mtbr member

29" nanoraptor rollout- Cyclocomputer setting

I measured the rollout of my Nanoraptors and got an ungodly huge result of 2315. Cyclocomputers have instructions inside for different common wheelsizes, but 700X52 isn't exactly common these days.

Does anyone have an accurate number for the Nanoraptor for cyclocomputer use? I did a search and wasn't able to find anything...

Thanks!

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlahach
    I measured the rollout of my Nanoraptors and got an ungodly huge result of 2315. Cyclocomputers have instructions inside for different common wheelsizes, but 700X52 isn't exactly common these days.

Does anyone have an accurate number for the Nanoraptor for cyclocomputer use? I did a search and wasn't able to find anything...

Thanks!
    Measuring is the most accurate way. I think I got between 2300 and 2400 myself, so you are probably spot on. Enter that figure and you will probably be good to go. When I roll out I do it at a standard pressure and I lean on the bars to put some weight on the front wheel to simulate my weight on the bike.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You have it about right.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

This place needs an enema
    Quote Originally Posted by Morlahach

Thanks!
    I've usually gotten between 2290 and 2300 on Nano's mounted on narrow rims.

MC

Recovering couch patato
    Did you get that rollout loaded or unloaded? 2310 is what i use for my Big Apple 2.35's. Too lazy to measure myself, I sortof calculated it, expecting a random amount of sag :-)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf
    Measuring is the most accurate way. I think I got between 2300 and 2400 myself, so you are probably spot on. Enter that figure and you will probably be good to go. When I roll out I do it at a standard pressure and I lean on the bars to put some weight on the front wheel to simulate my weight on the bike.
    Wow, I guess when I got such a freakishly huge number I just didn't believe it, but there you have it.

Thanks for the responses.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    http://www.cateye.com/en/pdfs/MC100Wv2ENG.pdf

For my cateye, I just measured the circumference in mm by taping down a piece of dental floss and rolling it around the tire. It was a massive number! Higher than listed in the manual. But the computer accepted it and it seems to be accurate. Good luck!

highly visible
    Don't remember the rollout when I had Nanos. Other 29" tires I use (Klaw, Ignitor, ACX) come in at 228-229 so you're probably about right.
    "People like GloyBoy are deaf. They are partisan, intellectually lazy & usually very angry." -Jaybo

Beware of Doggerel

good point

Quote Originally Posted by Cloxxki
    Did you get that rollout loaded or unloaded? 2310 is what i use for my Big Apple 2.35's. Too lazy to measure myself, I sortof calculated it, expecting a random amount of sag :-)
    You beat me to it but I was going to mention that if you really want to get that roll out spot on you need to inflate the tire to pressure and do the rollout with your body weight on the bike as if you were riding. But this is really being a little crazy becasue if you need this level of precision you will end up crying yourself to sleep if you think about riding that bike across uneven ground while shifting your center of mass all over the place. If, for some reason, you really need this level of accuracy your better off with a GPS and then you can spend all the calibration time you saved repeatedly washing your hands or counting the tiles on your bathroom floor. Anyway glad to see that I'm not alone in wondering if the measurement was loaded or unloaded...gotta go now there's tiles to count.

Adam
    I wanna say I'm sorry for stuff I haven't done yet, things will shortly get completely out of hand --T.M.G.