mtbr member
    Jul 2013

2011 Access Stealth Headset

Hey all, I have a 2011 Access Stealth frame that was originally sold at Performance Bikes. It originally came with an integrated headset, which is now missing. I have done the measurements myself to determine the size of the headset I will need to replace it with, and none of the measurements seem to fit the standard headsets. I even brought the frame to Performance today to see if they could help me, but the mechanic was stumped by his measurements as well.

Does anyone happen to know the size of headset that would fit this frame? The specs on the Performance website say 1 1/8", but I tried this size of headset and it was WAY too small. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm just measuring wrong, but the fact that the mechanic at Performance couldn't figure it out worries me a bit.

thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    what is the measurement? There are tons of headset sizes.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Look into a zero stack (semi-integrated) headset and see if that will fit.

May be a 44.00mm I.D. on the head tube.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Thanks guys! I measured the inside of the head tube at 1 5/8", which correlates to 44.2mm. I'll see if a zero stack will work. Thanks so much for the info.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Wouldn't surprise me to find it is the 44mm I.D. type zero stack because that is what they also used on the XCL 9'r frames that were sold previous to the Stealth models. The stock headset on those was about as cheap as a headset can get. Mine is still good, but many have had issues with them, especially those riding in poor weather. Probably doing yourself a favor getting a better quality one anyway. Here are some examples of what you're likely looking for:

Aheadset ZS Zero Stack Headset 1 1 8" 44mm ID Black | eBay

or

Cane Creek 40 Series Zero Stack 1 1 8" Threadless Straight 44mm Blk Headset FS | eBay

And, just to be clear, it is a 'semi-integrated' or 'zero stack' headset. An 'integrated' headset does not have cups that press in, the bearings just set down into the head tube.