mtbr member
    Jul 2009

2013 Felt Edict Nine 3

I haven't seen much about these bikes and was wondering if anybody had any info on them. My local shop has one priced a $3200 and the detail of the bike is awesome.

I am looking for a better cross country bike. My current bike is an 11 Fuel EX9. I want something that will climb well and ride well. But the specs don't seem like much. Plus the bike sparked my attention because you just don't see Felt MTB's in my area.

mtbr member
    The new-for-2013 Felt Nine hardtails are awesome. Everyone I know who has ridden one and/or owns one raves about them (myself included). You can obviously always change parts on it, but I really think the geo/ride quality is dialed. And this is coming from someone that, until I rode the 2013 Felt Nines, HATED 29ers.

So yeah, check it out and see if they'll let you test ride it. I think you'll dig it.

mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    Would love to know myself, can get a team deal and wanting to move to a full suspension XC bike. Looks like it's between the Edict Nine 3 and Giant Anthem Advanced 29er 2

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    I get mine at the end of the week so will let you know what it is like. Has anyone else been out on one yet. Any setup tweaks that help??

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    My Edict Nine LTD arrived in Nov and have been loving every minute on it. F.A.S.T. platform is pretty amazing. Very little peddle bob even in Trail mod. Pretty easy to set the shock in "T" and forget about it. I will lockout the Float fork for long climbs. I love my LTD but also had the chance to demo an Edict Nine 2 and rent an Edit Nine 3 for a day while in Phoenix. LTD is obviously lighter, has the benefits of XTR (as small as they may be) and carbon Reynolds just top off the Ferrari performance. Bottom line, all three models are outstanding. Hard to beat the value of the 3 for a full suspension carbon bike. Handling is crisp, climbings like it is at the top of its class. I ride a hard tail single speed for my other 29er and it climbs almost as good. Mods- I went with a 110mm -7 stem, 720mm low rise bars and a KS dropper post. I think it is just about perfect.