Thread: 29er Sizing

Rides Uphill Slow

29er Sizing

Well the "man" is giving me a nice return this year and want to get into a 29er. I was looking at the Redline Moncog 29er but I haven't seen any in my area. So what size would I need? I ride a 19" Santa Cruz Heckler now and my other bike (single speed) is a 19" as well. I rode the GF Rig and Believe it was a 17" which felt pretty good. It seems that with the big wheels a size smaller than my normal size is the way to go. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks and ride on.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You have not seen the Monocog 29er because they are not in the country yet.

Compare top tube lengths (and seat tube angles). Ride as many bikes as you can and in different sizes.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

WWYD?
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    You have not seen the Monocog 29er because they are not in the country yet.

Compare top tube lengths (and seat tube angles). Ride as many bikes as you can and in different sizes.
    Hey shiggy, I placed my order for a redline 29er today and the buyer says that the seattle buyer (warehouse), I think its UBC has them in stock with all the sizes. I won't know until tomorrow with a verbal confirmation if that is really the case.

I bought the 19" bike and I have a 33 inseam and usually ride bikes with a 22-23 inch toptube with a 100-105 stem. I think the fit will be nice! Can't wait.