mtbr member
    May 2008

29er Hardtail trail bikes

I'm thinking about replacing my Niner AIR 9 RDO with more of a trail hardtail. I'd be looking for something with a slacker HTA, dropper post, wider tires (around 2.4), shorter stem (50-75), 120~ travel in front. It won't be my main bike so would want to keep the price point under $2k.

Any recommendations?

mtbr member
    Trek Stache

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Out spokin'
    Kona Honzo
    disciplesofdirt.org

We don't quit riding because we get old.
    We get old because we quit riding.

LDC is ded,deth by trollz
    Nov 2015
    Transition vanquish or put all that stuff on your RDO. I have a f34 120, 75 stem, 2.3 xr3, dropper in my rdo.

Norūwegr
    Sounds like you'd be right at home on a Honzo ST or the pricier CR if you wanted it as a main.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rmanalan View Post
    Trek Stache

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I couldn't agree any more. I love mine.
    Change begins by doing something different.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Kona Honzo AL/DL or Santa Cruz Chameleon both fit the bill.
    Jason
    Disclaimer: www.paramountsports.net

mtbr member
    Chameleon fan here.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Mar 2017
    ^^^ Chameleon here to man!. I ride mine in the plus version but I'm sure the 29er would be just as good.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    If you were open to used, I would look at a Banshee Paradox. It's a fun AM/Trail 29er with 68 degree HA and 73 degree STA with short chainstays for fun and flickability. The v2 model has wide chainstays that can squeeze 2.8" tires if you wanted. Take in account it is designed for a 120mm fork, but I run a 140mm that puts me at 67* HA and 72 STA but its sooo much fun.

Paradox - Banshee Bikes
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29er Hardtail trail bikes-img_0416.jpg  

Nov 2015
    Hey Chameleon riders, whats that frame weigh?

Pinehurst NC
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5 View Post
    I'm thinking about replacing my Niner AIR 9 RDO with more of a trail hardtail. I'd be looking for something with a slacker HTA, dropper post, wider tires (around 2.4), shorter stem (50-75), 120~ travel in front. It won't be my main bike so would want to keep the price point under $2k.

Any recommendations?
    I'm currently building up a 18' Nukeproof Scout frame into a 140mm trail HT. Threaded BB, Boost spacing, quite slack. I've begun to outride my Stache 9... the steep HTA gets funny at high speeds on tricky trails, even with a 140mm fork, and 50mm stem. They also sell built versions29er Hardtail trail bikes-20180402_195750.jpg
    Last edited by Charlie Don't Surf; 3 Weeks Ago at 05:00 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Specialized Epic hardtail. I've owned a Honzo AL/DL built up nice. The Epic HT overall everywhere blows the Honzo away. Way lighter, more agile, climbs like a homesick angel, and rips descents and is way quicker than the Honzo thru the tight twisties. Don't let the 69.8 HTA or the 430mm chainstays of the a Epic fool you. Higher BB of Epic is much appreciated too. Try one out. Crazy capable bike. Fast.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1021
Size:  57.5 KB

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by HacksawReynolds View Post
    Specialized Epic hardtail. I've owned a Honzo AL/DL built up nice. The Epic HT overall everywhere blows the Honzo away. Way lighter, more agile, climbs like a homesick angel, and rips descents and is way quicker than the Honzo thru the tight twisties. Don't let the 69.8 HTA or the 430mm chainstays of the a Epic fool you. Higher BB of Epic is much appreciated too. Try one out. Crazy capable bike. Fast.
    Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 1021
Size:  57.5 KB
    He said trail bike with slack head angle the Epic is the same as his current bike.
    2018 Spot Mayhem
    2016 Salsa Bucksaw
    2016 GT Grade Carbon

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    I've spent some time on his bike. Despite what you see in a chart, the Epic is a different bike altogether.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Thanks all. I'm hoping to try some out, especially the Honzo and Chameleon.

mtbr member
    Canfield Nimble 9 frame is on sale for $600. I've run mine with 2.4 tires, dropper, 120mm fork, 140mm fork, geared, and singlespeed. It's a great frame to build out.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Consider the Ragley Big Wig as well. Geo looks sweet and price should be quite reasonable.

mtbr member
    Aug 2017
    You have a lot of good choices as others pointed out but another vote for the SC Chameleon.

