Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 100 of 104
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85

    2011 Sette Razzo 2.0 29er arrived today

    My bike arrived today and here are the first pics. I'll do a review in the coming weeks. I did take it for a short ride today and was very impressed with it. My god is this thing fast. I'll ride my Specialized Epic back to back with this to give anyone an idea of what they'll notice going from a 26" FS XC bike to to a No Name Brand HT 29er. I did not find anyone with a 2011 before I bought this so I figured that I'll share a little info for anyone thinking about getting one.

    Check out the first pics at my site

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    797
    Looks pretty nice. I like the white and gray frame. Be sure to post up a review.
    Enjoy the ride!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    So, one thing that you don't notice in the pictures on the companies website is that the frame is actually not white and gray. It is actually light gray and dark gray, the only thing that is white on the bike is the fork. I'll try to see if I can get it to come out better in pictures, it is definitely more apparent in person.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Some pics

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334632121/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5282/5334632121_3a43a1228a.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334632743/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5250/5334632743_5878a6d6ff.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335249664/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5286/5335249664_4e8cefa35b.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335249198/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5289/5335249198_bf4e740550.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334633321/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5243/5334633321_832385786f.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334633139/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5164/5334633139_269f5525fb.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334632953/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5128/5334632953_456ea61ea5.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335248274/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5335248274_7526be59e2.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335248082/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5168/5335248082_2006f82f63.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334631943/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5041/5334631943_9dcf2c8568.jpg" width="332" height="500" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335249512/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5165/5335249512_29b4ac4abe.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335249890/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5123/5335249890_67338f0c4a.jpg" width="332" height="500" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335250132/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5130/5335250132_6e014d682e.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335250372/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5088/5335250372_6d765a0cb1.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5334634869/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5081/5334634869_9b2a6aed37.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335250780/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5164/5335250780_1fce9b904b.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5335250992/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5335250992_e67ed683f7.jpg" width="500" height="332" alt="" /></a>

  5. #5
    get down!
    Reputation: appleSSeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,183
    wow, that's a sharp bike
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

    visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Thanks man.

  7. #7
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    502
    good looking bike, I like the colors. And nice WIDE bars

  8. #8
    Short-Change-Hero
    Reputation: gregnash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,739
    Definitely a good looking bike and interested to see how she rides. Are those flat bars that came with it or just incredibly low rise? Looks like the setup is pretty good for the 2.0!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by gregnash
    Definitely a good looking bike and interested to see how she rides. Are those flat bars that came with it or just incredibly low rise? Looks like the setup is pretty good for the 2.0!
    Low rise bars.

  10. #10
    Map Maker
    Reputation: cbchess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,253
    good lord that seems like a ton of seatpost sticking out of the bike. it might just be the angle of the photo.
    What size frame did you get? how tall are you?

    looks like a very nice frame!
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    good lord that seems like a ton of seatpost sticking out of the bike. it might just be the angle of the photo.
    What size frame did you get? how tall are you?

    looks like a very nice frame!
    The seatpost hadn't been adjusted at the time of the photo. It's a medium (18) and I'm 5-9

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation: trumpus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    633
    Great looking bike...and my new top contender!

    Is the fork a standard QR or 15 mm TA?

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by trumpus
    Great looking bike...and my new top contender!

    Is the fork a standard QR or 15 mm TA?
    Standard QR.

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25
    What are your ride impressions so far?

  15. #15
    get down!
    Reputation: appleSSeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    2,183
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    good lord that seems like a ton of seatpost sticking out of the bike.

    SEATPOST POLICE!


    That's the first thing my friends who don't ride say when they see my bikes...and I guess I say the same thing to people who ride with too low of a seatpost..not getting the correct leg extension
    Rudy Projects look ridiculous

    visit my blog, BEATS, BIKES & LIFE

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    17
    What tires are those?

  17. #17
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    153
    Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaRider
    What tires are those?
    Kenda Small Block 8s.

    s760, great lookin bike man

  18. #18
    Its got what plants crave
    Reputation: Jim311's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,934
    Your garage is way too neat.
    Ocala Mountain Bike Association - www.omba.org

  19. #19
    CB2
    CB2 is offline
    Jam Econo
    Reputation: CB2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    4,214
    We come all the way over to your post and all you've got for us is Lite beer?


    I'm very tempted to get one of those frames...

  20. #20
    Trail Junkie
    Reputation: dubdryver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    2,177
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Your garage is way too neat.
    His house looks brand new, probably doesn't have enough to clutter it up yet! Not only that but he lives in Texas, all the houses are bigger there..not to mention the real estate its built on!
    Ibis Ripley LS
    Intense Spider 29 C
    Cervelo S2
    Trek Boone 5 Disc
    Spech Tricross Expert
    Raleigh RX 1.0

  21. #21
    Missouri sucks...
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,306
    Central vac AND a CRV??? Of course his garage is clean

    I don't think there's a nicer bike on the market for the money. WAY better looking than the old Razzo and BikesDirect stuff...

