JB

2SoulsCycles Slim Jim

The QH is currently out of stock, but the Slim Jim is essentially the same bike with smaller 27.2 ST and 2.25 rear tire clearance. Also less jack ($), more color options, and available now!

Anyone take taken delivery of one of these bad boys yet?

SlimJim : Details

mtbr member
    Awesome frame!!

With the 27.2mm diameter seatpost, I may just be able to fit the XL instead of waiting for the XXL QH and save about $300/400 in the process.
    konahonzo

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by eurospek View Post
    Awesome frame!!

With the 27.2mm diameter seatpost, I may just be able to fit the XL instead of waiting for the XXL QH and save about $300/400 in the process.
    According to Marc, they're waiting for Reynolds to make the XXL seattube, so who knows when that will be available. I'm leaning towards the XL myself, 20" ST is all I need, and I got LONG legs.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevada 29er View Post
    According to Marc, they're waiting for Reynolds to make the XXL seattube, so who knows when that will be available. I'm leaning towards the XL myself, 20" ST is all I need, and I got LONG legs.
    You're absolutely right, I've been talking with Marc and that's the hold up with the XXL QH.

I have a feeling it's the same with the Slim Jim frame. And I want a new 29er AMHT in time for spring.

IIRC, you're what? 6'6", so if you only need a 20" frame, I may be good then (Only 6'4" and 32/33 inseam). Everyone is steering me clear of the XXL lol. I'm just scared that an XL will be too close to the TransAM which feels cramped.

Are you finding the 20L Honzo too stretched out? The XXL QH/Slim Jim is slightly smaller.

Plus with the 27.2mm diameter post of the Slim Jim, a 410 Thomson post has about an 1' more of useable length than the 30.9 required on the QH.

Time to write Marc an email and see if any XL Slim Jim are available lol.

Plus I'll be saving over $300 or so with the Slim Jim.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Less dropper post options with 27.2 ST.

JB

AM steel hard tail = WIN!

You're absolutely right, I've been talking with Marc and that's the hold up with the XXL QH.

I have a feeling it's the same with the Slim Jim frame. And I want a new 29er AMHT in time for spring.

IIRC, you're what? 6'6", so if you only need a 20" frame, I may be good then (Only 6'4" and 32/33 inseam). Everyone is steering me clear of the XXL lol. I'm just scared that an XL will be too close to the TransAM which feels cramped.

Are you finding the 20L Honzo too stretched out? The XXL QH/Slim Jim is slightly smaller.

Plus with the 27.2mm diameter post of the Slim Jim, a 410 Thomson post has about an 1' more of useable length than the 30.9 required on the QH.

Time to write Marc an email and see if any XL Slim Jim are available lol.

Plus I'll be saving over $300 or so with the Slim Jim.
    Spek, you're totally in XL territory, I wouldn't even think about XXL. Plus, the XL frame already weighs 6.5 lbs, so the XXL might weigh more than the Honzo!

20L Honzo fits like a glove with 65mm stem. Only thing is I have to run extra spacers to get the bars where I want them due to the short HT. I'll probably need a longer stem and setback post for the XL SJ.

Theres a good amount of overlap between these frames (Honzo/SJ) but there's something super cool about this frame, probably the segmented ST and overall lines that appeal to me, and its made in Deutschland!

I did think the Reynolds 853 would make for a lighter frame, but Marc assures this bike is made for serious abuse, a la 140 fork. I run a poor man's dropper post, aka QR clamp, so 27.2 = more weight/$ savings.

mtbr member
    Spek, you're totally in XL territory, I wouldn't even think about XXL. Plus, the XL frame already weighs 6.5 lbs, so the XXL might weigh more than the Honzo!

20L Honzo fits like a glove with 65mm stem. Only thing is I have to run extra spacers to get the bars where I want them due to the short HT. I'll probably need a longer stem and setback post for the XL SJ.

Theres a good amount of overlap between these frames (Honzo/SJ) but there's something super cool about this frame, probably the segmented ST and overall lines that appeal to me, and its made in Deutschland!

I did think the Reynolds 853 would make for a lighter frame, but Marc assures this bike is made for serious abuse, a la 140 fork. I run a poor man's dropper post, aka QR clamp, so 27.2 = more weight/$ savings.
    I couldn't agree more, I fell in love with the QH since I saw it a few months back. And Marc's been real helpfup too along the way.

And hopefully that 2.25 tire clearance is only due to a running a front derailleur, I'm hoping to tuck in a 2.35/2.4 tire in there running only 1x9.

And the 27.2" seat tube allows me to run the Thomson post a little more extended if need be, and like yourself, I don't run a dropper post, nor do I have any plans in the near future for one. And all these dropper compatible seat tubes (30.9, 31.6) require more insertion anyway of the Thomson post, which is the biggest reason why I was set on the XX, as the XL cockpit is already roomier than the TransAM, just a nudge, but that's all I'm looking for.

I already spoke with Marc today and will get back to me with complete pricing and shipping on Monday, along with asking Ingo @ 2SoulsCycles about the XXL downtube availability, but with the 27.2" seatpost size, saving a few hundred $$$, and XL availability now, I'm pretty sold on the Slim Jim XL
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Bring on the QUARTER HORSE!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    I received my Slim Jim yesterday!

****in' great! And yes, it's a 2,4" Ardent in the back.
    Last edited by krull; 02-08-2012 at 03:29 PM.

mtbr member
    I thought you're getting a QH frame, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by krull View Post

****in' great! And yes, it's a 2,4" Ardent in the back.
    That's funny, Ingo told me there's no way to fit a 2.4 Ardent in the back, AT ALL.

Mind posting some chainstay clearance pics with that tire in there? Sliders all the way in?

And I'm slowly over this frame for the time being, the XL SJ/QH is too small, and the XXL is not going to be made any time soon, I'm tired of waiting and want to try a 29er project in time for spring.

Saved myself over $700+ last night and ordered a Kona Honzo 20" frame, plan on running that with a 70/80 Thomson X4 stem and 410 Thomson Setback seatpost and I'm right around the geometry of the XXL QH.
    konahonzo

Plan #123-D
    Sweet ride Krull!
    C'mon lets go for a whirl.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    That's funny, Ingo told me there's no way to fit a 2.4 Ardent in the back, AT ALL.

Mind posting some chainstay clearance pics with that tire in there? Sliders all the way in?

And I'm slowly over this frame for the time being, the XL SJ/QH is too small, and the XXL is not going to be made any time soon, I'm tired of waiting and want to try a 29er project in time for spring.

Saved myself over $700+ last night and ordered a Kona Honzo 20" frame, plan on running that with a 70/80 Thomson X4 stem and 410 Thomson Setback seatpost and I'm right around the geometry of the XXL QH.
    Sliders are all the way out, as you see on the pics and that's the only way to fit a 2,4" tire in the back of the Slim Jim (note that the Ardent is huge). I guess Ingo just wants to be 100% correct and ensure, that nobody complains about the tire clearance after buying the frame. Maybe there are some 2,4" tires that don't fit.

If you want a 2,4" tire in the back and the sliders all the way in you have to wait for the Quaterhorse.

mtbr member
    ^ Well it looks awesome either way, what size did you get? M? And hard to tell but it's the powdercoated finish right?
    konahonzo

JB
    I received my Slim Jim yesterday!

[****in' great! And yes, it's a 2,4" Ardent in the back.
    Krull,

Why get both SJ and QH, seems a bit redundant?

mtbr member
    Krull,

Why get both SJ and QH, seems a bit redundant?
    I don't think he ever had the QH, only a test trial IIRC.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ^ Well it looks awesome either way, what size did you get? M? And hard to tell but it's the powdercoated finish right?
    It's an M and it's the powdercoated finish.

I don't think he ever had the QH, only a test trial IIRC.
    Exactly.

mtbr member
    Where were the pics taken at? Looks like a nice spot.

mtbr member
    Sliders are all the way out, as you see on the pics and that's the only way to fit a 2,4" tire in the back of the Slim Jim (note that the Ardent is huge). I guess Ingo just wants to be 100% correct and ensure, that nobody complains about the tire clearance after buying the frame. Maybe there are some 2,4" tires that don't fit.

If you want a 2,4" tire in the back and the sliders all the way in you have to wait for the Quaterhorse.
    Hi, is the limiting factor with the 2.4 the FD, seat tube or chain stay clearance?

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
    In the south of Vienna (Austria/Europe).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyquist View Post
    Hi, is the limiting factor with the 2.4 the FD, seat tube or chain stay clearance?
    Clearance to the right chainstay. On the quaterhorse this is not an issue. The Test-Quaterhorse I've ridden allows to set the sliders in the shortest position while riding a 2,4" Ardent in the back.

mtbr member
    How come krull you went for the SJ and the QH frame? I swear the SJ frame/idea just popped out of nowhere. I have yet to see a production QH posted anywhere lol.
    konahonzo

JB

Snow/trials Video

Quote Originally Posted by JoshM View Post
    Krull, looking forward to the accompanying snow/trials riding video!

West Chester, PA
    Sep 2006
    In the south of Vienna (Austria/Europe).
    very cool shot.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Also received a slim jim last thursday. Unfortunately I have just registered to this forum so I'm not able post pics before I've written 10 posts. Just wanted to contribute on this tire clearance issue. I'm running mine as single speed with 2.4 Ardent and the dropouts are about in the middle with 32-18 gearing. I still have some 5mm clearance to the right chainstay, which I think is enough. It's an L frame and the rims are bontrager duster (from -09 GF Rig). So at least with L frame it seems that you can get away with 2.4 fairly ok. Depending of course what you consider as sufficient clearance and what rim you use.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Did I mention that I LOVE this bike and my new fork?

I love to ride it on flowy singletracks...

...and on steep sections:

And I like my new tires:

Photos are all shot by a friend of mine -> (c) Bernhard Glessing www.emittedlight.com Sportfotograf und Pressefotograf

mtbr member
    Awesome shots!!! How do you like the fork vs the Reba 140?
    konahonzo

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    Did I mention that I LOVE this bike and my new fork?
    Sick bike! And sick fork!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - Brand Manager
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

JB
    Krull,

Sweet photos as always!! Loop fork?

I have an orange SJ XL frame waiting in my garage. Another month or so of ski season, and it will be ready to pop!

mtbr member
    Krull,

Sweet photos as always!! Loop fork?

I have an orange SJ XL frame waiting in my garage. Another month or so of ski season, and it will be ready to pop!
    First dibs when you sell. (Honestly)

Is it this one?

Last edited by eurospek; 03-29-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    How would we go about getting a SJ here in the states? I see the order form, is it just as simple as filling out the form?

I would really love to see one here in sunny CA!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by monty797 View Post
    How would we go about getting a SJ here in the states? I see the order form, is it just as simple as filling out the form?

I would really love to see one here in sunny CA!
    Give them an email, they are super quick to respond and always very helpful!

On top of the of the $850 for the standard finish, I was told $85 for shipping fees (DHL). You might get hit with customs/duties as well.

I definitely want one of these frames, QH or Slim-Jim, but indecisive on sizing, I have built up the Honzo to see if I can ride their XXL sizing as they're fairly close to each other. The XL is slightly bigger than my previous Transition TransAM which was pretty cramped.
    konahonzo

JB
    Yes, it looks just like that. Where did you get that pic??

Let me tell you, this bike is all bidness. Makes the Honzo look skinny by comparison. Look for a future SJ vs Honzo shoot out...

mtbr member
    Yes, it looks just like that. Where did you get that pic??
    Your garage.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Glad you like the photos.

Awesome shots!!! How do you like the fork vs the Reba 140?
    In short words: Reba feels better on the parking lot, Loop feels better on the trail.
    The Loop is stiffer and the damping feels better. The Reba is a XC-fork, the Loop is more than a XC-Fork, but still behind a real Freeride-Fork. I would like something like a Lyrik with 140mm for my 29er. For now the Loop is the best fork for me, I guess.

Another month or so of ski season, and it will be ready to pop!
    I (almost) closed the skiing as early as never before, becouse of the 2Souls. So much fun!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Very nice pics! I just wish the snow would melt in Finland as well so that I could try mine on proper trails.

mtbr member

SlimJim in Finland

@Salomo: lovely bike, isnt it?

SlimJim, custom color

2Soulscycles SlimJim, Size "L", with the now available leather-sleeve

here: SSP - also possible 1x10, 2x10, hub-geared (aluminium-plates for sliders can be changed)

leather-sleeve:

Lederdekor/ leatherdecals - a set on Flickr

seat-clamp (included) colors (black is now also available):

clampshots - a set on Flickr

nice weekend, cu perhaps @ E.H.B.E.-show tomorrow

m

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimargia View Post
    @Salomo: lovely bike, isnt it?
    Looks familiar..

I really, really like both the looks and the way the bike rides. Today was actually the first day that I was able to ride something a bit more technical, even though there's still quite a lot of snow on the trails. I would assume that in two weeks it will be much better. The bike feels really nimble and responsive. For me it's yet to be seen how it handles with more speed or bashing into a rock garden but based on my impressions so far, I'm sure it will be great.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Salomo View Post
    Looks familiar..

I really, really like both the looks and the way the bike rides. Today was actually the first day that I was able to ride something a bit more technical, even though there's still quite a lot of snow on the trails. I would assume that in two weeks it will be much better. The bike feels really nimble and responsive. For me it's yet to be seen how it handles with more speed or bashing into a rock garden but based on my impressions so far, I'm sure it will be great.
    Mine seems to bash through rocks very effectively

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Clink View Post
    Mine seems to bash through rocks very effectively
    Good to hear! I wasn't really doubting that anyway. I'm so stoked about the bike that it's really a pain in the a** to wait for the trails to clear. Especially as it seems that whole next week will still be below freezing temps, damn..

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    my 2cents. just a sec. best 29er feeling.
    the Slim Jim rocks, only take a seat, fasten the seatbelt and lets rock this beast!

<object width="398" height="224"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=39714659&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=1&amp;loop=0" /><embed src="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=39714659&amp;server=vimeo.co m&amp;show_title=1&amp;show_byline=1&amp;show_port rait=0&amp;color=00adef&amp;fullscreen=1&amp;autop lay=1&amp;loop=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="398" height="224"></embed></object>
    Last edited by 8664; 04-04-2012 at 05:06 AM.

ride.

mtbr member
    Nice vid and awesome build. I'm jealous.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Nice Rigs in this Tread!

ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    This is my SlimJim, 13.98Kg

Last edited by 8664; 04-05-2012 at 08:02 AM.

ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    Not the best pic, but here you go:

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Hey, nice Build... how you like the single ring system in front? wich cCR 28"?

ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I normally ss, so single ring on front is spot on for me. It's an On-one stainless 32t.

wich cCR 28"?
    ??

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    sorry mean ChainRing...
    Last edited by 8664; 04-05-2012 at 07:50 AM.

ride.

mtbr member

2Soulscycles Slim Jim custom color, size "S"

Hi,

custom color Slim Jim, size "S":

Thread from the lucky owner:
    ...der schlanke Jim fast nackt in Frankfurt - MTB-News.de | IBC Mountainbike Forum

With the leather tube (The leather on the picture is still untreated, so the bright color):

m

mtbr member

Slim Jim, M, ceramic coated, ceramic coated crank

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Very cool bikes. Is everyone running 140mm forks?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    From what I've seen online, I'm going to say yes. Some are 120mm.

But this guy takes a different approach.

2Souls Cycles Slim Jim | Retrobike
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    yes, mine WB Loop 140mm i love this fork.

ride.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wish I Were Riding View Post
    A friend of mine is running a 120mm Reba (XL frame):

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    my 2cents. just a sec. best 29er feeling.
    the Slim Jim rocks, only take a seat, fasten the seatbelt and lets rock this beast!

<object width='500' height='281'><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' /><param name='movie' value='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/250371/l/' /><embed src='http://www.pinkbike.com/v/250371/l/' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' width='500' height='281' allowFullScreen='true' allowScriptAccess='always'></embed></object><p><a href='http://www.pinkbike.com/video/250371/'>2Soulscycles-SlimJim</a> on <a href='http://www.pinkbike.com'>Pinkbike</a></p>

ride.

heckler
    Any chance of some rear tyre clearance piccies on a slim jim plz?

Particularly SJ's with front mech's

Cheers
    Mythic Spitfire/Lynskey 29er/Orange 5/Turner Sultan/Cotic Soul/Brodie Ti Holeshot/GF Ferrous/Cotic Roadrat

mtbr member

@chunkypaul: photo: ISCG of the SlimJim. But SlimJim in size M and L is sold out. The new QH frames will come late summer. The improved ISCG from the coming QH-frame (brother from the SlimJim; the QH allows using a drop post, SlimJim had a 27,2mm seatpost diameter) allows mounting big tires like the Hans Dampf or the Ardent 2.4 in every slider position.

But big tyres can be used also on the Slim Jim, with the slider in the middle position (still very short):

photo: Erik Lindner

Actual SlimJim custom-projects:

SlimJim after an Enduro Race in Germany ("MAD East"), playing in the woods:

m

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimargia View Post
    The new QH frames will come late summer. [
    All sizes?
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    I'd love to see a Quaterhorse come out with one of these Any chances?

Pinion P1.18 | PINION / P1.18 / DRIVE TECHNOLOGY

heckler
    Thanks!
    Mythic Spitfire/Lynskey 29er/Orange 5/Turner Sultan/Cotic Soul/Brodie Ti Holeshot/GF Ferrous/Cotic Roadrat

JB

Sex Machine!

Cue the James Brown..

With my Triton en route back to Moscow for some TLC, the timing was perfect this weekend to build the Slim Jim.

First, this might be the best looking bike I've ever had, the design and orange powder coat are just stunning in person, photos as they say, don't do it justice.

Second, there is nothing slim about Slim Jim. This bike has fattest tubes I've ever seen on a steel bike, bigger I think than the Triton's Ti tubes. With a frame weight of 7.4 lbs, this bike is heavier than even the Honzo, and the tubes are certainly bigger.

All that being said, I expected the bike to ride like a brick. Here's where it gets interesting. This bike actually has a fairly compliant ride!! Hard to quantify such things as compliance, but after a 15 mile ride on Donner rim trail, I was impressed by the ride. Some of this may be due to the 27,2mm Ti seatpost. For me, the last dropper post hold-out, this is a brilliant move, since I already have a Ti Eriksen post. Whether the frame or the post, this bike rides almost as well as my Waltworks.

With the sliders all the way in, the bike is relatively quick steering for a 67.5d HA. Climbing was wheelie prone at this setting. For me, the relatively short TT and short stays made it a handful on steeper asents, trying to keep the front down. I think I will benefit from the longer setting, which will also allow me to run a 2.4 in back. In this area, the XL Honzo benefits from the longer 26" TT, which is why it can still climb well with 16.3" stays.

Another thing that was evident right off the bat, I need the X-firm spring for the Manitou Tower Pro. Great fork, super plush, but too much dive even at 120 psi. The spring will fix that, and help the bikes handling.

Don't want to read too much into just one ride, but I think I'm really going to like this bike. I have a hard decision when the Triton comes back: three different flavors of the same candy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2SoulsCycles Slim Jim-img_1614.jpg  

2SoulsCycles Slim Jim-img_1619.jpg  

2SoulsCycles Slim Jim-img_1617.jpg  

2SoulsCycles Slim Jim-img_1618.jpg  

2SoulsCycles Slim Jim-img_1620.jpg  

mtbr member
    Glad you got it finally built up, would love to hear more comparisons to the Honzo after a few rides.

The frame weight is definitely , almost a pound heavier than the Honzo. I can image the XXL hitting over 8 lbs (if they ever release it).

You might want to route that brake hose inside the seat stay, no?
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    very nice!

ride.

JB
    Glad you got it finally built up, would love to hear more comparisons to the Honzo after a few rides.

The frame weight is definitely , almost a pound heavier than the Honzo. I can image the XXL hitting over 8 lbs (if they ever release it).

You might want to route that brake hose inside the seat stay, no?
    Frame weights on my scale were:

Honzo (22"): 7.0 lbs
    Slim Jim (XL): 7.4 lbs

However, when I weighed the built bikes, with almost identical components, they were within 0.1-0.2 lbs of each other, so no noticable on the trail. I agree though, an XXL SJ will be huge and heavy!

You would think with the 853 tubeset that the weight would be better. I can't see ever breaking either the Honzo or SJ frame.

For ride comparison, the SJ rides very similar to the Triton, minus the flex. It has shorter F-C and quicker steering than Honzo. For me, I think it will benefit from a longer CS setting. Both very fun bikes, the SJ is a bit more playful, the Honzo is more stable and better climber, so far. SJ has a slightly better ride due to the 27.2 Ti post.

For looks and overall uniqueness, if that matters, SJ gets the nod.

banned
    Yikes.....7.4 lbs for an XL. I thought I read where 2SC was using a different HT for production that should bring the weight down below 6lbs. Must have been for a med.

I'm hoping to purchase a new frame this winter. The SJ is still the frame I keep coming back to. I'd have to say it's #1 on the list, as of right now.

Does anyone have an accurate wieght on a med. frame? Was hoping with the 853 it would be closer to the 5.5lb mark on a medium. I'm srawny. Prefer a bike under 25lbs complete.

Been trying to visit 2SC web site several times this week. It's still down for maint.
    May I ask how long ago you ordered? US distributor or shipped from Germany? How long it take to get it? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

JB
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Troll View Post
    Yikes.....7.4 lbs for an XL. I thought I read where 2SC was using a different HT for production that should bring the weight down below 6lbs. Must have been for a med.

I'm hoping to purchase a new frame this winter. The SJ is still the frame I keep coming back to. I'd have to say it's #1 on the list, as of right now.

Does anyone have an accurate wieght on a med. frame? Was hoping with the 853 it would be closer to the 5.5lb mark on a medium. I'm srawny. Prefer a bike under 25lbs complete.

Been trying to visit 2SC web site several times this week. It's still down for maint.
    May I ask how long ago you ordered? US distributor or shipped from Germany? How long it take to get it? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks
    I would contact Reinhard at ra@2soulscycles.com, he can answer all your questions.

My frame shipped in less time than most vendors in the states, like 3 business days or something ridiculous. I ordered my frame last year, its been in cold storage in my garage for a while. Also, there were no import fees or taxes.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    A new video of me riding one of my home trails in Vienna (capital city of Austria). This trail is called "2 minute trail" because it's quite hard to stay under 2 minutes.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/51468963?title=1&amp;byline=1&amp;portrait=1" width="800" height="450" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen allowFullScreen></iframe> <p><a href="http://vimeo.com/51468963">1 Minute 50 Seconds</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user1177917">amotion.at</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Anyone heard any updates re timing on the QH?

Getting mighty tempted by a Honzo gap filler but that would mean I probably have to hold off on a QH for another year

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by n plus one View Post
    Anyone heard any updates re timing on the QH?

Getting mighty tempted by a Honzo gap filler but that would mean I probably have to hold off on a QH for another year
    The QH in S, M, L and XL was available for order as of last week accroding to Marc @ 2Souls on the German forum mtb.news.de. I emailed with him last week as well as a follow up as the QH/Slim-Jim is still on my mind as my dream frame. One thing to note is all QH frames now will be painted to customer spec as standard. No standard color, and not too many will be alike.

Shoot Marc an email md@2soulscycles.com if you want more info or to order.

And if you're thinking about the QH, I would buy it now, less chance of it selling out as the demand is quite high, and the production run is quite low for basically this custom frame. Plus they have other projects on the drawing board, like their 650B hardtail frame.

