mtbr member
    Jul 2011

29er stolen, looking for advice for a cheap, comparable mountain bike, please!

Amazon.com: Diamondback Overdrive 29'er Mountain Bike (29-Inch Wheels), Satin Black, Large/20-Inch: Sports & Outdoors

So I had this bike for exactly 2 years, and loved it. Last night, while vacationing in Ann Arbor, Michigan, it was stolen. I went through all of the main venues to report it, checked craigslist/ebay, etc, but basically I want a new bike as soon as possible. I do use bikes for woods biking often, so I still want a 29er. Did any new budget bikes pop up in the last couple years, or is the Diamondback Overdrive 29er still the best budget choice?

Also, I heard about this program: Free Ride Pittsburgh

However, it is in Pittsburgh, and I live in NJ. How can I find a similar program in New Jersey?

Thank you! Sorry for the messy post, just a bit distraught about losing my best friend...

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    You may want to read some reviews here and elsewhere. I don't have any experience with Diamondbacks but a buddy has a Rockhopper (which is available in 29er) and he loves it. Reviews seem to indicate it's a good budget ride. You might also consider picking up a used bike to save a few bucks.

Sorry to hear about the theft.