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    56

    How is she?

    So how does this baby perform? I am really considering this or the other with the slx/xt. Anyone have opinions on the the extra $200 bucks for the shimano drivetrain and brakes?

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    205
    Weight?

  24. #24
    mtbr member
    Reputation: toddre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,383
    Quote Originally Posted by CB2

    I'm very tempted to get one of those frames...
    Whoa... That must be the cabin fever talking.....

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mlk3454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    150
    Are you running tubes in those wheels? I have those rims too and looking to try tubeless this spring.

  26. #26
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by mlk3454
    Are you running tubes in those wheels? I have those rims too and looking to try tubeless this spring.
    I converted the Mavic 719 tubeless last year using a split tubes. Worked fine. I'm guessing you shouldn't have issues with other methods either.

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1
    I just ordered a 2011 Sette Razzo 2.0 29er too. I just sold my 2004 Cannondale Jekyll 800 and can't wait to try out my new ht 29er. I think it will be a positive change for my adventure racing. I looked at many other bikes including Specialized Rockhopper pro and LTD 29er, Giant XTC 1/2, Scott Scale team and Elite, Trek/GF x-caliber, Felt, and Cannondale. A comparable package to the Sette would have cost $1800.00-$2000.00 plus tax. The Sette is $1335.00 delivered to my door. Yes, I would have received lifetime free tuneups, but I do all of my own bike work so it really didn't matter. I am a big supporter of my LBS but the savings was too big. Have you ridden it yet? I will report back on my first ride.

  28. #28
    Big Boy
    Reputation: texasnavy05's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    942
    .
    Quote Originally Posted by advracer221
    A comparable package to the Sette would have cost $1800.00-$2000.00 plus tax. The Sette is $1335.00 delivered to my door..

    my scale elite was 1350$ but not delivered to my door.

    Very sharp bike though, and i have to admit that paint scheme outdoes most others. especially the old razzo and the bikesdirect. Got a weight on that bad boy?
    -It's time to shred some mild to moderate gnar!!

  29. #29
    Uncle
    Reputation: Entrenador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,993

    BB height measurement?

    Hey OP:
    Their website shows a single measurement for BB height, and for head and seat tube angles, but this is a bit confusing because these measurements will change depending on the fork length. And of course, they don''t mention at which fork length these measurements were taken -- only saying only that 80-100mm is recommended.

    With that in mind, can you take these measurements? The unsagged BB height is of most interest to me, but if you have the Angle finder App on an iPhone, perhaps you can get seat tube and head tube angles as well?

    And oh yes -- that's an 80mm fork setting on yours, correct?

    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Every rose has it's thorn.

    enjoy the ear worm

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation: BaeckerX1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,228
    Quote Originally Posted by advracer221
    I just ordered a 2011 Sette Razzo 2.0 29er too. I just sold my 2004 Cannondale Jekyll 800 and can't wait to try out my new ht 29er. I think it will be a positive change for my adventure racing. I looked at many other bikes including Specialized Rockhopper pro and LTD 29er, Giant XTC 1/2, Scott Scale team and Elite, Trek/GF x-caliber, Felt, and Cannondale. A comparable package to the Sette would have cost $1800.00-$2000.00 plus tax. The Sette is $1335.00 delivered to my door. Yes, I would have received lifetime free tuneups, but I do all of my own bike work so it really didn't matter. I am a big supporter of my LBS but the savings was too big. Have you ridden it yet? I will report back on my first ride.
    For the $1299 I got my 2011 Trek X-Cal for, I think it was a better deal. If you compare the Sette to the MSRP of other bike brands, it's a great value, sure. I've found the Trek X-Calibers in local shops being sold for average of 1300-1400. At this price, I think the Sette loses some of it's value, and I would expect them to be a bit cheaper to compete. That's just me. Still looks like a great bike though.

    The Sette does have a few components that definitely stick out as being better than the X-Cal, but those are parts I plan on changing anyway. If you're not going to upgrade anything, it's something to consider.

    Brakes (I prefer Shimano)
    Wheels (Getting Easton Haven 29s)

    The Sette uses the 80mm Reba as opposed to the 100 on the X-Cal. I'm not sure if that's just internally limited with spacers like some of their forks or that's the max for that fork (Rockshox has way too many models). I prefer having the 100. Either way, I wish they specced more 29ers with thru-axles.