As much as I would love a QH, I would first have to throw a leg over one to see the fit as it's a much more expensive trial-and-error than buying the Honzo. And I have my Honzo currently set up perfectly and love it. I see no need for a frame change at the moment, but I'll still dream of the QH.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Still no Xxl??

mtbr member
    Frame weights on my scale were:

Honzo (22"): 7.0 lbs
    Slim Jim (XL): 7.4 lbs

However, when I weighed the built bikes, with almost identical components, they were within 0.1-0.2 lbs of each other, so no noticable on the trail. I agree though, an XXL SJ will be huge and heavy!

You would think with the 853 tubeset that the weight would be better. I can't see ever breaking either the Honzo or SJ frame.

For ride comparison, the SJ rides very similar to the Triton, minus the flex. It has shorter F-C and quicker steering than Honzo. For me, I think it will benefit from a longer CS setting. Both very fun bikes, the SJ is a bit more playful, the Honzo is more stable and better climber, so far. SJ has a slightly better ride due to the 27.2 Ti post.

For looks and overall uniqueness, if that matters, SJ gets the nod.
    Nevada,

Now that you have more time on the Slim Jim, could you please give us more insight compared to the Honzo? The Quarterhorse with Syntace x12 and Honzo are on my short list.

Thanks!
    Portland Off Road Navagators

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    @eurospek: Why do you absolutely need a XXL, the XL horiz. toptube is 640mm. How tall are you? Im 188cm an the XL fits perfect, but an L would probably also fit. It depends on your riding style...

mtbr member
    ^ I'm 193cm and been riding a 663mm top tube 20" Long Kona Honzo with a 50mm stem this past season. Love the fit and the way it rides. Last bike (Transition TransAM) which had slightly smaller dimensions to the XL QH was way too small for me. The XXL QH would be still smaller than my Honzo is looks like, almost 20mm less reach, shorter TT too. I've given up waiting for the XXL QH, I doubt it will ever happen, plus my Honzo is perfectly dialed for next season, I see no reason to drop $1300 on a new frame next year.
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    ^ I'm 193cm and been riding a 663mm top tube 20" Long Kona Honzo with a 50mm stem this past season. Love the fit and the way it rides. Last bike (Transition TransAM) which had slightly smaller dimensions to the XL QH was way too small for me. The XXL QH would be still smaller than my Honzo is looks like, almost 20mm less reach, shorter TT too. I've given up waiting for the XXL QH, I doubt it will ever happen, plus my Honzo is perfectly dialed for next season, I see no reason to drop $1300 on a new frame next year.
    Ok, I see the point.

mtbr member
    Feb 2012
    Decided to try out rigid fork for the winter. I haven't been able to ride it much yet but so far feels quite nice. Problem of course was to find a fork that's long enough not to mess up the geo. I opted for Voodoo Zombie 500, having the longest a-c I was able to find. It's also able to take Knard tyre when ever those are available, which could be a nice option. I'm thinking of building wheels with velocity p35's that should be ok with Knard as well.

I'll probably put my Reba 140 back before the summer but as for now, this set up seems pretty good. If only the trails were rideable. Right now there's so much snow that a fat bike would be the only option.

A few not so good pics. Front wheel is borrowed from a friend untill I change the hub on my current front wheel for a one that takes both QR and 20mm axle.

P1030255 by Salomo_fin, on Flickr

P1030257 by Salomo_fin, on Flickr

P1030256 by Salomo_fin, on Flickr

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    my 2souls:

blet drive
    very nice. all these bikes look like solid rides..
    Save a tree & wipe your butt with an owl.
    Thank your local Sierra Club.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    My Quaterhorse

mtbr member
    What made you change from your dark grey Slim Jim? Any improvements
    konahonzo

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    What made you change from your dark grey Slim Jim? Any improvements
    The most important improvements are:
    - tire clearance: 2,4" tires in the shortest chainstay position
    - stainless steel bottombracket shell
    - welded stainless steel seattube shim
    Last edited by krull; 03-17-2013 at 02:25 AM.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    First days of spring in Vienna/Austria:

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    ...and I'm still trying to push it hard. The pics are taken on one of the hardest DH-tracks in Austria:

Small drop in at low speed:

Members who have read this thread: 0