mtbr member
    Feb 2006

29" Tires - Bontrager Jones. Mythos XC slick 700cc

I've been riding my GF Paragon for about 2 months now. Love the bike but I'm still not sold on the tires. They are so (fat) compared to the XC Mythos Slicks that I have on my 26" bike. Those tires really fit the trails I ride and I like the low rolling resistance they provide. Mythos doesn't make the slicks in the standard 29" but they do have the XC Slick available in 700cc. GF sets up their city bikes with this tire.

Has anyone switched their tires to the Mythos 700cc Slick and is it durable enough to sustain for racing?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i also have a fisher paragon that i got 2 weeks ago, i love the bike but also felt the huge volume of the tires were overkill for my type of riding, i just put on some wtb nanoraptors 2.1 yesterday and am going to ride them for the first time tommorrow. i have heard they roll better and from the looks of them they look faster and are less volume. i will post back to you tommorrow evening my riding impressions of this tire

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Try the irc notos. I ride them front and rear and they are similar to a semi slick. I also ride them in all conditions, no problems with them.