    It helped that I was able to ride the Trek and loved the way it felt/handled. The lifetime frame warranty matters to me since I've broke a frame (of another brand) before due to manufacturing/design defect and I was glad for the warranty.
    Last edited by BaeckerX1; 03-07-2011 at 03:46 PM.
    Gotta get up to get down.
    LMB

  31. #31
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Can we assume you've trimmed down that front brake hose?

    Nice pie-plate and reflectors though!

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboypilot
    What are your ride impressions so far?
    So, I have been riding this bike for a few months now and I have come away with some really good impressions. This is the best 29er that I could have gotten for the cost. This bike is extremely fast and stable. I demoed the Specialized Stumpjumper 29er a few times. After riding this bike for a few months, I have found that the Stumpjumper 29er is no better than the Sette. The only advantage of the Stumpjumper 29er is that it has a lifetime warranty on the frame which only really matters if you break it. I'm extremely happy with the purchase and would do it over again even if I had another thousand dollars to spend. I do plan on modifying the bike with higher end parts for weight, but see no need to upgrade the frame. Initially I thought I would swap out the frame for a name brand one, but after riding this, I see no need now.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim311
    Your garage is way too neat.
    Jim, I have OCD.

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboypilot
    What are your ride impressions so far?
    Fast,Stable, Shifts great, durable, I crash way less often. I do notice it's not as scalpel like in the hairpins as my Specialized Epic 26 but the reward is more stability and technical prowess. It was a great trade-off.

  35. #35
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by dubdryver
    His house looks brand new, probably doesn't have enough to clutter it up yet! Not only that but he lives in Texas, all the houses are bigger there..not to mention the real estate its built on!
    Good guess, the house is brand new, but I do keep a neat garage. I can't work in clutter

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by jdefran
    So how does this baby perform? I am really considering this or the other with the slx/xt. Anyone have opinions on the the extra $200 bucks for the shimano drivetrain and brakes?
    I liked the color of the other version better and wanted to get that bike, but I didn't get it specifically because of the Shimano Drive Train. I hear the Shimano is good but I am building up a SRAM Turner 5-Spot and I wanted the parts to be interchangeable. I also wanted to try the 1:1 Shifting. I must say, now that I've tried it, I love it. Now, I have all SRAM and if I need to rob a bike for a part, I can if I'm in a jam.

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    No clue, been busy riding it. They say 26lbs with tubeless and there is a lot of room for weight loss but the bike rides pretty amazingly now, so it will be a while before I feel the need to mod it.

  38. #38
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by mlk3454
    Are you running tubes in those wheels? I have those rims too and looking to try tubeless this spring.
    Not yet, got the kit though. If I still lived back east, I'd have done the conversion with all the spare time off the bike. Here in Texas, we never stop ridin.

  39. #39
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,662
    Quote Originally Posted by cbchess
    good lord that seems like a ton of seatpost sticking out of the bike. it might just be the angle of the photo.
    What size frame did you get? how tall are you?

    looks like a very nice frame!
    As a bike fitter I'll never understand these seatpost comments that get thrown out without ever seeing the rider standing beside their bike. The comment almost assumes the rider bought the wrong size bike.

    I have long legs and a short torso for my height, every bike I ride shows maximum seatpost extension and my bikes fit perfectly.

  40. #40
    Low Rep Count
    Reputation: 1SPD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    Looks good and fast! I actually like the somewhat plain white/gray color scheme.

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador
    Hey OP:
    Their website shows a single measurement for BB height, and for head and seat tube angles, but this is a bit confusing because these measurements will change depending on the fork length. And of course, they don''t mention at which fork length these measurements were taken -- only saying only that 80-100mm is recommended.

    With that in mind, can you take these measurements? The unsagged BB height is of most interest to me, but if you have the Angle finder App on an iPhone, perhaps you can get seat tube and head tube angles as well?

    And oh yes -- that's an 80mm fork setting on yours, correct?

    Thanks for any help you can provide.
    Hey, I don't want to give you measurements that are off. Shoot an email over to info@SetteBikes.com They have been really quick with any questions that I've had and should be able to give you measurements on all sizes of frames.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by BaeckerX1
    For the $1299 I got my 2011 Trek X-Cal for, I think it was a better deal. If you compare the Sette to the MSRP of other bike brands, it's a great value, sure. I've found the Trek X-Calibers in local shops being sold for average of 1300-1400. At this price, I think the Sette loses some of it's value, and I would expect them to be a bit cheaper to compete. That's just me. Still looks like a great bike though.

    The Sette does have a few components that definitely stick out as being better than the X-Cal, but those are parts I plan on changing anyway. If you're not going to upgrade anything, it's something to consider.

