mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2012 Jamis Exile Comp??

Hello,

I have searched for hours and hours trying to find some discussion related to the 2012 Jamis Exile Comp and have come up pretty much empty. For that reason, I have decided to create an account and start a thread for it. (My First Post)

My main questions are in regards to the very unique frame. It is constructed unlike any other hardtail 29er I have come across with its S-bend Down tube (sorry, fairly new to this but I'm starting to get the hang of the terminology) and it's extremely low standover. At first glance I thought it was a femme (girls bike?). Is this true? I mean I don't want to buy it and have it turn out to be a girls bike, that would be quite degrading.

Anyhow, I have become pretty familiar with most of the components and it seems like a good spec for $659.99, especially considering what the likes of trek and specialized are advertising at that price.

The last thing I was curious about is Weight. For the most part I will be riding XC similar to​ the likes of the Kettle-Morraine State Forest here in Wisconsin (not sure if anyone is familiar). It's mostly technical riding with A LOT of roots and rocks covering good sized climbs and descents. It most likely won't be used for racing, but I was curious if 31.50 lbs. is crazy heavy for a 29er used for hard but "just-for-fun" riding.

Your thoughts and insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again
    Last edited by For Waukee; 07-19-2013 at 05:54 PM.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Really, nothing? someone's gotta have some info for me. Anyone who owns or has ridden the bike have anything?

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    I have a 2013 Jamis Exile Comp and I love it. I did some cross country riding with it and it was great. I have the 21" frame which means it's a bit heavier than what the catalogue says. However it still feels relatively light. For the price I definitely don't have any complaints. If I were you, I would look for a Jamis distributor open to the public, because they'll be able to give you a better price than a retailer.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I like Jamis bikes. I still might buy a 12' Dragon Sport. I don't know if I could do the funny frame thing, but that's a really nice spec'd bike for that price, and will probably be pretty durable. But I don't know.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Hey what size are you, Exotechf1? How does the 21" fit you?

What is an example of a Jamis distributor open to the public?

Any other Comp riders out there?

At the going price, the Jamis Exile Comp is beating Bikes Direct bikes with price and a better fork, with similar componentery.

Also, have read that the Comp is more of an upright ride, is that true?

mtbr member
    Can't believe I'm just now seeing this. I had the same problem, couldn't find info on it! I ended up getting it, and I love it. Great budget bike, especially with the deal on Jenson USA.