I recently thinned the herd and am currently down to one MTB (for the time being) which is a Santa Cruz Chameleon. I posted my build here.

In the last couple of years, my HT ownership has included the last version of the Nimble9 (loved it), the current YelliScreamy that is being discontinued (did like at all) and most recently a Honzo CR (meh). The Chameleon is the standout in this pack for me as it does everything well, the geo is spot on and it's quite comfortable for an alloy frame.

All your options are solid so good luck with your decision.

MTB B'dos
    For me now getting on a bit in years and having some lower back/hip/leg issues, I want nothing to do with anything but steel or Ti in a HT, so for me my list would be, Nimble9, Big Wig, Honzo steel, Monkey, Unit, in the under $700 category. Pair the steel frame with some PLUS tyres/wheels and you've got an actually very smooth ride that makes riding a HT or rigis a much less rough experience.
    One day your life will flash before your eyes, will it be worth watching??

mtbr member
    Mar 2018
    marin nail trail is a great spec for the price

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LyNx View Post
    For me now getting on a bit in years and having some lower back/hip/leg issues, I want nothing to do with anything but steel or Ti in a HT, so for me my list would be, Nimble9, Big Wig, Honzo steel, Monkey, Unit, in the under $700 category. Pair the steel frame with some PLUS tyres/wheels and you've got an actually very smooth ride that makes riding a HT or rigis a much less rough experience.
    Meh, carbon frame with a 27.2 seatpost is as or more comfy, lighter, and stiffer where you want it than ANY custom steel or Ti frame I've ever had.

Just rode my Epic HT where I used to ride my Honzo and the Epic flew around switchbacks that had me barely getting around on my slacker honzo and it climbs way more capably due to the better balanced geo. just ride one if you get the chance. It's as much or more of a "trail" bike overall as any others you think you might want. The chameleon is ok, but the cheap alu frame provides an uninspiring ride feel and the cockpit is more cramped per size than the honzo or epic.

MTB B'dos
    And how did that thing descend I'm curious? Why people choose to make absolutely stupid comparisons is beyond me, really makes no sense comparing a race designed frame that has you puckering on any good descent to a nice trail oriented design that let's you rip with confidence and maybe, just maybe work a tad harder on the climbs in tight stuff

Meh, carbon frame with a 27.2 seatpost is as or more comfy, lighter, and stiffer where you want it than ANY custom steel or Ti frame I've ever had.

Just rode my Epic HT where I used to ride my Honzo and the Epic flew around switchbacks that had me barely getting around on my slacker honzo and it climbs way more capably due to the better balanced geo. just ride one if you get the chance. It's as much or more of a "trail" bike overall as any others you think you might want. The chameleon is ok, but the cheap alu frame provides an uninspiring ride feel and the cockpit is more cramped per size than the honzo or epic.

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    And how did that thing descend I'm curious? Why people choose to make absolutely stupid comparisons is beyond me, really makes no sense comparing a race designed frame that has you puckering on any good descent to a nice trail oriented design that let's you rip with confidence and maybe, just maybe work a tad harder on the climbs in tight stuff
    Like I said, I've owned both. Have you even ridden both? The Epic descends like a scalded monkey. Keep drinking the koolaid, guy. Epic overall is the better trail bike.

Nov 2015

Its not the bike, ever. If you can ride you can ride anything on anything. The epic ht has the same geo as a "trail" hardtail from a few years ago. My niner rdo HT is insane descending, if you can ride that horse, she will run. Lighter bikes handle auicker therefore yoi can descend insanely fast because the slightly steeper hta lets you make last secomd decisions just like a short stem chopper bike will. 95pct of all riders on this planet couldn't take a epic ht "over its limits". Definitely not some average joe on mtbr. I saw a spesh pro hitting 8ft gaps on his epic ht, launching into insane gnar without blinking. Its only marketing that makes you think yyou need slacker and more travel. Thats why 75 pct of average joes are ridimg slacked out choppers on xc trails. They "think" they need this or that bit really, theu just need to RIDE more and not buy "skill".