    Brakes (I prefer Shimano)
    Wheels (Getting Easton Haven 29s)

    The Sette uses the 80mm Reba as opposed to the 100 on the X-Cal. I'm not sure if that's just internally limited with spacers like some of their forks or that's the max for that fork (Rockshox has way too many models). I prefer having the 100. Either way, I wish they specced more 29ers with thru-axles.

    It helped that I was able to ride the Trek and loved the way it felt/handled. The lifetime frame warranty matters to me since I've broke a frame (of another brand) before due to manufacturing/design defect and I was glad for the warranty.
    The fork is a 100, the spacers from the factory are 80. Considering that the Sette components are the same as a Specialized Stumpy 29er comp and the bike rides just a well, actually it feels a tad more compliant. The value here is insane. I could have afforded either bike but chose the Sette on a roll of the dice and won.

  43. #43
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    Can we assume you've trimmed down that front brake hose?

    Nice pie-plate and reflectors though!
    Nope too busy riding. I have tied it down to the fork though so it looks way less obnoxious.

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Up
    As a bike fitter I'll never understand these seatpost comments that get thrown out without ever seeing the rider standing beside their bike. The comment almost assumes the rider bought the wrong size bike.

    I have long legs and a short torso for my height, every bike I ride shows maximum seatpost extension and my bikes fit perfectly.
    So true, what if I had been 6ft 8. The bike was freshly built and nothing had been adjusted yet.

  45. #45
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    Nope too busy riding. I have tied it down to the fork though so it looks way less obnoxious.
    That long hose, reflectors, and pie plate just scream "Hi, I'm FRED and I'm new to cycling".

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    248
    I can't tell from the website. Does the fork come with a lockout? I'm pretty dang interested in either a Razzo frame or a complete build. I do want a lockout on whatever fork I'm using though.

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    That long hose, reflectors, and pie plate just scream "Hi, I'm FRED and I'm new to cycling".
    I used to pull the pie plates first thing as they scream "FRED" but I bent a derailer hanger once and shifted the chain off the big cog into the spokes on a gnarly climb. It was with my bucks up custom set of wheels. Did a number on the spokes. Cha-ching to replace all the drive side spokes. I leave the pie plates on now, haha.

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    The fork is a 100, the spacers from the factory are 80. Considering that the Sette components are the same as a Specialized Stumpy 29er comp and the bike rides just a well, actually it feels a tad more compliant. The value here is insane. I could have afforded either bike but chose the Sette on a roll of the dice and won.
    I ordered a frame from a different mail order company back in the day and was told a certain BB height through their website and from what a guy read off a spec sheet over the phone, however the actual bikes had a 1/2" lower BB because of some apparent miscommunication along the lines. Measuring angles is a little more complicated, but getting a good approximation of the BB height is easy and quick by putting a ruler on the ground and eyeballing the center of the spindle hole in the crank

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85

    Pic, 2 months later.

    Sorry for the dark light in the garage. Didn't feel like opening the door. Brake cable adjusted, seat height adjusted and pie plate removed. I did get a white seat post and white handgrips with red and blue anodized clips.

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5509889611/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5292/5509889611_0eee5eb85b_z.jpg" width="640" height="478" alt="" /></a>

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by rodster
    I can't tell from the website. Does the fork come with a lockout? I'm pretty dang interested in either a Razzo frame or a complete build. I do want a lockout on whatever fork I'm using though.
    It did, but as with all Rock Shox, the lockout suxs. Better than nothing though.

  51. #51
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    My Large Razzo with the Reba at 100mm running Ardent 2.2 front and Crossmark 2.1 at the rear has BB height of 12.8".

  52. #52
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    Sorry for the dark light in the garage. Didn't feel like opening the door. Brake cable adjusted, seat height adjusted and pie plate removed. I did get a white seat post and white handgrips with red and blue anodized clips.

    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/36570216@N02/5509889611/" title="Untitled by formula1boy, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5292/5509889611_0eee5eb85b_z.jpg" width="640" height="478" alt="" /></a>
    Nice looking bike!
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

  53. #53
    not really an mtbr member
    Reputation: theextremist04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by rodster
    I used to pull the pie plates first thing as they scream "FRED" but I bent a derailer hanger once and shifted the chain off the big cog into the spokes on a gnarly climb. It was with my bucks up custom set of wheels. Did a number on the spokes. Cha-ching to replace all the drive side spokes. I leave the pie plates on now, haha.
    Not trying to be argumentative but I prefer having my shifting set up correctly.

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by theextremist04
    Not trying to be argumentative but I prefer having my shifting set up correctly.
    No matter how perfectly your shifting is set up bending a hanger on the trail can easily lead to problems like that

  55. #55
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 1-bar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,462
    Gotta say this is a great bang for your buck bike. My buddy just picked one up in a large and it weighed exactly 25.5lbs with no pedals in stock trim. We swapped out the wheels for some Crest and setup the small block 8s tubeless. The bike now weights 23.7lbs no pedals! For those interested the stock TN719s weight a WHOPPING 2200gms.
    C-DALE FLASH 29 Carbon 2 (19.6 lbs)
    C-DALE BB1

  56. #56
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by 1-bar
    Gotta say this is a great bang for your buck bike. My buddy just picked one up in a large and it weighed exactly 25.5lbs with no pedals in stock trim. We swapped out the wheels for some Crest and setup the small block 8s tubeless. The bike now weights 23.7lbs no pedals! For those interested the stock TN719s weight a WHOPPING 2200gms.
    The good news is that most of that wheelset weight is in the Deore hubs and so doesn't really count as "rotating weight" even close to the same way that rim, tube, tire, nipples and spokes do. The TN719 is a decent weight and a dependable rim, and the butted spokes and alloy nipples are a pretty decent build for stock wheels.

  57. #57
    Uncle
    Reputation: Entrenador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,993
    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    Hey, I don't want to give you measurements that are off.
    The guys at Sette / PricePoint are the folks that posted their mystery geometry in the first place. For the BB measurement: If you're willing to put a tape measure to the floor and measure up to the center of your crank spindle, that + you fork travel setting (80mm, correct?) will give us some useful info about the BB height. I trust your ability with this -- much more so than some reading off of a stat sheet.

    No worries about the angles. What do you say?
    Every rose has it's thorn.

    enjoy the ear worm

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    No matter how perfectly your shifting is set up bending a hanger on the trail can easily lead to problems like that
    It could, or you can be smart about it by bending the hanger back and then staying out of that granny gear until you can get it home for further inspection.

    Lastly, the second you feel the chain drop into your spokes, STOP PEDALING!

  59. #59
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    It could, or you can be smart about it by bending the hanger back and then staying out of that granny gear until you can get it home for further inspection.

    Lastly, the second you feel the chain drop into your spokes, STOP PEDALING!
    Must feel great living in this perfect world of yours where everything is predictable and controllable.

  60. #60
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    It could, or you can be smart about it by bending the hanger back and then staying out of that granny gear until you can get it home for further inspection.

    Lastly, the second you feel the chain drop into your spokes, STOP PEDALING!
    Best advice I've ever gotten from a human person!
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

  61. #61
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by Dictatorsaurus
    Must feel great living in this perfect world of yours where everything is predictable and controllable.
    It ain't a perfect world, but a little common sense and mechanical smarts always helps.

    Predictable - yes - if I crash on my derailleur side, I can predict the possibility of new shifting problems.

    Controllable - yes - if I feel or hear a problem I can control my legs, make them stop, and investigate before doing more damage.


    This being said, a flimsy piece of plastic isn't going to save you from a derailleur in the spokes or a really bad shift into the spokes.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    It could, or you can be smart about it by bending the hanger back and then staying out of that granny gear until you can get it home for further inspection.

    Lastly, the second you feel the chain drop into your spokes, STOP PEDALING!
    First, I've hit the derailleur while riding (i.e. no crash involved) and not known the hanger was now bent until I tried to make my next shifts

    Second, by the time you feel it drop and react it usually too late.

  63. #63
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    First, I've hit the derailleur while riding (i.e. no crash involved) and not known the hanger was now bent until I tried to make my next shifts

    Second, by the time you feel it drop and react it usually too late.

    Like I said, it ain't a perfect world...


    If you're that worried about it, get a Rohloff or ditch the gears and go single speed.

  64. #64
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    Like I said, it ain't a perfect world...


    If you're that worried about it, get a Rohloff or ditch the gears and go single speed.
    Uncanny insight. Bravo my friend, Bravo!
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

  65. #65
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    Like I said, it ain't a perfect world...
    Exactly my point too, and that's why I was trying to refute theextremist04's backhanded insult of another poster that simply setting things up correctly avoids problems, as well as your comments that backhandedly say that people must not be smart if a bent hanger has actually done damage

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    644
    Quote Originally Posted by boomn
    Exactly my point too, and that's why I was trying to refute theextremist04's backhanded insult of another poster that simply setting things up correctly avoids problems, as well as your comments that backhandedly say that people must not be smart if a bent hanger has actually done damage
    Maybe I should re-phrase to be less backhanded for those of you with thin baby skin.

    If you bang your derailleur on a recreational ride, continue riding without checking it out, and shift into your spokes, then you'll get to pay the "stupid tax" when you buy a bunch of replacement parts.

  67. #67
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    It ain't a perfect world, but a little common sense and mechanical smarts always helps.

    Predictable - yes - if I crash on my derailleur side, I can predict the possibility of new shifting problems.

    Controllable - yes - if I feel or hear a problem I can control my legs, make them stop, and investigate before doing more damage.


    This being said, a flimsy piece of plastic isn't going to save you from a derailleur in the spokes or a really bad shift into the spokes.
    It only takes a split second to bend your DH and have your RD playing patty cake with your spokes.

    I removed the plastic disc but can see why some choose to keep it.

  68. #68
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    10
    OP,

    Can you expand a little on the characteristics of the handling, how they are different than the Stumpy Comp 29?

    I test-rode the stumpjumper, liked it.

    Was about to pull the trigger on the Razzo,

    Rode the Trek/Fisher Paragon, hated it. Now, I'm scared to commit to the Razzo.

    Do you like your Razzo better than a stumpjumper?

    BTW,

    Thanks for putting up with these kids and their Pie plate arguments. I think a good way to not try to be argumentative is... If you don't want one, take it off. If it doesn't bother you.... Leave it.

  69. #69
    Bloated Cubs Fan
    Reputation: waterdude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    Maybe I should re-phrase to be less backhanded for those of you with thin baby skin.

    If you bang your derailleur on a recreational ride, continue riding without checking it out, and shift into your spokes, then you'll get to pay the "stupid tax" when you buy a bunch of replacement parts.
    Thanks for your consideration. You're a true gentleman!
    I said, "Do you speak-a my language?" He just smiled and gave me a vegemite sandwich...

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggs
    Maybe I should re-phrase to be less backhanded for those of you with thin baby skin.

    If you bang your derailleur on a recreational ride, continue riding without checking it out, and shift into your spokes, then you'll get to pay the "stupid tax" when you buy a bunch of replacement parts.
    I didn't mean that to be as argumentative as it came out, I just do not understand how you can say that "it ain't a perfect world" and then not admit that there can be so many variations on what actually happens out on the trail in this imperfect world that even smart riders can run into problems. For example, that one time I bent my hanger was in a really chunky rock garden and whatever contact my derailleur made with a rock was entirely masked by the other impacts and sounds that were going on while I was flying through there.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador
    The guys at Sette / PricePoint are the folks that posted their mystery geometry in the first place. For the BB measurement: If you're willing to put a tape measure to the floor and measure up to the center of your crank spindle, that + you fork travel setting (80mm, correct?) will give us some useful info about the BB height. I trust your ability with this -- much more so than some reading off of a stat sheet.

    No worries about the angles. What do you say?
    11.25"

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Heuy
    OP,

    Can you expand a little on the characteristics of the handling, how they are different than the Stumpy Comp 29?

    I test-rode the stumpjumper, liked it.

    Was about to pull the trigger on the Razzo,

    Rode the Trek/Fisher Paragon, hated it. Now, I'm scared to commit to the Razzo.

    Do you like your Razzo better than a stumpjumper?

    BTW,

    Thanks for putting up with these kids and their Pie plate arguments. I think a good way to not try to be argumentative is... If you don't want one, take it off. If it doesn't bother you.... Leave it.
    They both turned in the same, The Razzo felt more stable, more plush. The Stumpy beat me up a bit more. The Stumpy has a more racy layout than the 2.0. The Razzo 1.0 has the stumpy layout. I wanted to be a little more upright so it was 2.0 for me. The Razzo felt way faster on the straight fire roads. It also felt like I didn't need to give so much effort to ride it. It may have been the small block 8's on the Razzo. I liked both bikes but after riding both, I cannot possible justify that much more on a Stumpy that is arguably inferior depending on your preference. The stumpy felt stiffer but I did not like it's feeling. The Razzo felt like a FS bike. The Stumpy may be barely a hair better acceleration wise. If that's true, it isn't enough of a factor in getting the stumpy. I was hesitant at first too but now I'm so glad I did not go specialized on this purchase. Neither is a bad bike at all but, I'd give the edge to the Razzo for the better feeling going over bumps.

  73. #73
    Uncle
    Reputation: Entrenador's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,993

    80mm fork setting?

