mtbr member
    Jun 2012

2012 Felt Nine Trail vs. 2012 Trek GF Marlin

It's really hard to tell which one I like more just riding around a parking lot. I'm not familiar with the forks, especially since I hadn't seen much on the specific model that is on the Felt. I think the Felt weighed a couple of lbs more, too but I'm not sure. The LBS was really pushing the Felt hard and kept saying it was better than the Marlin.

Felt Fork:SR Suntour SF11-XCR-MLO 29 100mm travel: 29'er fork, magnesium bottom case, mechanical lock out, 30mm bronze finished stanchions, post mount disc mount

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    I'm facing a similar conundrum. My LBS was trying to sell me the Felt nine trail over the Marlin as well.

I definitely need to test them some more.

Trail Tire TV on blogger
    bikes are damn close to the same really the only diff is the Sram or Shimano shifters.. I prefer Sram, but it's really a personal choice and neither is any better than the other..

The Felt is a tad steeper head angle which will give you a slightly snappier feeling steering.. though Trek/Fisher G2 help comp some of that ..?

which ever one feels better under your butt...
    Going to try and bring Trail Tire TV back. go take a look... http://trailtiretv.blogspot.com/