"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"

2012 Stumpjumper FSR Comp Carbon 29er

2012 Stumpy FSR Comp Carbon 29er
    New bike weighed 28.8 lbs...all stock (no pedals)

Changed everything to XTR...Complete drive-train and brakes... Went tub-less... FSR Carbon bar... Only handy-cap is back-lite seat post (1lb heavier than reg. seat post)... Shimano XTR pedals... 27.4lbs...

With lighter wheels I'll break into the 25-26lb class...Not Bad for a Stumpy FSR Carbon 29er

Just rode for four days in a row... Mental vacation break... "LOV THE XTR STUFF"...

If anyone is undecided about this bike ... Go for it... You wont regret it...

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I ordered a FSR Expert EVO 29... can't wait!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    I ordered a FSR Expert EVO 29... can't wait!
    I've had mine for a couple weeks now & absolutely love it.!
    Santa Cruz Tallboy LTC
    Yeti 575
    Troy Lee Designs
    Airpark Bikes

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    I love both of the bikes mentioned above. I am definitely either going with the EVO FSR 29 or the Carbon FSR 29.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Quote Originally Posted by hefeweizan View Post
    I love both of the bikes mentioned above. I am definitely either going with the EVO FSR 29 or the Carbon FSR 29.
    I changed my fsa 680mm bar to a race face 725mm SIXCl bar and it feels much better...I like the wider grip...I fell it gives me more control...I'm still dialing in the suspension... Bike is awesome!!...

I think either way you go you wont regret it...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    2012 Stumpy FSR Comp Carbon 29er
    New bike weighed 28.8 lbs...all stock (no pedals)

Changed everything to XTR...Complete drive-train and brakes... Went tub-less... FSR Carbon bar... Only handy-cap is back-lite seat post (1lb heavier than reg. seat post)... Shimano XTR pedals... 27.4lbs...

With lighter wheels I'll break into the 25-26lb class...Not Bad for a Stumpy FSR Carbon 29er

Just rode for four days in a row... Mental vacation break... "LOV THE XTR STUFF"...

If anyone is undecided about this bike ... Go for it... You wont regret it...
    Sounds great and don't take it the wrong way but wouldn't it have been cheaper to build it frame up?

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    Sounds great and don't take it the wrong way but wouldn't it have been cheaper to build it frame up?
    I was going that way but the only carbon stumpy 29er frame is an S-works... I would need an additional $2500.00-$3000.00 to finish the bike properly... and I was already $1000.00 over my initial budget... its always the same problem with me and my bikes...
    IT"S ONLY MONEY...RIGHT?...

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    I had a friend of mine send me the rear triangle and brain system off his S-works... The front triangle of his bike was damaged by an accident in his garage... Anyways I got it on Friday and had my lbs mechanic install the brain system only... the rear triangle has possible damage... I rode it over the weekend and after trying different setups I ended up liking it in the fully open position... Goes to show you... Were better off without a brain...

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    I have a 2009, and have been real happy with it. Could only imagine a 2012.

mtbr member
    Jan 2010
    Great bike the Stumpjumper, many happy miles.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by torque29er View Post
    I was going that way but the only carbon stumpy 29er frame is an S-works... I would need an additional $2500.00-$3000.00 to finish the bike properly... and I was already $1000.00 over my initial budget... its always the same problem with me and my bikes...
    IT"S ONLY MONEY...RIGHT?...
    Yeah, I guess I'm the same way. I'm always tinkering with mine, it's usually upgrading to stiffer forks, wider/burlier wheelsets, chainring combo experimenting, dropper posts and chainguides, and stem length fine tuning. After two or three years I've found I spent more than what I paid for it. I suppose if I bought an upper level to top model to begin with I save money in the long run and wouldn't need to upgrade so much. Spending around $5k on a bike is tough to swallow but is beginning to make more sense, especially a versatile FS trailbike which gets probably 70% or more of my total ride time.

"THE RIDE IS MY CHURCH"
    Quote Originally Posted by masterofnone View Post
    Yeah, I guess I'm the same way. I'm always tinkering with mine, it's usually upgrading to stiffer forks, wider/burlier wheelsets, chainring combo experimenting, dropper posts and chainguides, and stem length fine tuning. After two or three years I've found I spent more than what I paid for it. I suppose if I bought an upper level to top model to begin with I save money in the long run and wouldn't need to upgrade so much. Spending around $5k on a bike is tough to swallow but is beginning to make more sense, especially a versatile FS trailbike which gets probably 70% or more of my total ride time.
    Its like having an expensive girl friend on the side...

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    My Stumpy FSR 29er is loads of fun, climbs better than my 25 lbs, 6" 26er and way better on the down hill.
    Narrow and rugged is the path that leads to life and few find it.