mtbr member
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneDetroitCity View Post
    Its not the bike, ever. If you can ride you can ride anything on anything. The epic ht has the same geo as a "trail" hardtail from a few years ago. My niner rdo HT is insane descending, if you can ride that horse, she will run. Lighter bikes handle auicker therefore yoi can descend insanely fast because the slightly steeper hta lets you make last secomd decisions just like a short stem chopper bike will. 95pct of all riders on this planet couldn't take a epic ht "over its limits". Definitely not some average joe on mtbr. I saw a spesh pro hitting 8ft gaps on his epic ht, launching into insane gnar without blinking. Its only marketing that makes you think yyou need slacker and more travel. Thats why 75 pct of average joes are ridimg slacked out choppers on xc trails. They "think" they need this or that bit really, theu just need to RIDE more and not buy "skill".
    Oh hey but what about the GEOMETRY CHART???!!!! Lol.

Ya can't say it enough, the Epic HT is really an eye opener. Ultralight tackle with amazing capabilities. Insanely well balanced.

Thr stock stems on the Epics are stoopid long tho. My large came with a 100mm and I swapped it out for a 70mm for a perfect fit for me at 5'11.5.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Don't Surf View Post
    I'm currently building up a 18' Nukeproof Scout frame into a 140mm trail HT. Threaded BB, Boost spacing, quite slack. I've begun to outride my Stache 9... the steep HTA gets funny at high speeds on tricky trails, even with a 140mm fork, and 50mm stem. They also sell built versionsClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20180402_195750.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	1190893
    +1 for the Scout ^^

Personally I ride a '17 290...

66į HTA w/ 140mm fork

Run up to a 170mm dropper.

29" wheels

Tis a speed demon + it just looks mean.

'We'll all make it to the top... Some of us, might not make it to the bottom'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

MTB B'dos
    Yawn No I have not ridden the Epic, would not give those bastards one cent of my money, but I have owned and ridden a rigid with 72* HTA and short stays for 10 years and just got a new rigid with 68.5* HTA and I can tell you, makes a lot of difference in the confidence descending steep stuff. Oh and no I'm not a pro racer, not got those skills or feel the need to thump my chest to other males You guys don't use a suspension fork though, right, because you don't need suspension

Like I said, I've owned both. Have you even ridden both? The Epic descends like a scalded monkey. Keep drinking the koolaid, guy. Epic overall is the better trail bike.

mtbr member
    yoi can descend insanely fast because the slightly steeper hta lets you make last secomd decisions just like a short stem chopper bike will.
    If you feel like you need a steeper HTA to increase steering speed then you're not going even moderately fast.

Its only marketing that makes you think yyou need slacker and more travel.
    That's physics. A slacker fork puts the travel more in line with the Normal force of the contact surface.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    You mean to tell me that a bike with a 70+ degree head angle descends just as good, if not better than a bike with a 66 degree head angle? And imparts the rider with more confidence than a slack bike going downhill? Thatís laughable. Steep HAs are king when climbing. No question. But descending, slack HAs are untouchable.

Thereís a reason why gravity oriented riding and competition have bikes have have HAs no more than 66 degrees. Otherwise, everyone would be riding Specialized Epics.
    I no longer like to party. But I like the idea of it.
    GG BAMF - Eastern NC

Nov 2015
    Can you guys read? Never did i mention 72 hta. The epic hardtail is 69. Remember a few years ago 69 was "slacked out"? Thought so. I also said the SLIGHTLY steeper hta of an epic ht vs a honzo/chamelon/trail ht is the same as having a slacker bike with a short stem to get that "CONFIDENCE BRAH". Isnt that what you people keep regurgitating, more confident descending. Confidence is internal, and a 69 hta xc race bike is just ad fast as any bike mentioned here downhill. With the right rider. So to summarize for clarity sake. A 69 hta xc bike is what i mean by steep, and a 68 or less hta bike is what i mean by slack. Not talking about THEORETICAL riding either or riding dh trails. The guy is going to ride the SAME trails as usual, just on a slacker brah bike. Hes not buying a trail hardtail to do shuttle runs. Hes riding mtb trails, just like 95 pct of everyone else. The same trails as before the slack bike trend that is actually going away as fast as it came.

Nov 2015
    Most everyone is overbiked and not even having as much fun as they could....https://m.pinkbike.com/news/niner-ac...ies-ahead.html ......

