mtbr member
    Oct 2012

2012 Felt Nine Sport vs. 2012 Trek Mamba

As the title states, I have an LBS and a Trek store giving the same price for these 2 bikes.

I have read every possible review, compared spec sheets, the whole 9. I was wanting experience from someone who has ridden both, and has some viable information when trying to compare the 2. Any help mwould be much appericiated!

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I have a 2012 Mamba now, just bought a 2012 Specialized Epic FS to replace it. The Mamba is decent for the money, the fork is pretty basic though and if you are heavy it will not be sprung well enough for a heavier rider. I was bottoming mine out even at my new rider skill pretty easily.

I do like the brakes on my Mamba over the Epic though, the Shimano brakes flat out rock compaired to the Avid Elixir 7.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Im 175, Im not too worried about it and honestly that is first on my list for upgrades. I really like the geo of the Felt, but I wish it had the components of the Trek.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    If you get the Mamba let me know, I think I have mine sold and will be selling the Rockshox Reba RLT dual air fork I installed 2 weeks ago. $325 and it is your and will already be cut and have a star nut in it. only thing you will need to do is swap over the breaings and put it on the bike.

it made an imense difference in the bike, I just couldnt pass up the deal on the FS bike I got.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    After riding both extensively, one after another, I went with the Felt. The geometry just felt so much better, granted the specs are a tad less exciting than the Trek. I actually left my car at the bike shop and rode it home haha.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

singletrak junkie
    [QUOTE=TJay74;9794049]If you get the Mamba let me know, I think I have mine sold and will be selling the Rockshox Reba RLT dual air fork I installed 2 weeks ago. $325 and it is your and will already be cut and have a star nut in it. only thing you will need to do is swap over the breaings and put it on the bike.

Still have those shocks for sale and are they G2
    "do it in the dirt "