Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2014 Specialized Enduro 29 SE Comp Videos of the Bike in Action

I don't post often, but I always consult the forums/reviews for advice, so in case anyone wants to see the new Enduro 29 in action, here are it's maiden voyage and 2nd ride--a quick local ride.

Last edited by K2D2; 05-14-2013 at 08:00 PM.

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

2nd Video added

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Reflectors... Good to go on am rides!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    and no doubt why I am still in last place on the climbs!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silly Man View Post
    Reflectors... Good to go on am rides!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Nice!
    14 S-Works Epic WC
    14 Yeti ARC
    14 S-Works Crux Disc
    15 Echo Big Deal

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Sort of a related video. Not much video of the bike, but I took a friend who has been sidelined with injury out on this ride and got a cool surprise--the PCA Black Mt Enduro stage 3 was about to start. Here's some clips of the course, the finish, Eric Carter and the other Pros crossing the line and my friend's Plantar Fasciitis "cure".

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Rolling through some chunky rocks felt great on the 29er

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

one more

The Enduro 29's 1st trip to the local jumps. I just didn't want to suck any worse than on my 26! Actually the bike felt playful and able to jump but more stable.Also, met Capt Keith on his Spesh Demo. He was hitting the big boy jumps. After my battery died in the Contour (also a dead pixel which they will fix...best customer service!) I got some phone video of Keith which looks like 70's video tape! Ron Burgundy on a BMX!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Video of a group ride mostly shot from the E-29

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Another Group Video shot 'from' the E-29

Elitest thrill junkie
    2014s are shipping and arriving an they have Pikes. I'm going to ride mine now. More later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2014 Specialized Enduro 29 SE Comp 2 Vids of the Bike in Action-image.jpg  

"It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

Cassoulet forever !
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    2014s are shipping and arriving an they have Pikes. I'm going to ride mine now. More later.
    Does the Pike come in 150 or 160mm ?
    Frenchspeaking 29"ers community site http://VingtNeuf.org

Mountain Lion Bait
    I was told the Pikes are 160mm. In all honesty, I'd rather have the Fox 150.

Elitest thrill junkie
    It's 160, but it's about the same axle to crown as the fox, they managed to make it shorter for the same amount of travel. The pike is off the chart, it really encourages you to push it harder because it just gets better the faster you go and rougher it gets. It's the way I know good suspension works. A little softer low speed compression and transition than my avalanche stuff, but only slightly and very similar high-speed compression traits when compared to it, which is hard to do because not much ever stacks up against that stuff. Roots just completely disappear under it. Compression damper gives great usable range adjustment, as well as you're not stuck with 3 adjustments like the fox CTD stuff. I don't think the fox stuff would be terrible, but this is a good step above it. Really, the plushest air-suspension I think I've ever used.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by K2D2 View Post
    I don't post often, but I always consult the forums/reviews for advice, so in case anyone wants to see the new Enduro 29 in action, here are it's maiden voyage and 2nd ride--a quick local ride.

that was well done video, enjoyed it!

mtbr member
    Sep 2004

Jumps North of 50

I'm north of 50, never rode motocross and BMX didn't exist when I was a kid, so I never jumped anything other than a Schwinn from plywood propped up on a cinder block. But this bike has inspired me to learn, so I built a ramp (non radius, no 'kicker') to try to progress on a gradual learning curve vs out on the trail where the penalty is greater for failure on an unknown jump. So this video is more for the 'seasoned rider' who is looking for a bike to progress their skills from cross country/trail to something a little more challenging. (I know this bike and most people getting it have a skill set far beyond this.) This is so well within the design of this bike and it is so stable and rugged that it inspires confidence to advance.

Mountain Lion Bait
    I recently purchased a 2013 Stumpy FSR Comp 29. I kinda think I might have got the wrong bike. I like it, but I've always had either all-mountain (nomad) or freeride (bullit2) bikes. I'm seriously considering getting a enduro comp se 29 and selling the stumpy. My dealer has a large in stock i'm going to test ride on sat, and if I like it he's going to bring in a medium for me. My other option is to install the new 2014 Fox 140 Float that I just got on my stumpy and sell the 130 Talas that came with it. Won't have the suspension that the enduro has, but it will make it closer to a stumpy evo in the suspension dept. I'm looking for something to replace my nomad as it is getting long in the tooth.

Elitest thrill junkie
    Depends, the Stumpjumper EVO is a very VERY capable bike. I guess going all the way to the Enduro gets you the ability to ride the full on DH stuff a bit more (did a day at the ski resort last weekend and had a blast), but most of the time it is a bit more weight obviously. The Evo is going to do most of what the Enduro can do, most of the time. How hard are you going to ride?

mtbr member
    This is not an action video I'm posting here, but more an overview of my bike. Enjoy !

My Specialized Enduro 29er S-Works - YouTube
    2012 > IBIS Mojo HD > Can do it all, up, over, down, under...just everything
    2013 > Stumpjumper FSR 29er > New Trail Rocket

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Great looking Bike! The Pike is supposed to be great and the XTR stuff looks great. I would have preferred any level of Shimano for the brakes and shifters.

Mountain Lion Bait
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem View Post
    Depends, the Stumpjumper EVO is a very VERY capable bike. I guess going all the way to the Enduro gets you the ability to ride the full on DH stuff a bit more (did a day at the ski resort last weekend and had a blast), but most of the time it is a bit more weight obviously. The Evo is going to do most of what the Enduro can do, most of the time. How hard are you going to ride?
    I ride my equipment moderately hard. I'm down in San Diego working at the moment and have mainly been riding down here, but I live in Sac, and typically ride Downieville & Auburn. I ride Northstar too, but only on my Bullit2. So I want the bike to be able to handle aggressive trail conditions, but not full on DH like one would find at N*. I'm pretty sure my Stumpy with the new fork wouldn't have an issue with my intended use, and be a little more forgiving on the climbs than the Enduro. I'm afraid to do the test ride tomorrow because I know I'll want one.

Elitest thrill junkie
    I'd say it might end up overkill of you intend to ride the bullit. Otherwise, the 2014 stumpy evo with a dropper post would be my pick.

Mountain Lion Bait
    Yeah, I set the Bullit up strictly for DH/Freeride. I think with the new fork (just got it from UPS, it is sweet), I'll be somewhat close to the stumpy EVO geo/suspension with my stumpy elite. And that should be enough to handle whatever I throw at it. The Enduro 20 Comp SE looks awesome and every review I've seen says how badass they are. Still might have to check the Enduro out tomorrow, just for shits and giggles.

Mountain Lion Bait
    Well, anyone that is on the fence about getting the new enduro comp 29'r should NOT go and test ride one. Now I have a month old Stumpy FSR Elite 29'r AND a 2014 Enduro Comp SE 29'r. Fork me. Got it in medium, black on black. Comes with the Pike and Formula brakes. Anyone want to buy a new stumpy, cheap?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    I know the feeling. I went 'just to look', took a test ride and left with a bike! (But it's a pretty special bike)
    Quote Originally Posted by renderedtoast View Post
    Well, anyone that is on the fence about getting the new enduro comp 29'r should NOT go and test ride one. Now I have a month old Stumpy FSR Elite 29'r AND a 2014 Enduro Comp SE 29'r. Fork me. Got it in medium, black on black. Comes with the Pike and Formula brakes. Anyone want to buy a new stumpy, cheap?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast