mtbr member
    May 2011

2012 Giant xtc composite 29er 0Med.

I posted this here because I didn't see a wanted add section and I'm looking to buy a 2012 Giant xtc composite 0 medium the Blue and black one, I would get a 2013, but I'm not sold on the green yet and may just wait to check out the 2014's if I can't find one, post all info here I'm located near Sacramento Ca and it would be even better if I could take a look at it in person...
    Last edited by jjohns5; 03-16-2013 at 08:05 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Found a new zero left over inventory for a good price I'm stoked, putting a down payment on it tomorrow and picking it up May 1st. 3hrs. away so I'm waiting for a trip I had planned with the wife and made arrangements to grab it then, will post pics when it comes home...

mtbr member
    May 2011
    What's a good light 29er wheel set that isn't too wallet heavy knowing that this is probably the bikes' biggest weakness? I paid $2800 out the door what do you'll think?

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Stan's Arch, or Crest depending on your weight (around $500.00) or cheaper.
    Excellent wheels for the price I own 2 sets...
    2013 C-Dale Scalpel
    2013 Scott Genius 930

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Great bike and a great price...you did good. Stan's Arch EX would be perfect, but the Giant wheels are not that bad. The bike can handle pretty rough stuff and the Giant wheels can take a lot of abuse.

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks guys, I will most likely run the Giant wheels for a while, I wasn't panning on spending this much when I started shopping for another bike you know how that goes. Coming off my 2008 Giant Trance X0 I figured this bike would be hard to beat in the 29er hard tail category for the price, I can't wait for the trip to Monterey to pick it up...by the way they have one new XL left too...craigslist San Fran classifieds.

I should be studying...
    I bought a 2013 XTC 1 composite--the green/grey/black color scheme. It's my first 29er so I don't have much to compare to. After riding Niners, Specialized, Fischers/Treks etc. I found it to be the sharpest handling 29er, it may even be a bit more so than my 26" Softail. I live in michigan which is full of tight twisty single track. I went with the 2013 because I felt the XT/SLX component spec was nicer than the current Sram/Avid offerings. I will also contribute that yes, the wheels are anchors. I plan on going the stans or perhaps Pacenti route.
    Formerly known as iceaxe

mtbr member
    May 2011
    ^^^Sweet can't wait to pick it up. How are the Easton ea70 xct? I'm kind of thinking going the carbon Easton route on bars, seat post, stem ect...I had a few items on my Trance and really liked them.

mtbr member
    AWESOME!! great for you!! I had the 2013 XTC Composite 3 and loved it, but sold it for the Talon 29er 0 so I could have some extra money for a new set of road wheels since that is really my passion. but i loved my XTC. I would have kept it and gotten the wheels if I wasn't being somewhat responsible ;-)

mtbr member
    May 2011
    Thanks, I did some research before hand and felt that this was the bike for me, and I always wanted a composite.

I was thinking of calling up the shop where I'm picking it up from and asking if they would change the crank set from the x9 to an X0. Anyone have experience buying a new bike and then just paying the retail difference for the upgrade??

mtbr member
    My Shop, www.Aleganybicycleshop.com, we switch any part out you want and you just pay the difference in retail. Normally we give the customer two weeks to do this as long as the part isn't damaged.

Joe

mtbr member
    May 2011
    This^^^^sounds like what they are going to do, I have a call into them and they are going to get back to me, thanks.

mtbr member
    May 2011

My wifes new Trek Cali 29er

I had to get her something new too. This was the best bang for the buck, lighter than Raleigh,
    cheaper than Giant and Specialized and a 29er so she can keep up through the trails, she's happy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012 Giant xtc composite 29er 0Med.-img_2925.jpg