Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Apr 2009

23.5lb Specialized Epic Marathon 29er

Stock besides Stan's ZTR Race Wheelset and Maxxis Aspen tires tubeless with 1.5 scoops of fluid. Size medium with no pedals.
    Last edited by EthanDM; 04-30-2010 at 12:36 PM.

Cholla Magnent
    What you can't see in the picture is that the front wheel is actually touching the ground.... .
    Cholla Magnet

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Gotta throw my race wheels on mine and prop it on the scale.

Your Best Friend
    Do you plan to ride it without pedals? No? Then weigh it with pedals or don't bother posting the weight. Just sayin'

Good looking bike.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe
    Do you plan to ride it without pedals? No? Then weigh it with pedals or don't bother posting the weight. Just sayin'

Good looking bike.
    Manufacturer's advertise their bike weights without pedals.

I have not completely decided on what pedals I will be using though.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Gotta be hard to ride with no pedals. Why bother posting weight without pedals?

transmitter~receiver
    why bother posting the weight of anything other than a complete and ready-to-ride bike by y'all's cro-magnon logic?
    i guess i need to expand my 29er tire weight spreadsheet to include the weights of tires only as they are a part of complete builds. y'all also might want to jump on some wheelset threads and bash away for people posting weights w/out skewers, tubes, tires, valves, tape, etc.
    here's an interesting bit of insight: take the weight of your favorite pedals in pounds and add it to Ethan's weight to see what you could end up riding if you like stan's race wheelset and aspens. or just round up 1/2 pound to 24 and call it good.

Rogue Warrior&Anarchist
    What's on the seatpost? Looks like some electric tape.
    mountain biking is not a crime, so quit giving me dirty looks before I bunnyhop your car

mtbr member

Nice

Nice bike.

My LBS owner rides one of those. Sweet looking bike.

He knows how to ride. He rides that bike hard like a Catholic Priest abusing an altar boy.

For all the abuse he has given it, it has held up great. He rides it stock.
    You cannot go against nature, because when you do, its part of nature too.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_d_1583
    What's on the seatpost? Looks like some electric tape.
    Yeah, just to mark my seat height.

mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Ur bike is ubber dont mind some of these guys hate is in the air i can smell it. I love my Epic Comp the bike is just amazing.
    "It Is What It Is" Phil 4:13
    B-Ray Da Beast

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    meltingfeather, nice point. But I still think it is hard to ride without pedals

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rzar
    What you can't see in the picture is that the front wheel is actually touching the ground.... .
    Weight looks about right, those are Am Classics on light Stans rims and if I am not mistaken, a carbon steerer and crown!? The XX swag is uber light compared even to XO. (just the rear cassette is a 1/4 lb lighter!)

With MY pedals and real world 2 scoops per wheel (just say no to thorns) 2.2 tires at least (hey it is full suspension so I am gonna pin it) it be close to 24 lbs if not over a bit.

Let's ride SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by Silentfoe

Good looking bike.
    I weigh all my bikes without rear cassette and crankset, as everyone has a different idea and preference on what gearing works best for them and their terrain.

Sweet spesh bike tho.

No longer 26
    Pedals? Look Quartz or Crank Bros are going to be the lightweight options.
    You can't depend on honest answers from dependant hands...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    How much did the frame only weigh?
    Hey, I was happy when I got my Canzo to around 28.6 pounds WITH PEDALS! I could probably take 2 pounds off it, but at what expense??

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by richwolf
    How much did the frame only weigh?
    Hey, I was happy when I got my Canzo to around 28.6 pounds WITH PEDALS! I could probably take 2 pounds off it, but at what expense??
    I did not weigh mine, but if the Marathon frame is the same as the Comp frame (which I think it is) check out this thread: Epic 29er actual weight is...

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    I got a 29er comp, simply an incredible bike. So glad I didn't get a 29er hardtail, as soon as I heard these were coming out, I waited.

mtbr member
    My HiFi is about 21 lbs without the frame.
    JRA Cycles
    My Trek HiFi
    NEMBA Racing
    SNEMBA
    I love learning new things in my pajamas.

banned
    just weighed my Lynskey without pedals, cranks, chain, wheels, tires, frame, handlebars, brakes, seatpost, saddle, cog, stem, grips, headset, skewers, fork, and frame and it weighs 0! I'm gonna post it in the weight wiener forum and see if anyone can beat that.

mtbr member
    Bump the weight up 3/4 of a pound or less for pedals and that is still a really impressive weight!

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=Ottoreni]

He knows how to ride. He rides that bike hard like a Catholic Priest abusing an altar boy.

QUOTE]

I'm going to cry foul on this one even though I am smirking.

Superflying on Haven
    just weighed my Lynskey without pedals, cranks, chain, wheels, tires, frame, handlebars, brakes, seatpost, saddle, cog, stem, grips, headset, skewers, fork, and frame and it weighs 0! I'm gonna post it in the weight wiener forum and see if anyone can beat that.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Very nice bike!! Thanks for posting it.

BTW, to those of you commenting about the lack of pedals- you are a ridiculous bunch of boneheads and I wish you would just s-t-h-u. Here is a very nice link to colorado cyclist that displays the weight of most every popular pedal. Convert to lbs and add to the weight of the bike (unless your math is as bad as you logic). http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/display/35520/

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by makariosone
    Very nice bike!! Thanks for posting it.

BTW, to those of you commenting about the lack of pedals- you are a ridiculous bunch of boneheads and I wish you would just s-t-h-u. Here is a very nice link to colorado cyclist that displays the weight of most every popular pedal. Convert to lbs and add to the weight of the bike (unless your math is as bad as you logic). http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/display/35520/
    nice first post. how long have you and the op been dating? .....or maybe you are the op?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast