Gold Member

Cool-blue Rhythm 1st Attempt at Carbon... On-One Lurcher added to the stable

It's a bit of a cross-post On-One forum, but hey, that's what all the different forums are about, right?!

First, I must say, the guys at TitusTi.com (Patrick in particular) have been great to work with, answering questions, etc. So I wanted to give them some props up front!

2nd, for a "budget" frame and fork, I was pretty stoked to see the overall finish and quality of the frame and fork (although my fork did come raw).

I assembled it Friday and mustered a quick ride on Sat. to test her out. Between my migraine and the soggy trails, the ride was short, but has left me drooling at the chance to hit the trails with this in some nice weather!

The ride was pretty sweet though, or from what I could tell. Most of the smaller trail rocks and roots are almost non-existant with the carbon below me and that was with 35psi in the tires. I really look forward to this bike delivering a very smooth ride as I get it dialed in more...

A recap: On-One Lurcher, (all carbon frame (3lbs 10oz with headset and seatpost clamp 18" and fork (1lb,6oz with race) including my fork's quick rattle-can paint job to match frame.

Total weight turned out to 23lbs dead even. Built with a mix of SLX (frnt drlr, cranks, shifters) and XT (rr drlr, chain, cassette) Easton EC70 seatpost and h.bar., Hope ProII hubs, DT dbl spokes, Vel. Blunt rims, OnOne headset and s.post clamp, FSA head plug, Xmark tires, Kenda tubes, Avid CR brakes, Giant seat & stem.

Sadly, I can drop almost 200grms alone by moving to different tubes! ,but at
    200lbs, I'm not too concerned about it.

Thinking that as an SS, she'll come in about 20lbs +/- .5lbs.
    I'll post more as I get some time on her...

CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    Salsa El Mariachi
    SC TBc
    Kona JTS
    RM RMX
    LOOK675

mtbr member
    I've been looking at this frame for a while. I have a bunch of spare parts around the house that may equal up to a SS. Looking forward to ride report.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Teal Deer

Map Maker
    Looks good jay! how does it handle? I've got a carbon fork That I am about to put on my steel vassago.
    Richmond, VA
    Ra-MORE mtb club

Gold Member
    handling is a bit different from what I'm used to and I think it has a little to do with my current setup. For the sake of saving the wallet I reused the stem from the wife's Giant Anthem (90mm) and combined with the 40mm riser it sits a little upright and the front end feels really light, twitchy even. I flipped the stem to wash out the 40mm rise, but haven't had a chance to run it yet.

I'm thinking I'll end up with a flatbar soon.

That said, the bike (frame and fork) feel very solid. Very little hint of flex under braking and such. At least from my 1st ride (which was a casual pace).
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    Salsa El Mariachi
    SC TBc
    Kona JTS
    RM RMX
    LOOK675

Gold Member
    Logged in about 18 mls today and the bike is completely different with the stem flipped!
    Much more stable and less "floaty."
    Speaking of stable, I don't think I've ever owned a bike that is so easy to ride w/o hands. This frame has got to be one of the best tracking (IE straight) frames that I've ever thrown a leg over!

Handling is fast, much faster than my El Mariachi, so it'll take me a little longer to get used to it.

It rides really smooth up to the point that you are using brakes over rocks and roots, then I think my El Mar. does a better jobs of absorbing the stutters.
    CyclingCentralVa.org
    Shop Hand
    On-One Lurcher
    Salsa El Mariachi
    SC TBc
    Kona JTS
    RM RMX
    LOOK675