• 11-21-2012
    pisgahproductions
    4 Attachment(s)
    2013 Rocky Mountain Element BC Edition has arrived!
    Out of the box mods: Industry Nine Wheels and Answer 20/20 bars. I'll post a ride report as soon as I have one.
  • 11-21-2012
    ccaddy
    .....28# ??
    Bit of a porker .
    What size is it ?
  • 11-21-2012
    pisgahproductions
    Quote:

Originally Posted by ccaddy View Post
    .....28# ??
    Bit of a porker .
    What size is it ?

Porker is relative..... I'm coming off a 30# hardtail :lol:
    It's a Medium.
  • 11-22-2012
    gritnteeth
    I think 28# is great. 120mm fork, dropper post, stronger flow rims makes a sturdy bike at a respectable weight. Not really meant to be a dedicated cross country racer. love it. Can't wait to hear your review. thanks for sharing!
  • 11-22-2012
    SingleTrackLovr
    Doesn't sound very porker to me. Nice ride very nice upgrades.
    If one of those xc racer ever rode a real trail they be bringing their light weight plastic bike home in a box.
  • 11-22-2012
    shekky
    Quote:

.....28# ??
    Bit of a porker .
    What size is it ?

dissing on somebody's new bike like that is very bad form.
  • 11-22-2012
    Learux
    Nice bike dude, I ride an element 950 and love the platform.

Have fun with it.
  • 11-22-2012
    LeeL
    Quote:

.....28# ??
    Bit of a porker .
    What size is it ?

It is to eastern Canadian weight weenie retards.

Nice bike pisgah. Do yourself a favour and ditch the X-king on the front
  • 11-23-2012
    bonesetter2004
    Very nice - look forward to hearing your impressions
  • 11-23-2012
    socalrider77
    Not used to 100mm or if it is 80mm rear shocks compared to my 120mm. Looks very small lol. Nice bike though I wish mine weighed that much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • 11-23-2012
    Sharil
    awesome color!
  • 11-23-2012
    mlx john
    Very cool bike. I'm sure you'll enjoy. :thumbsup:
    28 # for a FS 29er with a dropper post is excellent.
  • 11-23-2012
    teamdicky
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pisgahproductions View Post
    Out of the box mods: Industry Nine Wheels and Answer 20/20 bars...

and a pair of twenty year old Time pedals.
  • 11-23-2012
    Oliver
    Where is the Rocky dealer in NC? I am looking at the Element and Altitude. I am in the Triangle area, and have not seen a Rocky dealer.
  • 11-24-2012
    freighttrain48
    Quote:

.....28# ??
    Bit of a porker .
    What size is it ?

Its funny first thought that went through my head was wow, That element is 4 lbs lighter than my 2012 altitude 970, then I thought I bet that thing will rip around the NC trails. enjoy your rocky man
  • 11-27-2012
    pisgahproductions
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver View Post
    Where is the Rocky dealer in NC? I am looking at the Element and Altitude. I am in the Triangle area, and have not seen a Rocky dealer.

Asheville: Pro Bikes

Brevard: The Hub
  • 11-27-2012
    Bigfoots
    nice ride!
  • 11-28-2012
    pisgahproductions
    1 Attachment(s)
    So far I'm very pleased with the build and the weight that comes along with it. Since the first photos I've tossed out the tubes, added Stan's and Kenda Nevegals. I have two rides on it as of 11/28/12.

First let me say I've been riding mountain bikes for 21 years now and the last eight have been on WaltWorks hardtails. My favorite bike (before the RMBC) is my WaltWorks 'Freeride'. Slack headtube, long travel fork, BURLY build so the RMBC feels rather svelte in comparison.

Quick first impressions:
    Technical climbing: Best done in the 100 setting on the fork. I'm very pleased to not have a dedicated 120 on this frame. The front end wanders on tech stuff in 120.
    Steep climbs: I didn't notice as much wander in 120 (when I forgot to drop back to 100) on smooth steeps as I did in the tech stuff.
    Tech descents: I turned the fork and shock to the descend setting for big descents for both rides. This changed the bike from a nimble racer to a FR sled. It blows my mind how much the shock effects the bike as a whole. In the tech the front end stays put until I pick up the front wheel, which seems incredibly easy.
    High speed descents: Point. and. shoot. Cornering? on rails. Unexpected tech? lean back, lift the front wheel, smash through it. Fast Fast Fast.

So, ehhh, not bad.
  • 11-28-2012
    TwoTone
    Nice bike, how are the bars?

Man I need to find someone near me with those bars so I can try them.
  • 11-28-2012
    pisgahproductions
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoTone View Post
    Nice bike, how are the bars?

Man I need to find someone near me with those bars so I can try them.

Thanks. The bars (coming off Mary's since 08 or so) feel like bars.... but lighter!
  • 11-28-2012
    Michaud
    Thanks for the review, I've been looking on the net to find recent reviews. I am looking into buying another bike and I had the chance to demo for two days a BC edition (undersized I am 6'2'' and tested a M frame, not quite sure what size would be best for me) that was undersized and in rainy conditions but I was more than impressed with the rig. I presently own a 26' 2009 specialized stumpy elite and looking to get a more efficient climber but I don't want to let go of the descending effectiveness of a stumpy to much. I am an ex motocross racer. I have to say that this thing is the closest if not as good or better going downhill than my present ride. Corners like a 26', front wheel pops up easily and 120 front travel seems just right for the more aggressive descending XC rider. Pedal bob seems inexistent. And smokes my present ride going uphill. I have to say I haven't demoed a bunch of XC bikes but I did try a spech epic, wich seemed like a great climber without a doubt but not even close in handling for descending compared to this bc edition. Now if anybody has an Idea on which size would be right for me or how I could figure it out, I would really appreciate and would be one step closer to ordering one.
  • 11-28-2012
    Gabe63
    Nice bike!
  • 11-28-2012
    preachinmachine
    2 Attachment(s)
    New BC Edition
    Just got it in on November 26th....beautiful bike but I have decided to let it go while it's still new...have it listed on MTBR and eBay....let me know if you're interested and I can fill you in on the details. By the way, this is a size XL which is really more like a Large in some bikes.Email me at Ax239@yahoo.com or give me a call 903-244-7601.
  • 11-28-2012
    TBarnaby
    OP - Diggin' it!
  • 11-29-2012
    LeeL
    Michaud - you might be either a L or XL depending on how long your arms are. Have a look at this -http://reviews.mtbr.com/2013-rocky-mountain-element-rsl-carbon-29er-preview/geo1

Preach who has the bike on sale is right. Rockies run small.