mtbr member
    Mar 2013

2013 Haro Flightline Sport

So the reason Im writing this is cause the new bike I purchased today doesn't have a review page on here or anywhere else on the internet. (cause its fairly new i guess) All I found was a shaky video on youtube. Anyway I feel like its an awesome bike, also my first. And I feel pretty special that Im writing about it first haha anyway I feel like everyone should know about it.

I got the bike for 575.00 including tax and 10% off at my LBS!!! Also 3 free tune ups. I studied all the bikes in my price range (630.00) and this Haro seemed to be the best choice. I went to a lot of bike shops and even considered bikes direct. Anyway this bike was the same MSRP as the Trek Wahoo. I was really considering the Trek and after all the reviews I read and info I got it seemed like every bike is made in china and that you're just paying for the brand name.

Well the Haro has hydraulic disc brakes whereas the Trek has mechanical. They basically have the same fork, and for a beginner I figured Im not gonna ride hard enough to affect the fork. I mean dont get me wrong I wanna ride hard eventually but by that time Ill have enough for a new fork and I already have hydraulic brakes. If I got the trek Id have to upgrade both, thats the way I saw it.

Anyway im happy with my purchase but Ive also only rode it once haha
    but I got the itch and Ill let you guys know how it goes. If you have any ?'s ask away.

Im planning on upgrading the pedals first (they're plastic), then maybe going tubeless (a lot of thorns in Texas), and idk after that. Give me suggestions on upgrades and let me know what you think.

I also wanna plastidip my bike cause I dont really like the grapics, but Ill live. Anyone ever done it?

SPECS

• SR Suntour XCT 29, 100mm w/ mechanical lock out
    • Suntour XCT 42/32/22 crankset with sealed cartridge BB
    • Shimano Acera rear derailleur
    • WTB Weirwolf grips
    • Shimano SL-M310 8-speed shifters
    • WTB Volt Sport SE saddle
    • Weinmann XM-25 Disc alloy double wall rims
    • Tektro HDC-300 hydraulic disc brakeset

MSRP: $629.99
    WEIGHT: 31.5 lbs
    SIZES: 16", 18", 20"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2013 Haro Flightline Sport-haro1.jpg  

2013 Haro Flightline Sport-haro2.jpg  

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I have a 2010 Haro Flightline Trail (26er) that I bought as my entry into mountain biking. I've ridden it just about every week in the spring/summer since purchase and nothing has failed on it so far. I've ridden it pretty hard and haven't always been kind to it, but it's never let me down. I'm looking to upgrade this year to the 29er Haro Flightline but there isn't really a lot of information about these bikes on the internet. I'd really like to see some video reviews, or something comparing them to other bikes in their price range.

The dealer who I purchased my original Flightline from dealt primarily in Trek mountain bikes. The technician who put my bike together said he was impressed with the quality and thought the bike was on par with the Trek's they sold at that price range...not sure if he was just making the sale or serious.

What I'm specifically interested in is weight. I always thought my Flightline felt heavy, especially compared to my dad's Specialized Rockhopper. I wonder if they've shaved off some lbs with the new frame style.

Anyway, I guess I'm just thinking out loud. Enjoy your bike. Please let me know your thoughts on it.