now, spammers paradise. Dirty Rides is all spam.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunrugger View Post
    HH Forum is poop now, spammers paradise. Dirty Rides is all spam.
    It sure is...sucks...we are battling it hard...something has happened to the anti-spam security settings since the transition, having a hard time resolving the issue. We are on it and will get it squared away

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerheadbikes View Post
    It sure is...sucks...we are battling it hard...something has happened to the anti-spam security settings since the transition, having a hard time resolving the issue. We are on it and will get it squared away

So is this taking a lot longer than expected? Is it time to delete the link or what?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by CMP2126 View Post
    So is this taking a lot longer than expected? Is it time to delete the link or what?
    We have had the Forum down for a while....what link are you referring to?

Thanks, Scott

mtbr member
    Oh & yeah....taking a lot longer than expected.....we were having so many issues w/ it and issues getting it back live (the software on the forum is 4+ years old) it was turning out to be a lot bigger project than expected.
    We are still going to revive the forum, it has just had to take a back seat to some other big projects we are rolling out....mainly re-introducing the Bike Brand.
    Again apologies for the Forum totally cratering since we have taken it over, it has definitely been an unexpected problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast