N2B
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 jet 9 rdo vs scalpel 29 for XC

whats best ?! Id come from riding HT so I like to get up and hammer so as little bob as possible

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Re: 2013 jet 9 rdo vs scalpel 29 for XC

Jet 9 no doubt

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab

Carbon & Ti rule
    Jet9 RDO is a very fast bike & a super good seated or standing & mashing the pedals.

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    The Niner will have better suspension geometery. It should have smother action through travel. The carbon Scalpel has engineered frame flex which makes the suspension act stiffer. Also the Scalpel 1 has rear remote lock out. In theory you could feel a difference in lateral frame stiffness in the Cannondale as it has less pivots with larger axles.

Your Best Friend
    You're also making a fork choice on these two, drastic differences. The Cannondale is an excellent bike but my choice would be the Niner.
    I guide and rent bikes in Northern Utah

http://www.facebook.com/AdventureEarthRides

mtbr member
    I have owned a scapel and loved every min of it, In fact i have had 2 scapels and 2 rush's and never thought that i would say this but the niner in my opinon is the better choice. I was blown away by the niner and am currently in the market for one myself

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scapel View Post
    I have owned a scapel and loved every min of it, In fact i have had 2 scapels and 2 rush's and never thought that i would say this but the niner in my opinon is the better choice. I was blown away by the niner and am currently in the market for one myself
    Nuff said! Can't ask for a better endorsement than that. Get the Niner! BTW, I have the RDO myself. It is the most fun, capable all around bike I have ever owned. Haven't heard anyone regret owing one. You will love it. Here's mine. 2013 jet 9 rdo vs scalpel 29 for XC-image.jpg
    Single Track Rules!

N2B
    mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    Nice bike, ive just made a order on a 2013 green rdo frame from shop and a used scalpel 1 on ebay

mtbr member
    Dec 2009

Re: 2013 jet 9 rdo vs scalpel 29 for XC

Why do you bought both bikes?

Send from Tapatalk via GalaxyTab