Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

2013 Superfly Elite SL vs. Superfly Comp.

6K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  swalburn 
#1 ·
Bike model comparison - Trek Bicycle

Trying to decide if the price differnce is justifyable. I prefer XT as I've never had SRAM but For the price I would be ok with Sram 9.0. As for the Frame and Shock upgrades?

I would be able to get the Elite SL for $800 more due to employee pricing.

Thanks

#5 ·
It depends on the Alpha frame. If it has rear seat stay compliance like a Scott Scale 29 Pro frame I would be interested in just a frame if I could get a shop discount At this level everyone begins to have their preferred components. I have two wheel sets with Dt rear hubs, a Moots ti setback seatpost and SLR seat. I'd go XT or SLX brakes and SLX or XT drivetrain XTR shifters with Shadow + rear. I like a Manitou Tower Pro fork and Easton carbon bars with Ergons. With a shop discount I could build something I'd like better than either model, maybe for less. Fox seems to have hooked up with a motorcycle suspension company to improve their seals. The fork difference may be worth it if they have improved. So the frame and fork are new things you need more info on to know if they are worth it. The brakes are $150 or less with your discount and definately worth it.

#7 ·
I'm in the exact same boat as you. I'm also considering the 2013 Scott Sale 910 which is all XT as well. I can get the Scott for 900 bucks less than the Trek SL. I can get the Trek Comp for about 1100 bucks less than the Trek Elite Sl. Honestly, i'm leaning toward getting the Scott. If I hate the bike at least I can swap the parts to different frame. The Trek G2 geometry would make it more difficult to switch components (fork) if I wanted something else down the line. If I splurge of the Trek, I think I wll get the SL. However, if I go the cheaper route it will probably be the Scott Scale 910.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.