mtbr member
    Aug 2008

2013 Devinci Atlas carbon 29er

Devinci Atlas Carbon Frame - Fanatik Bike Co. - Bellingham Wa

Looks really interesting. Fanatik Site says 4.5 lbs??? Even at 5.5 lbs it would be interesting. Really Short stays. 110 of travel. Can run 100-140 fork. Adjustable geo. $2100. Seems like a killer match with a fox 34 set at 120-130. Plus the sizing is better than Santa Cruz for us 5' 10" guys.

Love the idea of dw link over VPP. I've been waiting for the 429c but disappointed with the weight. Ripely, Turner Czar... Maybe this summer but more money. If split pivot is similar to DW Link then this could be an option.

What do you think? Any one else thinking about this bike? I like the color and the fact that it is a small brand too.
    Last edited by jhardeman; 02-18-2013 at 07:19 AM.

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    rear triangle is of aluminum.
    so, i would look at full carbon frames

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    Everything about the Atlas looks good to me too... I would have ordered one for this season but framesets weren't available to me until March...

According to Devinci (they respond quickly to emails), the weight of the Large frameset with rear shock, seat collar, axle and all pivots is around 6lbs. It's not a whippet-light XC frame, but is burly, stiff and efficient.

The Atlas suspension is not DW-Link. Devinci's Split-Pivot design is designed by D. Weagle, but the pivot positions and linkages are completely different than DW-link implemented on Ibis etc. Split-pivot has a fairly similar 'feel' while riding (it has a lot of anti-squat in the granny and middle ring), but it's not the same. Not better or worse, just different.

Devinci has great support, warranty, etc.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWheelMan View Post

According to Devinci (they respond quickly to emails), the weight of the Large frameset with rear shock, seat collar, axle and all pivots is around 6lbs.

The Atlas suspension is not DW-Link. Devinci's Split-Pivot design is designed by D. Weagle, but the pivot positions and linkages are completely different than DW-link implemented on Ibis etc. Split-pivot has a fairly similar 'feel' while riding (it has a lot of anti-squat in the granny and middle ring), but it's not the same. Not better or worse, just different.

Devinci has great support, warranty, etc.
    Thanks for the reply. 6 lbs seems more reasonable. The Fanatik site says "For 2013, the Atlas gets a full carbon makeover, resulting in a 4.56-lb frame weight - over a pound lighter than the aluminum model." Maybe the medium gets a little under 6 which makes it competitive.

I already have a carbon HT, so I am wanting something a little burlier for Trail riding that can still be around 26-28 lbs.

A local shop is bringing Devinci in this season which is what turned me on to this.

mtbr member
    Jan 2012
    Take a look at the JET 9 RDO, the frame alone at $1580 is a steal! The rear triangle is carbon too. You can easily get this to 23-24 lbs. You can get one of the bigger companies to price match and get the lifetime buyback guarantee like CC or Backcountry offers.

Niner Jet 9 RDO - 2012 from Departmentofgoods.com

Niner Jet9 RDO Carbon Frame 2012 from Bike Bling