Sugai: Iíve been in the bike industry for 14 years and Iíve definitely seen some pendulum swings. Obviously we are at a point where everyone is trying to make longer and longer travel bikes. Itís been the hot thing for a period of time and I think (and this is my opinion) that a lot of riders are over-biked. Meaning, they are riding a bike that is well beyond their riding capabilities.

While Itís nice to have that additional amount of travel. I believe that having the right bike that matches the type of terrain that you ride most of the time leads to the best riding experience. So, I do think that there is pause to be taken Ė especially on the editorial side Ė that there are multiple kinds of terrain that can be ridden throughout the world and that one terrain isnít the end-all, be-all for bicycle geometry. There should be consideration that there are different geometries that match different terrains, and that some riders might need less travel and maybe geometry that is more like a cross-country bike to achieve the most enjoyment.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by almazing View Post
    You mean to tell me that a bike with a 70+ degree head angle descends just as good, if not better than a bike with a 66 degree head angle? And imparts the rider with more confidence than a slack bike going downhill? Thatís laughable. Steep HAs are king when climbing. No question. But descending, slack HAs are untouchable.

Thereís a reason why gravity oriented riding and competition have bikes have have HAs no more than 66 degrees. Otherwise, everyone would be riding Specialized Epics.
    Yes im telling you a good rider on a 70 hta can be faster than a not good rider on 66. Based on actual real world riding experience. Not geo charts or hype theories. Im faster than some enduro pros on the gnarliest trails you can find on a niner one 9 rdo with a dropper and fox 34 120. They are on 150-170 travel 66hta. They have more bike but less skill.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Yes im telling you a good rider on a 70 hta can be faster than a not good rider on 66. Based on actual real world riding experience. Not geo charts or hype theories. Im faster than some enduro pros on the gnarliest trails you can find on a niner one 9 rdo with a dropper and fox 34 120. They are on 150-170 travel 66hta. They have more bike but less skill.

Hell, letís put you on a Nukeproof Mega 275c RS! Iím sure with your skill, youíll post much better times than Sam Hill. Clearly, youíre so talented and skilled that you NEED to to put yourself on a lesser bike to give these Ďenduro prosí a chance. Imagine the KOMs youíll have if you had an enduro bike!!!

GG BAMF - Eastern NC

banned
    Apr 2018
    I'm so much faster than all you mofo's. Just look at my strava. I'm gonna have all the DH koms in Preskitt within a month.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by LameDetroitCity View Post
    I'm so much faster than all you mofo's. Just look at my strava. I'm gonna have all the DH koms in Preskitt within a month.
    Lol, did you have to create a new account or is this a parody account? I can't tell the difference. You guys are funny but some people come here for actual advice.

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Sugai, the man who bankrupted his company with poor service and outdated geometry.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by LameDetroitCity View Post
    More like within a week.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy3220 View Post
    Lol, did you have to create a new account or is this a parody account? I can't tell the difference. You guys are funny but some people come here for actual advice.
    Thats some jealous old man who is still mad i beat him probably, or something along those lines. I actually gave real advice before the thread got polluted. I told hom to put a 120 fork, dropper, and shorter stem and some wider tires on his current frame. THEN if that isnt enough, get a new frame and you already have the parts. However as i have stated before. 95pct of riders couldnt put that setup over its limits on trails. Not parks or shuttle runs. Trails, you know, the things that you ride the bike on. Cause you dont ride the bike theoretically on mtbr. Last i checked every new trail beimg built is imba spec sanitized trails. So thebikes get more capable, while the trails get easier. HMMMMMM

Nov 2015

Hell, letís put you on a Nukeproof Mega 275c RS! Iím sure with your skill, youíll post much better times than Sam Hill. Clearly, youíre so talented and skilled that you NEED to to put yourself on a lesser bike to give these Ďenduro prosí a chance. Imagine the KOMs youíll have if you had an enduro bike!!!

I wouldnt have the Uphill AND dh koms i know that. Like i do now.

Nov 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Travis Bickle View Post
    Sugai, the man who bankrupted his company with poor service and outdated geometry.
    Absolute horseshite. Niner WFO 29, one of the first long travel 29ers. People said they were dumb. Now count how many threads are about....LONG TRAVEL 29ERS. Jokes on you man

Nov 2015
    Have a listen to this podcast. A lot if you super bros, dad bods with coil shocks that is, might see some sense. Just Riding Along - "Overbiked" (April 2, 2018 #981) from Mountain Bike Radio on podbay

Anytime. Anywhere.
    Long travel and old fashioned. It's not possible for me to fit on a Niner the way I (customer) want to. They are irrelevant these days.
    I got some bad ideas in my head.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    While Niner did focus on 29ers and refined them to a point, they remained stagnant for years and went bankrupt. Competitors went even further and made better long, mid, and short travel 29ers. Sorry, but Niner was never on my short list of bikes. Ever.

Lane, you sure are full of yourself. You assume that everyone here is slower than you for whatever reason. Get off your high horse. Maybe try riding other bikes. You surmise that since your Niner or whatever-the-hell bike you ride is awesome for you, that it should be awesome for everyone else. Geometry, whether you like it or not(especially on a hardtail), has EVERYTHING to do with how a bike handles. This isn't theory or assumption. It's cold hard facts. If geometry didn't matter, then why the hell would we ride anything other than an outdated Niner?
    GG BAMF - Eastern NC

Nov 2015
    While Niner did focus on 29ers and refined them to a point, they remained stagnant for years and went bankrupt. Competitors went even further and made better long, mid, and short travel 29ers. Sorry, but Niner was never on my short list of bikes. Ever.

Lane, you sure are full of yourself. You assume that everyone here is slower than you for whatever reason. Get off your high horse. Maybe try riding other bikes. You surmise that since your Niner or whatever-the-hell bike you ride is awesome for you, that it should be awesome for everyone else. Geometry, whether you like it or not(especially on a hardtail), has EVERYTHING to do with how a bike handles. This isn't theory or assumption. It's cold hard facts. If geometry didn't matter, then why the hell would we ride anything other than an outdated Niner?
    I hate Niner lol. I ride the bike because its fast. I have had 4 niner frames, 3 of them broke. This one should have broke awhile ago. Im definitely full of myself, it tastes damn good too . Seriously though, i would be riding a Transition vanquish if it had two bottle mounts. I think the old trek stache is a decent bike for the op also, can be found cheap and fits two bottles. The whole point of what im saying is that he should make his current bike more "trail"whatever that means. I agreee geometry is how the bike rides but the rider is more important. If you have good skills you can make slight comprises across the board. The "trail" hardtail is a very diverse catergory, even the word trail is misleading. All mountain bikes are trail bikes, they ride on trails. Categories were created to sell more bikes. Now where we disagree is that you need a super slack hta to be fast dh when really you need skill way more than bike geo. Now if you have skill and a slack hta, ya you can go mach chicken. Probably crash hard and mess up you amd the bike. I didnt get the impression the guy wanted to get a trail hardtail and put on body armor and hit lift access riding. I figured he wanted just to get a bit more aggressive on the same trails he rides now. Hemce Hacksaw and i stating that new age xc hardtails are trail ht from a few years ago. Nobody is saying run a 72hta down bike parks. We are saying run 69 with a light frame down normal xc trails, the same trails the op is ridimg now.

Pinehurst NC
    Back to whomever said "confidence brah" not being the same as faster.... eh, I disagree. 99% of the people here are hobbyist/enthusiasts and not hardcore elite level riders... regardless of how much money the bike cost. So confidence that your not going to wash the front end on that berm, tuck the nose over that drop or knock your front teeth out going WFO into a tree is faster, and way more fun. Yep, Sam Philgren can slaughter me on a local trail with a road bike... but I couldn't. I have more FUN with relaxed geo and more travel. Its what MTB is for anyway, right?
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

Nov 2015
    Back to whomever said "confidence brah" not being the same as faster.... eh, I disagree. 99% of the people here are hobbyist/enthusiasts and not hardcore elite level riders... regardless of how much money the bike cost. So confidence that your not going to wash the front end on that berm, tuck the nose over that drop or knock your front teeth out going WFO into a tree is faster, and way more fun. Yep, Sam Philgren can slaughter me on a local trail with a road bike... but I couldn't. I have more FUN with relaxed geo and more travel. Its what MTB is for anyway, right?
    So you are saying the "feeling" of being faster despite NOT actually being faster is the ideal for most? Sounds like some brainwashed marketing speak. "Ride slow, FEEL fast". Im over this bs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I think itís safe to say no one on one side is going to change the others mind. The OP wanted recommendations on a bike, not people to wax poetically about emotional importance of geometry.

Pinehurst NC
    So you are saying the "feeling" of being faster despite NOT actually being faster is the ideal for most? Sounds like some brainwashed marketing speak. "Ride slow, FEEL fast". Im over this bs.
    Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. We ride for fun, not income. We session features for fun, not PR's and KOM's. Plus...all my Pr's are on my 140mm HT...not my carbon XC bike.
    "Loud hubs save lives!"

Nov 2015
    Yep. That's exactly what I'm saying. We ride for fun, not income. We session features for fun, not PR's and KOM's. Plus...all my Pr's are on my 140mm HT...not my carbon XC bike.
    Although me personally will never be able to see the sport through those lenses, i do respect those that do. I just have a tendency to only see things in ahyper competitive way because thats my background. Im sharing my opinion but its not meant in a demeaning or disrespect way, im very passionate about how i view things and that can spill over. Im actually making a concerted effort to ride more for fun with slower people and see the other side of the sport. I ask people to ride all the time and they say oh ill just slow you down. That doesnt sit well with me. I enjoy riding my bike in social situations and enjoying the camaraderie i just think there are tok many predisposed stereotypes in this sport like oh enduro guys automatically have something against xc guys and vice versa. Im probably more of an endubro in a xc racer body then people think. I just love to shred gnar all day, climb crazy trails, etc etc. Thats more about personal satisfaction than proving a point to anybody. I have showed up at enduro rides and they started making fun of me for wearing a skinsuit, no pads, road helmet, carbon shoes, carbon zc hardtail, etc, then i drop them all on their 160 bikes, and they suddenly have respect for me. I had enough respect to show up at their group ride and try and fit in but they had al these stereotypes at hand based on appearance. Marketing is very strong and it helps divide this sport instead of bring us all together.

mtbr member
    Jul 2017
    Although me personally will never be able to see the sport through those lenses, i do respect those that do. I just have a tendency to only see things in ahyper competitive way because thats my background. Im sharing my opinion but its not meant in a demeaning or disrespect way, im very passionate about how i view things and that can spill over. Im actually making a concerted effort to ride more for fun with slower people and see the other side of the sport. I ask people to ride all the time and they say oh ill just slow you down. That doesnt sit well with me. I enjoy riding my bike in social situations and enjoying the camaraderie i just think there are tok many predisposed stereotypes in this sport like oh enduro guys automatically have something against xc guys and vice versa. Im probably more of an endubro in a xc racer body then people think. I just love to shred gnar all day, climb crazy trails, etc etc. Thats more about personal satisfaction than proving a point to anybody. I have showed up at enduro rides and they started making fun of me for wearing a skinsuit, no pads, road helmet, carbon shoes, carbon zc hardtail, etc, then i drop them all on their 160 bikes, and they suddenly have respect for me. I had enough respect to show up at their group ride and try and fit in but they had al these stereotypes at hand based on appearance. Marketing is very strong and it helps divide this sport instead of bring us all together.
    I had you pegged as an irredeemable prick, but after reading this, you're alright in my book. I've had bad experiences with a lot of XC guys who are clearly trying to beat their PRs on the Strava. They don't yield to anyone nor do they move aside. I had one guy yell at me on a climb when he caught up to me. He didn't say anything. He literally just yelled at the top of his lungs to get me to move. Enduro bros can be annoying since they're so elitist, especially when they're riding in groups. Their $9000 Santa Cruz isn't going to make them any faster. Their tips are generally to throw money at the bike to make it better. So both sides of the coin have their A-holes. I ride alone 80% of the time. And those I do ride with are cool people.

Like you though, I love shredding the gnar all day and having fun. If I go fast, then I go fast. If not, I'm still having fun. That's what it's all about.
    GG BAMF - Eastern NC

Pinehurst NC
    Yep, all good here too Lane. Alamazing- anytime you get near San-Lee...lmk
    "Loud hubs save lives!"