    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    11.25"
    11.25" -- is that sagged / with rider weight, or unweighted? Also, is your fork set to 80mm or 100mm of travel?
    Thanks again.
    Every rose has it's thorn.

    enjoy the ear worm

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by Entrenador
    11.25" -- is that sagged / with rider weight, or unweighted? Also, is your fork set to 80mm or 100mm of travel?
    Thanks again.
    No weight. 80mm

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation: AZ-X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    363
    Quote Originally Posted by s760@yahoo.com
    They both turned in the same, The Razzo felt more stable, more plush. The Stumpy beat me up a bit more. The Stumpy has a more racy layout than the 2.0. The Razzo 1.0 has the stumpy layout. I wanted to be a little more upright so it was 2.0 for me. The Razzo felt way faster on the straight fire roads. It also felt like I didn't need to give so much effort to ride it. It may have been the small block 8's on the Razzo. I liked both bikes but after riding both, I cannot possible justify that much more on a Stumpy that is arguably inferior depending on your preference. The stumpy felt stiffer but I did not like it's feeling. The Razzo felt like a FS bike. The Stumpy may be barely a hair better acceleration wise. If that's true, it isn't enough of a factor in getting the stumpy. I was hesitant at first too but now I'm so glad I did not go specialized on this purchase. Neither is a bad bike at all but, I'd give the edge to the Razzo for the better feeling going over bumps.
    Thanks for the comparison. What size is your frame and how tall are you?
    Ride to Live...
    Niner MCR 9 Framest and XO Cranks w/ Ceramic BB for sale in MTBR Classifieds!

  76. #76
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    6

    The Razzo Rocks

    I haven't been on MTBR for awhile - curious to see other Razzo feedback.

    I bought the '10 model almost a year ago and have been digging it since. It's been ridden fairly often and raced once. I'm old and slow (45+ Sport class), but the bike isn't. I've been 100% happy going with the Sette. Beginner rider I'm not, been riding mountain bikes since '84 with plenty of nice bikes in the garage. Now being family guy, the bike budget has shrunk, so I went with the Sette. It's a killer deal. Like some people have posted, I thought maybe I'd sell the frame and move the parts over to Niner - no reason to. The Sette rides and handles great. I also test rode a few 29ers before ordering the Sette: Niner, Specialized, and Scott.

    For reference, I'm almost 5' 11" and went with a medium frame. Center of BB to top of saddle measures 29". I'm used to the XC old school layout with longer reach, so swapped the stock stem for 120mm. I also swapped the 'bars, since I had 'em in the garage and they fit the stem (not oversized). I also swapped the saddle and seatpost for a Thompson and old Flite saddle. Added some bar ends - like I said - I'm a bit old school. Otherwise, been riding as is with no other changes. I'm amazed how well the Small Block 8 tires work in conditions you wouldn't expect.

    If you're considering a 29er, you can't go wrong with the Razzo. Killer deal, nice bike. Pic below as set up now. If interested, more Razzo pics throughout my blog: http://yoeddy.blogspot.com/2010/04/s...ls-arrive.html
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by yoeddy1991; 03-10-2011 at 06:59 PM.

  77. #77
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ-X
    Thanks for the comparison. What size is your frame and how tall are you?
    Frame 18"
    Height 5-9

  78. #78
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    21
    That is a beautiful bike. I want a 29er so bad but this is just outside of my budget, and it makes me cry Pricepoint ever have sales on these? Gotta stay <1000

  79. #79
    Mountain Lion Bait
    Reputation: renderedtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    876
    My Razzo 2.0 is supposed to show up tomorrow. I went with different wheels though, and they are supposed to be here tomorrow as well. s760, if you don't mind, I'd like to piggyback on your thread with some pic's since it gave me the inspiration to get a Razzo 2.0 of my own. My first 29'r too, this should be interesting.

  80. #80
    LCW
    LCW is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LCW's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4,014
    are those TN 719 something new from Mavic? I run C29ssmax's - and wasn't aware of any other 29er wheels by Mavic... but i see they are under the rims section, not wheels...

    EVIL Following

    Surly Wednesday

  81. #81
    mtbr member
    Reputation: boomn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    9,647
    Quote Originally Posted by LCW
    are those TN 719 something new from Mavic? I run C29ssmax's - and wasn't aware of any other 29er wheels by Mavic... but i see they are under the rims section, not wheels...
    The TN719 is only the rim. The wheels on this bike are built with "Shimano Deore 29er Hubs/14-15g stainless steel spoke and alloy nipples". The heavy wheelset weights people are mentioning are based on the heavy Deore hubs

  82. #82
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    25
    Just ordered the Razzo 1.0! This will be my first serious bike purchase. I always bought department store, off the rack bikes before because I was aware enough about myself to know that I didn't need to spend more than like $500. Now I'm getting into it more and my current bike is like 8 or 9 years old and the components don't have any life in them.

    I'm always weary of budget/off brands but i just couldn't argue with the specs. I figure the worst that happens is the frame sucks and I swap all the components onto a different frame.

    Excited!

