mtbr member

2012 Camber Comp or 2013

I need some help deciding which way to go. My LBS has a 2012 Camber on sale which will save me $200 over a 2013. Based on what I read, the 2013 has several design improvements but they went from using Fox to RockShox and downgraded the brakes for 2013. Would I be better off buying the 2012 or 2013?

mtbr member
    I own the Camber Comp and am very satisfied with the bike overall. I am sure the 2013 is an upgrade in certain respects as compared to the 2012. Compare, buy and don't regret. Here's the web sites:

Specialized Bicycle Components

Specialized Bicycle Components

Brakes are a downgrade, drive train for me is a toss up because I own both on two different bikes, fork goes from Fox to Reba (Solo air) downgrade? Looking at the pics the rear triangle has also changed. Overall I would say there is a definite weight savings from the 12 version. It is newer so it should be "better". Isn't that why they do updates?
    Last edited by sgtjim57; 02-11-2013 at 08:01 AM.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    They sold the 2012 so looks like I'll be ordering the 2013. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm a good enough rider to tell the difference in the two but loved the way they rode. I'm going to think positive and agree that the 2013 is an upgrade :-)

Thanks for all the feedback.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewadley View Post
    They sold the 2012 so looks like I'll be ordering the 2013. To be honest, I'm not sure I'm a good enough rider to tell the difference in the two but loved the way they rode. I'm going to think positive and agree that the 2013 is an upgrade :-)

Thanks for all the feedback.
    Just enjoy it. I would.
    2013 Specialized Carbon Camber Pro 29er (Warranty frame and other stuff)
    2011 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    hi mike
    im looking to buy this bike or at least put a deposit on one today. ive just sold my trek 6500 hardtail and want a better bike.

what do you think of it?

cheers

mtbr member
    I have to admit, it has exceeded my expectations. It has taken my riding to the next level after coming off a Cannondale hardtail. Guys in my regular riding group that I had a hard time keeping up with are now having a hard time keeping up with me. As it turned out, I'm glad I didn't buy the 2012 since it was an XL and I turned out liking the L better. I don't think you can go wrong getting the Camber.
    Ride like you stole it!

2015 Camber Carbon Expert EVO
    2014 Camber Comp