  83. #83
    Mountain Lion Bait
    Reputation: renderedtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    876
    The Razzo 1.0 is sweet and has great specs. I just was more into the color scheme of the 2.0. I got it yesterday. Swapping the wheels out with new crossmax 29r wheelset. Should have pic's by tomorrow or Sat.

  84. #84
    Mountain Lion Bait
    Reputation: renderedtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    876
    Here's a couple of pictures. Added Mavic wheelset, ODI grips, Woodburn QR seatclamp, Xpedo flats. Everything else is what came with the bike:





  85. #85
    Austin, Texas
    Reputation: smokehouse4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    164
    I really like that Sette 2. I am in the market myself for a 29er. Trying to stay between 1000 and 1500. Think I may start a thread... My concern is the warranty. What is the warranty for this bike? I have had real problems with my FS 26" and would have been totally effed if it didn't have a lifetime warranty. I'm talking two broken chainstays, and a broken frame.

  86. #86
    Mountain Lion Bait
    Reputation: renderedtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    876
    Not sure about the warranty. Pricepoint probably has something on it. As far as the frame goes, if it breaks, I'll just get another Razzo, or Access frame. Or, I'll get a higher end frame depending on what I want to spend. My frame thus far seems pretty solid. There's a welded bracked on the top tube at teh seat stay that I don't really like, so I might get it welded and have the frame repainted at some point.

  87. #87
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    46
    Im thinking about buying a Sette Razzo frame but Im afraid about the rear tyre clearence. How near is the tyre from the frame with a 2.0" tyre?

  88. #88
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by renderedtoast
    Here's a couple of pictures. Added Mavic wheelset, ODI grips, Woodburn QR seatclamp, Xpedo flats. Everything else is what came with the bike:




    How much does it weight with the Crossmax 29er wheelset and no pedals?

  89. #89
    Austin, Texas
    Reputation: smokehouse4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    164
    Is this bike completely in parts when it arrives? Sorry to be so clueless.

  90. #90
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    31
    Quote Originally Posted by lowr1d3r
    Im thinking about buying a Sette Razzo frame but Im afraid about the rear tyre clearence. How near is the tyre from the frame with a 2.0" tyre?
    I run a 2.2 geax saguaro no problem. A 2.35 rampage will not fit, but it's not an ideal rear tire anyways.

    I have the original razzo but I'd assume the new ones are the same with different paint job.

  91. #91
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    174

    general razzo build question..

    Hi All - my understanding after reviewing the online specs. and talking with pricepoint on the phone is that there is no frame difference between 2010 and 2011 models except for paint. The 1.0, 2.0, etc refers to component build. Is this true. Thanks,

    Chris

  92. #92
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcrawford
    Hi All - my understanding after reviewing the online specs. and talking with pricepoint on the phone is that there is no frame difference between 2010 and 2011 models except for paint. The 1.0, 2.0, etc refers to component build. Is this true. Thanks,

    Chris
    Different cable and hose routing between the 2010 and 2011.

  93. #93
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    174
    Thanks - Is one clearly superior to the other?

    Chris

  94. #94
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Dictatorsaurus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    2,655
    Quote Originally Posted by cjcrawford
    Thanks - Is one clearly superior to the other?

    Chris
    Nope. Same bike just cosmetically different with different cable stops.

  95. #95
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    86

    Here is a 2011 22" XL RAzzo

    I only bought the frame and a few parts, used existing parts for 90%
    I think it came out looking pretty good.. hit the trails w/ it tomorrow for first time.. (I do plan to swap the front tire to a matching kenda.)


  96. #96
    Mountain Lion Bait
    Reputation: renderedtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    876
    Quote Originally Posted by fab4 View Post
    How much does it weight with the Crossmax 29er wheelset and no pedals?
    Too be honest, I'm not sure. I haven't weighed it. I can say that there is a world of difference in the weight between the Crossmax wheelset and the stock wheelset. If I ever get a chance to weigh it, I'll post up the results. It rides great though.

  97. #97
    mtbr member
    Reputation: onlycrimson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    630
    Wow, that looks so much better than previous offerings.

  98. #98
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    25
    Great thread. I am looking for a 29er frame but have a budget. Came across this frame at Price Point, but wasn't sure if I should get it. But it seems to be a solid product.

  99. #99
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    15
    Sweet hot rods guys! Thanks for the info on them. I'm leaning towards the 2.0 over the 1.0.

    Is there any NEED for the fork to be 100 instead of the 80? Or would it just be so your riding buddies won't rag on you for having less travel than they do? Has anyone changed it to 100 on a Razzo and noticed any handling differences?

  100. #100
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    85
    On really rough stuff, I think 100 would take more edge off, but with an slight handling tradeoff. Probably worth the trade though. I'm about to go with 100mm

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •